Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I crash a lot!
2203 23 2016-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nink
lvl.3

Canada

Maybe it is just my bad flying.  I have never been into RC Planes or helecopters etc in the past so I don't have a lot of experience but I just seem to crash a lot.  The drone appears to be pretty strong, I have hit my house, several trees and various other objects (including my son flying into my leg) and although it is pretty beat up with cracks in the plastic and a bit of plastic rattling around inside,  it still flies fine but I go through a lot of blades .  

Today I crashed because a helecopter decided he wanted to fly in the same non restricted air space I was flying in so I dropped to tree level to stay out of his way.   He didn't leave, he just kept buzzing around so I tried to navigate my way home (Did not want to use home button because I am sure he would have loved if I crossed his path) so I hovered just over the tree tops and yep hit the tip of a tree and down she came.  1/2 hour later I found it after tromping through snow and ice but I lost my SD card it fell out in the crash so I don't even have the video :-(

I crash a lot, do you?

2016-1-16
Use props
nixdiecast
lvl.1

United States

Exact reason why  I purchased a $50 drone to lean how to fly without any GPS help. I wrecked it many times and fished it out of a few trees.
If you can fly a none guided $50 drone, the Phantom is very easy to fly.
With a phantom  height is your best friend.
Good luck and safer flying .
2016-1-16
Use props
cdwilson0302
lvl.1

United States

I can't tell if you're serious or not....
If you are, you need to be buying drones under $100. For sure.
2016-1-16
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The number one cause of crashes is beginners flying close to trees and buildings.
Do yourself a favour and go to a nice large open area with no obstacles and learn to fly there.
2016-1-16
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40269 ft
United States

nixdiecast Posted at 2016-1-16 18:11
Exact reason why  I purchased a $50 drone to lean how to fly without any GPS help. I wrecked it many ...

Ditto, same approach here--under $50 Hubsan for 4-6 months and lots of learning.  If you can fly one of those the P3 is a breeze.  In several months of flying the P3 now, not a single crash.  I fly around many obstacles (trees) around the farm and the Hubsan practice and crashes have kept me flying my P3 without a scratch.

Anyone starting out with no flying experience or quadcopter/RC experience should find someone to help them along after they read the manual, study this board and watch all the available videos.  It will save a lot of $$$ in the long run and raise the satisfaction level immensely once crashing is no longer an issue.
2016-1-16
Use props
Nink
lvl.3

Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-16 18:22
The number one cause of crashes is beginners flying close to trees and buildings.
Do yourself a favo ...

I did the fly in open spaces thing for a while but it is pretty boring.  I was thinking about a  3D printed drone so I can just print new parts every time I crash.  I saw a couple of models on line that looked interesting.  
2016-1-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

i bought a Hubsan at Christmas just for $hits and giggles and i have to tell you it has been a blast in the house, i find myself trying and doing things i might not otherwise try outside and no fear to lose it, maybe bounce it off a wall or a tv or whatever, who cares, it is a learning experience in itself as you are confined to spaces and need to learn to react, you really get a better sense of what you are doing and makes flying the phantom a walk in the park.

Not sure if you have read any tutorials but is sure sounds like it would not hurt or for you at least to watch a few videos..Sounds like a bigger accident waiting to happen....http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid251592
check that thread out and do a bit of homework, it might save your bacon in more ways than one....

2016-1-16
Use props
eospro

Australia

I fail to understand how you could crash so much. I have had my P3S for 3 weeks. No RC experience what so ever, and only spent 1/2 hour on the simulator. First flight was in a small park, When I got near some trees, I just let go of the controls and the phantom would just stop and hover, I would work out what I had to do to make it go where I wanted and away I went. I could understand hitting things if not in GPS mode as you have to control drift,
I brought a Syma X11 to fly around the house and learn to fly with no gps. After an hour I could get around without crashing into everything most of the time. Going back to the phantom after the X11, it is so easy to fly,  As cdwilson0302 said I don't know if your serious or not. If you are start looking at videos of learning to fly quadcopters in general, they really do help and try the sim in the Go app, it is very basic and is harder than the real thing. Practice on a cheap $50 drone and it will improve your flying in no time.

Good luck
2016-1-16
Use props
kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

one of the funnier posts I read!

great attitude for sure.

have you thought about fishing?

good luck and have fun flying(crashing)!
2016-1-16
Use props
Nink
lvl.3

Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-1-16 22:58
one of the funnier posts I read!

great attitude for sure.

Thanks and I am having a lot of fun :-)

I just ordered a Hubson X4H107C on Amazon (and a crash kit)  

2016-1-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nink Posted at 2016-1-17 15:34
Thanks and I am having a lot of fun :-)

I just ordered a Hubson X4H107C on Amazon (and a crash ki ...

Maybe you should change your user name to SirCrashalot
2016-1-16
Use props
eospro

Australia

Have a read of this. If it doesn't help. Take up fishing.

http://uavcoach.com/how-to-fly-a-quadcopter-guide/
2016-1-16
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3
United States

I am playing around with my Blade 180 QX and my brothers Blade Glimpse FPV. I have ordered a P3 Adv and super excited about moving up. It's good to see all the great tips and feedback. I definitely won't be flying my P3 around any houses or trees. :-)
2016-1-16
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Lost SD Card

"I lost my SD card it fell out in the crash so I don't even have the video :-( "

If you're lucky..... well that didnt come out right

There might be a 720p video for you in the app!
Connect your phone/pad to your computer and look for the dji.pilot folder.
Inside that is another folder named DJI_RECORD where you'll find the cached videos.
DJI_RECORD 17.01.2016.jpg
2016-1-16
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

This is concerning...
2016-2-4
Use props
afiend69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

Yes it is.  I wouldn't give up my airspace for a helicopter or anything if I was there first.
2016-2-4
Use props
Nink
lvl.3

Canada

afiend69 Posted at 2016-2-5 01:26
Yes it is.  I wouldn't give up my airspace for a helicopter or anything if I was there first.

Well the good news is I crash a lot less these days.  The training quad I ordered on amazon still hasn't turned up but since then I am getting better at ATTI mode and I  have stopped trying to navigate between houses, close to trees etc.  
2016-2-6
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.3

United States

Wow this is crazy to read. I learned on a cheapo so I could avoid situations like this. I do wish you the best of luck though. Careful!
2016-2-6
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Nink Posted at 2016-2-6 21:53
Well the good news is I crash a lot less these days.  The training quad I ordered on amazon still  ...

Did you find the Cached video?
2016-2-6
Use props
Nink
lvl.3

Canada

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-6 16:03
Did you find the Cached video?

no wasn't in the cache :-(  and it turns out the chip wasn't even in the drone,  I found it in the SD port on my laptop.  I had forgotten to put it back in. I wondered how it was possible it could fall out.  looks like I wasn't even recording.   I did find a lot of great videos on the ipad though that I didn't know i had :-)
2016-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nink Posted at 2016-2-7 08:21
no wasn't in the cache :-(  and it turns out the chip wasn't even in the drone,  I found it in the ...

Yes, unfortunately the firmware designers figure that if your card is not inserted in the drone then you probably don't want the video recorded on the phone either. Go figure.

I asked for this to be changed months ago, no response.

2016-2-6
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Nink Posted at 2016-2-6 20:53
Well the good news is I crash a lot less these days.  The training quad I ordered on amazon still  ...

Hahaha...I'm glad you live in Canada
2016-2-6
Use props
jumbotron12
lvl.1

Hong Kong

It takes a lot of effort to get the hang of how to fly a drone - watching many videos of how it is done first helped me a lot: http://www.jenreviews.com/how-to-fly-a-drone/

Focus on the hand motions you need to master.
2017-1-6
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some people have no business flying anything! Those blades can cause serious injury, and you flew the drone into your son! You should gift the drone to someone who will take the time to learn to fly responsibly.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules