DJI, will release of X5R bring X5 to working ?
1345 5 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Dear DJI people and colegue flyers,

After flying Inspire 1 for almost a year, I preordered Inspire 1 Pro... Inspire 1 was not cheap at first, but delivered, it was and still is one of most efficent semi-pro multicopters, usable for corporate video, tv productions and many other tasks... so I believed in DJI vision  and DJI announcements... But after receiving X5 on In1 Pro few months ago, there ware nothing but the major camera problems... Just to name the few:
- stutering gimbal yaw in follow mode
- unreliable and undocumented lens calibration
- custom white balance does not work in any usable way
- D-Log mode was not so good but after firmware upade got extremely mushy. and unusable (I can not find any reliable info why and how sharpening was lowered, or why this profile did not work ar least as former X3 Log profile)
- there is no any documentation on D-Log and D-Cinelike, no any official LUT for major color grading apps
and so on...
At this moment 60 Mbit bitrate is least of my concerns, as X5 simply does not deliver in professional an reliable way what was announced and listed in software... Moreover, there is no reliable and systematic info on currently confirmed bugs and workarounds, so everyone is in constandt dilemma and research... As example: after so many tests of D-Log and its mushines and softness, I just stummbled upon one post in this forum, burried deep in web of uncompetent coments, that DJI confirmed current implementation of D-Log faulty, and that Color style: None produces sharp videos... That was major revelation to me, and solved my dilemma and saved me from further frustration in futile trials and errors to figure out what am I doing wrong - as only wrong was my trying to make obviously impossible...
As someone who bought X5 with idea of upgrading to X5R later on,  I realy, realy hope that you will finish what you have started and sort everything out in next few months. May I have your oppinion will X5 get in full working order by release of X5R?
Next to question I have one suggestion:
Please organize list of known bugs as sticky topic in each forum section, with links to appropriate threads if there are workarounds or explanations... When users have clear info and can see that DJI is dedicated, then all of us will support and have patience... Otherwise we could think that we invested in a wrong tools.

PS I have owned plenty of tools in same low-budget-pro market segment such as Panasonic GH4, Sony A7s, DJI Ronin M, DJI Inspire 1as well as some top-pro tools as Sony FS7, Apple Mac Pro etc, and with NONE of them I experienced so many dilemmas and trials and errors as with X5... Please support us in solving dillemmas so we could support you in developing new products...
Best regards and keep the good work...

2016-1-19
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

A moderated list of known bugs would be really useful.  It would imply that DJI was informed and had accepted that certain bugs existed, and it could be used as a resource for new users.
2016-1-19
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-1-20 00:19
A moderated list of known bugs would be really useful.  It would imply that DJI was informed and had ...

Even in situation that certain bug is not "accepted for correction" we could learn which ones are under investigation, and which ones are there "by design"... I am aware that such communication with customers can lead to certain legal obligations in some countries, but I hope that we will not be hostages of buirocracy...
2016-1-19
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>

I agree! You said all the problems we've been through and made clear that we want answers.
2016-1-20
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

I recently went though an email exchange with DJI support regarding the color temperature issue.  I decided to report that their was a bug in the firmware for the color temperature correction a couple of weeks ago.  I got an email follow up a couple of days ago asking for pictures showing the problem.  I sent some pictures, and got a reply that the pictures showed an issue and they wanted to know what firmware I was running.  The exchange made me think that maybe they really didn't know yet that the color temperature selection was broken in the firmware despite all of the online complaints.  That is why I think a moderated list on this forum would be useful.
2016-1-21
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

I too am anxiously waiting on the listed issues to be corrected and, frankly, am starting to get irritated by lack of real support from DJI on this new product they released that is still barely usable. If the team is super busy with X5R to be able to dedicate time to X5 and are instead addressing many of listed issues within development of RAW camera I'm still willing to wait, but this leaves a bitter taste of looking at the X5 with a sorrow face. It's quite the suffering in post processing rescuing poorly encoded footage.

P.S. - would be a releaf to know some insight on how fixes are coming along, could one of admins give us a word?

2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules