Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dual controller setup
1800 8 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Phantom 3 Advanced/Pro uses Lightbridge Video Downlink technology to provide FPV signal, while all other versions of Phantom 3 employs WiFi transmission. Would it be possible to slave Phantom 3 Advanced remote controller to Inspire 1 Pro master controller for dual performance?
2016-1-18
Use props
sthuemmel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

It has been posted many times and on several forums the P3 RC will not work with the Inspire1
2016-1-18
Use props
dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-1-18 19:42
It has been posted many times and on several forums the P3 RC will not work with the Inspire1

Silly me, I apologize for asking such stupid question ... Thank you.
2016-1-18
Use props
sthuemmel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-1-18 22:06
Silly me, I apologize for asking such stupid question ... Thank you.

Actually, not a stupid question.  I think DJI may have made a mistake not making them compatible.  The HDMI/USB module that screws on the bottom of the RC on the P3 works on the Inspire1 and vise versa.
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-1-19 11:14
Actually, not a stupid question.  I think DJI may have made a mistake not making them compatible.  ...

No mistake made, you cannot use a Phantom RC as a slave remote because the Inspire master and slave use 5.8 to talk to each other for camera control.
2016-1-18
Use props
dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-18 21:07
No mistake made, you cannot use a Phantom RC as a slave remote because the Inspire master and slav ...

Ken, things with DJI products development are evolving so fast that nobody can track'em anymore. On one hand it is fascinating, on other often confusing. If I'm not mistaken, the concept of dual RC was implemented first with Phantoms. Was it WiFi? Can't remember ... Than much more sophisticated Lightbridge technology was implemented, notably in Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced models. What was the idea than to make the Inspire camera control protocol different? Is it any better, more reliable than previous incarnation? Is it significantly, undoubtedly better to the point that when many of us is considering adding Inspire "The Mothership" to existing fleet of beloved Phantoms, purchasing yet another set of otherwise identical RC units is a must? Please explain what is the advantage of this mysterious 5.8 system (pardon my ignorance), which made Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 controllers with Lightbridge technology incompatible.  
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-1-19 16:34
Ken, things with DJI products development are evolving so fast that nobody can track'em anymore. O ...

Dual radio setup was never for the Phantoms, only for the Inspire and it's because the camera on the Inspire rotates so DJI offered a 2nd radio setup so a second person can control the camera.
And the 5.8 is built into the Inspire remote so the slave remote can talk to the master remote to control the camera.
2016-1-19
Use props
dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-19 22:55
Dual radio setup was never for the Phantoms, only for the Inspire and it's because the camera on t ...

My mistake than, sorry for all this unintended mess ...
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-1-20 04:34
My mistake than, sorry for all this unintended mess ...

No problem, were here to help and answer questions.
2016-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules