Carbon fiber lens protector for dji P3's
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I tried to do a search on opinions on the "carbon fiber" lens protectors that mount to the Phantom 3 landing gear.  I was un-successful.  I would appreciate any feedback on the ones that are offered.  Thank you,

Chuck

2016-1-19
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-L ... :g:A0gAAOSwYIhWlOC2

2016-1-19
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

goldchucker.wav Posted at 2016-1-19 20:53
Thank  you very much.

Chuck

The guard will fit either the Standard or Pro, Advance model's.
2016-1-20
Use props
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-1-20 04:18
The guard will fit either the Standard or Pro, Advance model's.

I ended up returning the guard as it did not fit the P 3 S without blocking the camera in the full down position.  I was told by dji that the one I received was for another dji product.  So now I'm back to square one knowing less than I did before.  LOL
2016-1-25
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

goldchucker.wav Posted at 2016-1-26 02:45
I ended up returning the guard as it did not fit the P 3 S without blocking the camera in the full  ...

That's odd because I bought 2 of those ...One for the standard and one for the pro. They both work perfectly.

Sorry, maybe the supplier sent wrong one to you.

2016-1-26
Use props
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-1-26 07:53
That's odd because I bought 2 of those ...One for the standard and one for the pro. They both work ...

Flying Poptart:

Please;  Don't apologize.  Your intentions  were honorable and you are probably right about sending the wrong item.  Stuff happens.
2016-1-26
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Just a word about the Polar Pro guard, it looks great, very sleek and everything. But I bought it, fitted it, took it off, sent it back. Why? Far too much flex. Even with just the weight of the drone pushing down (when I balanced it on a spare battery) caused it to flex upwards to within just a couple of centimetres from the camera. No protection at all for a hard landing. No good protecting the camera from a rock, when the rock pushes the guard up and it hits it instead.

My advice would be to check how rigid these things are when you try them. More than a few millimetres movement and it's likely not a good product.

Just my 10cents worth - happy (and safe) flying!
2016-1-26
Use props
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
United States

Anderjon Posted at 2016-1-26 16:23
Just a word about the Polar Pro guard, it looks great, very sleek and everything. But I bought it, f ...

Anderjon:

Your 10 cents worth may be more valuable than you give it credit for.  :-)
2016-1-26
Use props
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
United States

I finally received a carbon fiber gimbal protector designed for the dji P 3 Std..  It seems very sturdy (about .080 thick).  You should be able to find it here,   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... detailpage_o02_s00.  If this won't load for you let me know. It does come with 4 plastic ties.
2016-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules