A, B, C, and D... whats the difference?
1172 13 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Sorry if this has been discussed, I did search and could not find the answer. I just purchased a "new" Inspire V1. It came to day and was shipped from China March 2015... and clearly states "B" on the box. I have not opened it, (as hard as it is to ignore).... if someone could be so nice as to let me know the differences in models and your thoughts on if I should send back. I paid $2400 which is a fairly good deal.... but it does have a year warranty when registered. Thanks for the help!
2016-1-18
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations on your new Inspire Gootch!
If my  memory serves me correctly:
Version A : Carbon fiber (prepreg) & Version B : Carbon fiber  (weave) - Two piece landing yoke
Version C : Prop guard
Version D : Quick Release Props - Y shape single piece yoke
2016-1-18
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-18 19:03
Congratulations on your new Inspire Gootch!
If my  memory serves me correctly:
Version A : Carbon fi ...

THANX nest1.. I appreciate you taking the time to help!
2016-1-18
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Just got off the phone with DJI.... after an hour or so on hold they said they could send me the $2 prop locks free for my trouble. Thinking it should go back, who knows if it has been sitting in a 120 degree warehouse all summer. I'm guessing that is not suggested battery maintenance.

2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-19 08:58
Just got off the phone with DJI.... after an hour or so on hold they said they could send me the $2  ...

hah.. yeah it's not the best battery maintenance... you have to keep it out of the aircraft in a room temperature dry place, discharged to 50-60%
2016-1-18
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

If I keep it and it has old firmware..... should I keep it??
2016-1-19
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Up to you. You got it for a good price. If everything is in working order, I would keep it. You can check battery status when you put it into the aircraft after a full charge. If its defective, send it back or ask them for a new battery.
2016-1-19
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

Yeah I would keep it, use this forum post as your proof of concern if it ever comes up.  Check the batteries as that would be the only thing I could think of that might cause a problem with sitting.  If it helps, I ordered my first Inspire 1 back in February and it was a "B" model.  Not sure when they upgraded to the "C".
2016-1-19
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Thanks guys...
2016-1-20
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

FYI, kept the drone. They gave me an additional $250 back in my pocket... that will cover the prop upgrade and a new battery. Im cool with that. Now to open the box!!
2016-1-20
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That is great news. Glad it all worked out.
2016-1-20
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Cant get the firmware on the RC to update. It came with 1.2 something. No joy in getting it to update...... Gootch is frustrated.
2016-1-20
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-20 17:00
Cant get the firmware on the RC to update. It came with 1.2 something. No joy in getting it to updat ...

Because you are at 1.2 something, you need to upgrade to 1.3 via USB.  1.3 is where DJI changed and makes all the updates from the IPAD.  Copy the 1.3 .bin file on the USB, turn on RC only for the upgrade.   You can go to the DJI website and look at the release notes and see what I am talking about.   It is under 1.3 upgrade in the Notice section.
Hopefully this will solve your problem.
2016-1-20
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-1-20 18:44
Because you are at 1.2 something, you need to upgrade to 1.3 via USB.  1.3 is where DJI changed an ...

I started a new three regarding this so I will answer there... THANX!
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules