Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recording Telemetry Data
7011 13 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible to record telemetry data? I'd love to combine it with the video that I've taken.
2015-1-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Devices like the ones from FlyTrex.com will do that and also have the added ability, depending on which unit you choose to track your Phantom in case of loss.  The have a version that logs flight information (and you download it later) and another version that uses cell carrier to track and upload flight data live; you can even have people watch as you fly.

I have the Live G3 (and love it).  I have the "Core" unit but I don't have a drone for it at the moment so it sits in a box waiting...
2015-1-1
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-2 07:14
Devices like the ones from FlyTrex.com will do that and also have the added ability, depending on wh ...

Thanks, Kenargo. That looks like a pretty involved solution (soldering, SIM card). Is there any way to capture it from the iPhone feed?
2015-1-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

There was some project over on phantompilots.com but I don't recall if it was for the iPhone; I'm doing something for Android but that won't help you in this case.
2015-1-1
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-1-2 10:00
Thanks, Kenargo. That looks like a pretty involved solution (soldering, SIM card). Is there any wa ...

I have created my own iOS app to record the telemetry info and send it through email so I can use it / analyze it later. I described that on a different thread here (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en)

This is one example of what I get so far:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/vi ... ji92ro.kL_4lkax_aAQ

If there's enough interest and I find some extra spare time, I may work more on that logging app and release it on Apple's store (as a free app). If not, maybe somebody else (or even DJI) will do it.

Once you have the data, then combining it with the video is not difficult.
2015-1-1
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ciprianboboc@gm Posted at 2015-1-2 11:55
I have created my own iOS app to record the telemetry info and send it through email so I can use  ...

Very cool, ciprianboboc! Let me know how it goes...
2015-1-1
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I simply record what the screen shows.  I use a rooted android tablet and capture the feed.

Because I am recoring what the camera sees - provided there is no signal loss I figured it might help in a recovery.
2015-1-2
Use props
petrige
lvl.1

Sweden

ciprianboboc@gm Posted at 2015-1-2 11:55
I have created my own iOS app to record the telemetry info and send it through email so I can use  ...

Great, ciprian!

I am also interested to create a more general Flight Data Recorder (android) for different uses. Could be mission evaluation, training, system debug.Actually my idea is to implement/add the recorder directly on the fly platform to access as much as possible of the internal data, not only geographical track. Even by 8 Hz recording it would not result in a big amount of data.
However I do not nothing about the SDK and the system architecture of the dji aircraft (phantom or inspire). I was not able to find description/manual.
Grateful for some suggestions for starting. For example, I just wonder, is there a list available over all telemetry parameters?

George

2015-2-28
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Try the FPV Booster app https://www.facebook.com/fpvbooster. It has three elements to it which includes a tracker recording the data which can be played back at the end of the flight.
2015-2-28
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-1-2 10:00
Thanks, Kenargo. That looks like a pretty involved solution (soldering, SIM card). Is there any wa ...

The new Flytrex Live 3G will do what you want, and they now have a new CAN-Bus cable option so no soldering. The micro-SIM was no big deal for me...just went to the AT&T store and bought one for $15, added it to my family data plan.
2015-2-28
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

petrige Posted at 2015-2-28 17:45
Great, ciprian!

I am also interested to create a more general Flight Data Recorder (android) for d ...

If you're a registered SDK user, then you can find the API documentation here:
https://dev.dji.com/api_doc (you'll have to use your account to login first)

The internal system architecture of the Phantom is private - I don't think it is an open platform (like other drones). And I'm quite sure DJI is reserving its right in changing it from time to time.
2015-3-3
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

I can vouch for FPV booster flight tracker... I love it plus I prefer the FPV booster camera and the wifi wand/ Google map showing the location and direction your phantom is pointing. Best $25 investment for the phantom. it's also stores the data on your iPhone so you don't need to download the flight information. It also plays back your flight!!!
2015-3-4
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I was looking for signal strength dbi of control signal (5.8) and dbi of FPV signal (2.4)?  Anyone know of a real time app that will track this stuff?
2015-3-27
Use props
bheliker
New

United States

ciprianboboc, I am very interested in your Logger application. I just bought a P3 and am looking for a simple app to record as much telemetry data into a CSV/xml/json as possible. I'll probably start diving into the API next week or so, but if you have a head start I could look at I'd be indebted!

Cheers,
Brett
2015-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules