Camera lens wont come of P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

What is the go here , Ive got a rubber glove on and Im not slipping , I have hold of the the camera in my left hand and turning the lens cover CCW with the right hand and Im applying a lot of pressure I mean a lot and I feel like Im going to break something if I keep going and this is not budging so now what I have a bunch of Polar Pro filters I cant use .
2016-1-17
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Send me your filters! (kidding, just bought some myself today).  Have you had it off before or is this the first time? Also try and keep the pressure even all around it, if you only hold it in a couple places  it can deform the circle piece of metal making it harder to get off. Can also try placing a rubber band around it to give you a bit more grip.

2016-1-17
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

pantera989@gmai Posted at 2016-1-18 10:09
Send me your filters! (kidding, just bought some myself today).  Have you had it off before or is th ...

Its a brand new bird not flown yet just setting everything up , this cover is tight Im worried about breaking it will try the rubber band on it , then the multigrips   lol

Tried the rubber band and its not budging
2016-1-17
Use props
klinknky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106447 ft
United States

Search the forum for  "How to remove a stuck lens cover" . It shows  one of the best ways to remove the original lens cover.
2016-1-17
Use props
Gory Lori
New
Turks and Caicos Islands

RodB Posted at 2016-1-17 19:26
Its a brand new bird not flown yet just setting everything up , this cover is tight Im worried abo ...

Rod,
I had the same issue......a brand new out of the box Phantom 3 Adv and I bought a 6 pack of Polar filters. I could not for my life, get the native lens off the camera!!  I emailed the seller and they told me to buy a rubber jar opener and try it. I DID have a lens removal tool I bought for lens that are very hard to get off my digital camera, but it was too big for such a little lens like the DJI Phantom 3 ADV I have. SO I had a bowl of Wheaties and tried again and BINGO!!!!  I had enough torque that day to slowly rotate the lens off and I then put on the polarizing lens easily. Just try again or ask someone else who might be stronger. Since everyone told me it would twist off, I had to go with that. It worked.
2016-1-17
Use props
Rebal1oo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1566647 ft
United States

I used a zip tie around the cap like a rubber strap wrench.  I read about it from another forum and it worked for me.  I did add a black mark on the top of the cap so I could know when it was on tight enough later.  Also you may try using the prop wrench that came with the drone.
2016-1-17
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

The rubber band or other high-grip item works well, but remember to NOT SQUEEZE.   The harder you squeeze, the harder it will be to take off.  So use a gripping material and a soft touch!
2016-1-17
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks guys the zip tie method made it real easy .
2016-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules