Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mp4 problem
17345 13 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jtownley
lvl.1

Tunisia

I recorded about 600mb of video but when i put it into my Macbook (copid over directly by USB) I get the following: QuickTime Player can't open "DJI00281.MP4".

Also tried on windows 7 and I get "Loading incompleted. 1 file failed to load; The failed file is DJI00281.MP4.",

any clues what am doing wrong?

i used a new mini data card (brand new) 32gb, could this be an issue?

thanks

2015-1-1
Use props
jtownley
lvl.1

Tunisia

its a phantom vision 2+ by the way
2015-1-1
Use props
anthony
lvl.1
United States

I experienced that or something near and I believe it's because I didn't tap the iPhone video record icon to stop recording before I shut everything down.  I'm not positive the order, other than P2VP off, then controller and WiFi, but it didn't like it.  I try to stop recording before shutting off, but I don't always remember.
2015-1-1
Use props
jmims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

anthony@midmore Posted at 2015-1-2 06:27
I experienced that or something near and I believe it's because I didn't tap the iPhone video record ...

That's exactly what happened to me too, Anthony. I recorded video, but didn't press "Stop" before turning off the Phantom. I'm assuming your file is corrupt - mine was. I tried every video utility that I have on my Mac, but nothing would open it. Oh well, good excuse to fly again.
2015-1-1
Use props
MacCool
lvl.4

United States

If you don't stop the recording before you power down, the end-of-file marker doesn't get written and it will come up on your Mac as "Quicktime can't open..." or "This is not a movie file", depending on which version of Quicktime you're trying to open it with. I haven't had any luck repairing the file, even with utilities like Yodot MOV Repair.
2015-1-1
Use props
flhx2010
lvl.1

United States

It's amazing to me how many times I've not shut off the recorder before powering down the quad.  I had thought I lost some really good video of the little vacation my wife and I just returned from. My Mac kept telling me it was unable to read the SD card.  I asked for some help from this forum and got the most valuable info ever.  Stop the recording before turning off the quad.  With all that said, I was able to put the SD card back in the Phantom.  I powered it up. On the phone app I started a 5 second recording then stopped it using the app. I put the card back in the reader and the video I thought was lost forever downloaded and plays perfectly.  Making that little few seconds of video must have allowed the previous video to have a stop point placed and now Mac knows what to do with it.  I hope something like what I did can work for you as well.
2015-1-1
Use props
jtownley
lvl.1

Tunisia

many thanks gentlemen and understood, it makes sense as the battery went low during flight and it automatically returned to the ground point and now you mention it am pretty sure I did not switch off the video recording, will be more careful in future!

2015-1-3
Use props
finlayson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95331 ft
New Zealand

I have software that may be able to fix corrupted MP4 files like this:
http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/
2015-1-4
Use props
jtownley
lvl.1

France

will try thanks.
many thanks everyone really helped, will be good as now in alps on holiday after busting wrist so plenty of time to play, french authorities permitting!

jon
2015-1-5
Use props
anthony
lvl.1
United States

To follow up, I have done as described and fixed files that were previously "corrupted".  Put the card back in, remote on, range extender on, P2VP on, wait for all start up to finish, turn on the Vision app and record a couple of seconds, then stop recording, creating a new file, then reverse the process.  Proper order of shut down and I have two files, including the new, short one.  I don't know if the app and recording part of the process is needed, but I do it.
2015-1-5
Use props
slim3583.gmail
New

United States

flhx2010@icloud Posted at 2015-1-2 07:21
It's amazing to me how many times I've not shut off the recorder before powering down the quad.  I h ...

THIS WORKED FOR ME! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!  I just rebooted and calibrated my Drone and then starting taking a few pictures and a video and it worked.  I did get an error the first time on my phone saying SD Card not working correctly, but i just took it out and put it back in and it worked.  It saved my video! Thanks again
2015-2-2
Use props
djiuser_Ae6E2dje0HxQ
New

Sint Maarten

flhx2010@icloud Posted at 2015-1-1 15:21
It's amazing to me how many times I've not shut off the recorder before powering down the quad.  I had thought I lost some really good video of the little vacation my wife and I just returned from. My Mac kept telling me it was unable to read the SD card.  I asked for some help from this forum and got the most valuable info ever.  Stop the recording before turning off the quad.  With all that said, I was able to put the SD card back in the Phantom.  I powered it up. On the phone app I started a 5 second recording then stopped it using the app. I put the card back in the reader and the video I thought was lost forever downloaded and plays perfectly.  Making that little few seconds of video must have allowed the previous video to have a stop point placed and now Mac knows what to do with it.  I hope something like what I did can work for you as well.

Tried this and it worked.
2020-1-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This thread is five years old, but yes.  If you cut power to your AC before stopping the video recording, the video file will be corrupted because the EOF marker never had a chance to be written.  But the DJI FW will repair the incomplete file if you simple leave the SD card in the drone, power up the AC, give it 20 secs or so to do the repair to the file, then shut the AC down.  I think it's even in the manual.  
2020-1-15
Use props
lvl.3
United States

anthony@midmore Posted at 2015-1-5 06:45
To follow up, I have done as described and fixed files that were previously "corrupted".  Put the card back in, remote on, range extender on, P2VP on, wait for all start up to finish, turn on the Vision app and record a couple of seconds, then stop recording, creating a new file, then reverse the process.  Proper order of shut down and I have two files, including the new, short one.  I don't know if the app and recording part of the process is needed, but I do it.

that fixed the issue for me! Quick and simple fix. You're the man, anthony!
2020-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules