What Tablets will work with the DJI P3 Pro ?
4597 34 2016-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartyR
lvl.1
Australia

As my topic says what tablets work with the PE Pro ?

Cheers Marty
2016-1-17
Use props
Voodoo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543707 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I use Cube T7 - 7", octa core, 2gb ram, retina display
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Marty
Please read the compatible device list .
iOS Version v2.5.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.5.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-1-18
Use props
MartyR
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 19:07
Hi , Marty
Please read the compatible device list .
iOS Version v2.5.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later.  ...

I find it strange when you have a devise that is 4.1.2 or later ( in my case a Pendo running 4.4 ) and it will not communicate with the software , it shouldn't matter what its installed on if its running the firmware required it should work ,,, correct ?

Gota ask this , dose the tablet have to be 3G/4G sim running on a network ?

Marty
2016-1-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MartyR Posted at 2016-1-18 19:34
I find it strange when you have a devise that is 4.1.2 or later ( in my case a Pendo running 4.4 )  ...

3G or 4G, it doesn't care. It is not essential for the tablet to have any sort of external data connection, either cellular or WiFi in order to work with the Phantom. The only things that data connections do is permit software/firmware upgrades and map availability when you are in the field. But these things are not essential in order to fly your Phantom.

However, it is important that your tablet is able to run the DJI Go app and it must be able to process and handle the return video signal from the ai8rcraft. And this is where the tablet may not be sufficiently powerful enough for the job.

You might like your tablet for many reasons, but it does not mean it is going to cut it when connected to the RC unit, and this is why DJI publish lists of tested and approved devices. THey are shown on this page: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#specs
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

MartyR Posted at 2016-1-18 16:34
I find it strange when you have a devise that is 4.1.2 or later ( in my case a Pendo running 4.4 )  ...

The devices in the list are what we've tested and worked well with DJI Go . We don't know if it will work when you are using other devices . If you are going to use the Follow Me , a mobile phone or a tablet with cellular would be necessary .
2016-1-18
Use props
MartyR
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 19:54
The devices in the list are what we've tested and worked well with DJI Go . We don't know if it wi ...

Ok so if I say get a Cube T7 ,and I didnt want to use Follow Me, as long as the ardroid is on your list it will work without the need of being hooked up to a phone network correct ?

Cheers
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

MartyR Posted at 2016-1-19 06:18
Ok so if I say get a Cube T7 ,and I didnt want to use Follow Me, as long as the ardroid is on your ...

The devices in the list work well with the DJI Go App . You don't need to connect them to network during your flight .
2016-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you want to experience the very best, from a high quality drone, perhaps having a reasonably decent quality device is preferred.
Before my Phantom 3 Pro' was delivered, I had already watched numerous YouTube videos, and read the PDF manuals more than the advised several times.
One device that was presented as being a work horse, and essentially or in my case, it being completely trouble free, that was/is the iPad Air 2 Cellular.

Since day one, I have never even had one problematic flight, or any negative issues with my Phantom 3, and iPad Air 2, significantly enough to mention.

Having a trouble free drone, is obviously a major part of that scenario. So having the best device, for an awesome drone, only makes sense.

It has been a blessing to have this kit and setup, and I wouldn't trade it for any other devices or configurations.

Hopefully which ever device you choose, will give you an equal awesome time of it. Good luck. I hope that you choose wisely. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-1-19
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

As poker has stated the apple i pad air 2 cellular is well supported and so it should be as he as stated for me its the samsung tabs 10.5 equaly as good if your prepared to tweak it a bit.
2016-1-19
Use props
abturkington
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 08:54
The devices in the list are what we've tested and worked well with DJI Go . We don't know if it wi ...

Other than the Follow Me function which requires cellular, does the tablet only need to be able to process the app?
2016-2-2
Use props
abturkington
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 08:54

Other than the Follow Me function which needs cellular, is there any other requirements the tablet needs to meet?
2016-2-2
Use props
abturkington
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Other than the Follow Me function which needs cellular, is there any other requirements the tablet needs to meet?
2016-2-2
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-19 04:05
If you want to experience the very best, from a high quality drone, perhaps having s reasonably dece ...

How does the iPad Air do in bright / direct sunlight? I use my iPhone 6, but I want a bigger screen and something that works well in sunlight.

Thanks!
2016-2-3
Use props
bnwitt
lvl.1
United States

Why is the Nvidia Shield K1 (which several DJI people are recommending here in this forum) not on the official compatible device list?
2016-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ccbiggz Posted at 2016-2-3 04:56
How does the iPad Air do in bright / direct sunlight? I use my iPhone 6, but I want a bigger scree ...

Is is reasonably decent, although, when the bright Sun star is directly over head, it's difficult to not see some reflection and obscure screen times. Best to avoid those brightest few hours mid day, or you can also use a sun shade. A forum friend made his own, out of a Mikes Hard Lemonade case. Works awesome, looks delicious. Hahaha
You can buy a quality Sun screen to place directly on your tablet face as well... ;-)
But the device, is awesome.  Hold it close to the chest, when ever needing a shady grove... Haha
Besides, most of your flight, you will be directing your eyes to the sky, not your device. Eh? Hehe

RedHotPoker

2016-2-3
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 03:54

wait wait wait...so your saying the Follow Me function doesn't work unless the tablet/phone your using as the video downlink has cellular connection, like 3G or 4G? That's something that should be mentioned on the product page...that's a big deal.
2016-3-12
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 03:54

Or do you just mean it has to have GPS? Because there's a HUUUGE difference.
2016-3-12
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-12 09:04
wait wait wait...so your saying the Follow Me function doesn't work unless the tablet/phone your u ...

I've never heard that bit of information once before, and I researched the Phantom 4 for a week straight before I purchased it(I would have researched longer, but I paid for it 7 days after they announced it) to make sure there was no funky stuff like what your saying now on this forum.
2016-3-12
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-12 07:04
wait wait wait...so your saying the Follow Me function doesn't work unless the tablet/phone your u ...

Partway correct, IOS tablets that have a GPS also have data (3g/4g).
So if you have an IOS device that's only WiFi, then you will not have Follow Me on the P4.
For Android, it's different, for instance, the NVIDIA Shield K does not have data but does have a GPS.

BUT, since you ordered the P4, it really doesn't matter because you have Active Track that you can use to follow yourself
2016-3-12
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-12 10:58
Partway correct, IOS tablets that have a GPS also have data (3g/4g).
So if you have an IOS device  ...

Thanks Ken for clearing that up for me. I'm an Android user, so I shouldn't have any issues regardless with that, but yes you are correct I did get a P4, so even if I was an Apple user without a tablet, I needn't worry Looking forward to testing it out!
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-13 22:24
Thanks Ken for clearing that up for me. I'm an Android user, so I shouldn't have any issues regard ...

You will love the P4, the app will be available on the 15th BUT possible earlier.
2016-3-13
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-13 10:58
You will love the P4, the app will be available on the 15th BUT possible earlier.

awesome, can't wait. I didn't pre-order until the 8th, so i'll have some time to be patient to receive mine, so I won't need the app before the 15th anyways
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-13 08:00
awesome, can't wait. I didn't pre-order until the 8th, so i'll have some time to be patient to rec ...

Okey dokey.
Just be careful in Sport mode, you get no obstacle avoidance and it flies like a wild banshee.
You can turn the expo down in Sport mode.
2016-3-13
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-19 17:05
If you want to experience the very best, from a high quality drone, perhaps having a reasonably dece ...

I'm equally satisfied when using either my iPad Mini 2 or the Nvidia Shield K1. Nvidia is now my go to device due to it's ability to use follow me mode because of it's built in GPS unlike my Mini 2
2016-3-13
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-13 11:04
Okey dokey.
Just be careful in Sport mode, you get no obstacle avoidance and it flies like a wild  ...

gotcha, will do. Don't worry, I don't plan on being reckless with this much money. I'm setting up my safe zone until I learn everything this baby does.
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-13 23:32
gotcha, will do. Don't worry, I don't plan on being reckless with this much money. I'm setting up  ...

Sounds good, and hopefully the manual will be up on the website soon and then study that real good too.
2016-3-13
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-13 11:54
Sounds good, and hopefully the manual will be up on the website soon and then study that real good ...

oh yea, I plan on studying that thing like my life depends on it...Obviously, being an admin, you can tell i'm a newbie here, and from my posts, can probably tell i'm new with flying drones in general. I appreciate the welcome advice and support i'm getting from the DJI people here, especially you Ken. Thanks again.
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-14 03:06
oh yea, I plan on studying that thing like my life depends on it...Obviously, being an admin, you  ...

No problem  at all and thank you for being wise and trying to study all that you can before operating the aircraft. I wish everybody would do that.
2016-3-13
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-13 15:10
No problem  at all and thank you for being wise and trying to study all that you can before opera ...

Agreed. Reckless operators are the ones that are threatening the entire drone industry(or more accurately the upcoming rules from the FAA), so there's no way i'm going to be one.
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-13 13:23
Agreed. Reckless operators are the ones that are threatening the entire drone industry(or more accu ...

Good to hear
2016-3-13
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I just got the Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation, and it says the DJI Go App is not compatible with this device. This is on your approved list of devices to use with the Phantom 4. I specifically bought this tablet JUST to use as the video downlink. How do I get the app not using Google Play?
2016-3-20
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Voodoo Posted at 2016-1-18 02:51
I use Cube T7 - 7", octa core, 2gb ram, retina display

Voodoo,

How readable is the Cube T7 in bright sunlight with the brightness turned all the way up? Any problems in using it with the Android version of the DJI GO app that you have found?
2016-4-23
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Croatia

Here is an overview of DJI confirmed devices as well as pilot confirmed devices
2016-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules