Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Caching Maps in GOApp
7242 16 2016-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdugger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

Could someone share the steps to cache a map location in advance of heading out to fly.  Will probably end up doing hotspot with iphone to feed iPad mini in field, but if caching in advance is not a problem that would be simpler.

Thanks!

Chris

2016-1-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

You'll just need to enable "Cache map in the background" in the "General Settings" first . Then , switch to the map in your DJI Go and find that place .
2016-1-19
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-19 17:01
You'll just need to enable "Cache map in the background" in the "General Settings" first . Then , sw ...

I'm attempting to do the same, however in my version 2.5.1, I cannot find Cache Map in Background. Am I missing something?
2016-1-30
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

i have the same problem with my ipad mini 3
2016-1-30
Use props
artworksmetal
lvl.1

United States

The only caching I can find is video caching. I'd love to get a definitive answer on this before next week.
Has anybody used offline Google maps?
2016-2-4
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.4
United States

Open your Go app and touch the areas in blue...

image1.jpg
2016-2-5
Use props
artworksmetal
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the reply, Gusto. I have no General settings.  Attached is the version info screen, and the only thing I can see that relates to maps. Thanks.

About.png
map.png
2016-2-6
Use props
lookin48197
New

United States

I am new to these forums so I appoligize in advance. I would like to know if the Phantom 3 Standard has way point capabilties using the right app? please let me know.
Thanks
2016-2-6
Use props
wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I used Google Maps Offline feature and downloaded the map area beforehand. This is how I'm using my 7 inch tablet that has GPS but is wifi only.

https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/6291838?hl=en-GB

2016-2-6
Use props
RodB
lvl.3

Australia

wellsi Posted at 2016-2-7 04:53
I used Google Maps Offline feature and downloaded the map area beforehand. This is how I'm using my  ...

Are you saying that if I cache google maps of a remote area that the Dji Go app will access those saved maps when Im flying there ?
2016-2-6
Use props
Phantom Vibes
lvl.1

Netherlands

RodB Posted at 2016-2-6 22:48
Are you saying that if I cache google maps of a remote area that the Dji Go app will access those  ...

Hi yes, i did the same yesterday with success!! Within Google Maps App. It will be available for the DJI Go app as well.
Be careful with cleaning apps that clear cached data.
2016-2-6
Use props
j30trouble
lvl.4
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

Yeah my android device does not have a cache map option in settings. The IOS device does.
2016-2-6
Use props
anandharaj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55184 ft
Malaysia

The DJI GO app is actually using Google Map, so as @wellsi said, just download offline map prior to fly.

I believe the feature "cache map in background" has been removed in DJI GO 2.6.0 since Google Map provide "offline map" feature.
2016-2-6
Use props
wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

j30trouble Posted at 2016-2-7 02:18
Yeah my android device does not have a cache map option in settings. The IOS device does.

Caching Maps is a feature of Google Maps, not the device. It should be available in Google Maps for you.

As said, Go App uses Google Maps; I don't believe it caches maps itself; I defo don't have that option in my latest Android version of Go App.  
So yes, my wi-fi only tablet uses the Google Cached maps to display where I am and where the drone is.  I set a 100 mile area around my house to be downloaded, so it always displays whenever I head out.
That used arouund 130 Mb of storage space.
Cheers,
Ian
2016-2-6
Use props
artworksmetal
lvl.1

United States

Thanks a bunch Ian. There's a number of posts about caching that appear to be out of date due to FW updates or IOS vs Android. I've been searching religiously and have found no statements to date from moderators on the subject. Other than older posts saying to turn on map caching in general settings.
2016-2-8
Use props
fansaff5c294
New

New Zealand

how do you download caching map for p4 pro
2016-12-28
Use props
rsking
lvl.1
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2016-2-5 08:15
Open your Go app and touch the areas in blue...

http://i66.tinypic.com/5xu7v7.jpg[/img]

When I first got my phantom I had the map you have on the bottom right of screen. I no longer have that.
Also I checked and I dont have "Cache map in back ground".
Must be time to go with a apple product to be able to access eveything
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules