Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Playing MP4 video on tablet or Android phone.
12373 12 2016-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnsc
New

United States

I have recorded Phantom video in MP4 format.  I can play the download on the computer, but not on my tablet, Android phone, or Playstation.  (MP4 video recorded on phone will play on all three devices.)  How can I fix this?  Is there something non-standard about the Phantom video MP4 format?
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Videos recorded in your SD card are with higher resolution than those that cached in your device  . Your mobile devices may not able to play videos with such high solution .
2016-1-18
Use props
johnnsc
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 04:56
Videos recorded in your SD card are with higher resolution than those that cached in your device  .  ...

If that is the case, would converting to a lower resolution (dumbing down) work?
(It seems to me that many others would have encountered this problem.)
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

johnnsc Posted at 2016-1-18 23:36
If that is the case, would converting to a lower resolution (dumbing down) work?
(It seems to me t ...

Then you can just watch the cached video in your DJI Go App .
2016-1-18
Use props
Dietrich
New

China

If your recorded Phantom .mp4 video cannot  be played by your tablet or phone , then Digiber converter  will suit you well. It has preset options to let you convert for playback on a device of your choice. Give it a shot.
2016-3-24
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

On your Android devices try one of these: VLC for android, or MX player. They are both apps from play store.
2016-3-24
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

The playback issues can be caused incompatible codec or resolution. The DJI Phantom camera recorded video compressed with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec, if your phone or tablet or game consoles do not equipped the compatible codec, you will fail to play dji phantom mp4 video on your phone, tablet or game console. In addition, if your MP4 video are recorded with 4K resolution, your phone or tablet may lacks the ability to handle 4K resolution video. To smoothly play dji phantom 4k video on your device, you should be clear whether your device supports MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec and it is recommended to compress DJI Phantom 4K to 1080p for smooth playback.
2016-8-8
Use props
chris198810
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-20
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

I use MX player to playback the videos from Phantoms SD Card on my android
But MX player doesn't work perfectly on all devices
2016-10-20
Use props
Emily Harney
lvl.1

United States

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert all kinds of MP4, MKV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, MXF, MTS, MOV etc to Android phone supported video format.
2018-5-14
Use props
Charlotte Wu
New

United States

I have meet the same problem before. I used to convert the .mp4 video to the format supported by my Android  device by using Free HD Video Converter Factory. And it works. Lucky!
2018-8-10
Use props
EmilyHappy
New

Germany

Whether Android play MP4 or not depends the following element: The video and codec in the MP4 videos, the mp4 resolution, file size etc.
To fix this issue, it is better to use Avdshare Video Converter to convert MP4 to Android more supported specification.
2018-12-2
Use props
Anna Ramirez
New

Is there a better version of the video downloader aside from <a >MX Player</a>? It's been bugging me for quite some time now and it keeps on freezing when I'm already half of the download. You might know another app that I can use, I am using not so latest version of windows Laptop.
2019-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules