1613 6 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DutchAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It seems that my GPS PRO (not plus) has stopt working after an firmware update. I have done an update and since then the GPS is not showing as connected. Also Compass calibration is failing. The LED is blinking 3x Yellow continuously.
LED: v.2.1
IMU: v.2.5
MC: v.2.6

Assistant: v1.8, I have tried downgrading to v1.4 including firmware downgrade but without any luck. (all wires are triple checked and very much secured and connected)

Please help me with this. I don't feel like paying for an GPS upgrade as the old version have never let me down untill this firmware update.

GPS

GPS
2016-1-20
Use props
DutchAerial
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Any one who can help?
2016-1-21
Use props
fromabovetx
New

United States

I having the same issue as well and this is keeping us from demoing at a major contract op.
I can see the compass, but it is telling me I need to upgrade my compass
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
1) Please check whether the GPS module is connected correctly. It should be connected to CAN1 interface on A2 main control.
2) Connect the aircraft to assistant software, set U channel in command mode with no GPS mode, if the IOC function can not be selected, then GPS module may be loose or broken. In this case, you can judge the GPS module working status by whether the IOC function can be selected or not.
2016-2-16
Use props
henrid84
New

United States

Was this issue ever solved? i have seen absolutely NO assistance from DJI on the compass issue and having to replace a Compass Pro with the Compass Pro Plus...
2016-3-31
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

henrid84@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-31 12:11
Was this issue ever solved? i have seen absolutely NO assistance from DJI on the compass issue and h ...

Have you tried the instructions that DJI-Amy posted above?   If so and didn't work I would contact DJI USA support and if they are not helpful ask for a manager / supervisor.   From my point of view if your hardware was functioning properly and an update has made it unusable they should either fix it or replace it at no charge regardless if its under warranty or not.   It is not your fault that updates are not working as they should on some units and they should take care of it.

Also, for future reference,  I know everyone likes to update things right away.  But it is a good rule of thumb to wait a good 1 to 2 months prior updating anything and checking on the forums to ensure that nobody is reporting issues with new updates.   This will save you a lot of headache!   Generally I don't do updates unless I read on the release notes and see that I will get something new with it or that it will fix major bugs.  But then again, if your gimbal is working as it should and you are having no problems why bother?   Don't try to fix something that is not broken.   

Like I said, call them directly and don't waste too much time on here.
2016-3-31
Use props
DutchAerial
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, this problem has been solved. After the firmware update DJI forced me to buy a GPS Pro Plus module.
I'm sometimes very unhappy in the way DJI just decide to change things and forces you to upgrade.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules