Phantom 3 4 K No IMU Calibration Available Out Of Box
6432 22 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sevenluv2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144140 ft
United States

OK on 1/15/16 I purchased the new 4K model. It was a rainy day here in South Florida and I could not just go out and fly so I spent some time familiarizing myself with the DJI GO app and the settings. I found the IMU calibration setting page void of any data. From what I have seen on YouTibe etc when you are on this page you will see live data of the IMU sensors. The IMU is a very important part of this aircraft and is the heart of the sensor group responsible for knowing what is a level horizon, acceleration, etc. I was concered with not only NOT seeing the live data being displayed but also not being able to check it with the left button that says Check IMU and also not being able to calibrate it with the button saying Calibrate IMU !!! This was concerning me. The following day I took it to the model aircraft area at the park and it flew just fine. Still concerned about this I returned to Drone Nerds where I had purchased it and a very nice and helpful sales guy named Robert assisted me. I asked for an exchange and with no hesitation the guy said sure lets do it. Cudos to Drone Nerds and their cool staff. Well the story gets more interesting!
While there at the store with another new P34K I unbox it and set it up and go to the IMU calibration page. Guess what NO NUMBERS! At that point both of us realized it was the way the firmware was written. So if you just bought a new 4K and you are experiencing this fear not that is the way it was released! I said to the sales guy Thank You there is no need for the exchange and happily took home my original Phantom knowing it wasnt just my unit.
I suppose maybe if I have a bumpy landing and the IMU needs to be calibrated it will tell me. But to be honest I would rather have a firmware where I can perform this calibration if I want to. I can only speculate at the reasons why DJI left it out. Maybe DJI will address this issue in the next firmware update for this model since it is so new. Its so new that when I unboxed it there was no need to update the firmware as it said it has the latest firmware installed. Im am hoping that someone from DJI will comment on this issue and let me know if future firmware will once again allow the user to update the IMU. Thanks for reading and I hope I have set someone else at ease about this issue.
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,sevenluv2
Please contact your dealer or support center about that .
2016-1-20
Use props
videos
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problems please let us know what is the solution is there is one.  Thank you
pd: it is something that can be fix with new firmeware?
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

videos Posted at 2016-1-22 10:18
I have the same problems please let us know what is the solution is there is one.  Thank you

Hi .Sorry about that. We'll get that fixed very soon .
2016-1-21
Use props
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

I finally received my 4K today and unboxed and switched it on immediately of course.
2016-1-22
Use props
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

... And now it shows me also the mentioned error about IMU cannot be calibrated. Will there be a firmware fix soon?
2016-1-22
Use props
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

... And now it also shows me this IMU calibration bug. Cannot do it. Will there be a fix soon?
2016-1-22
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

How does something like this get past quality control , do they even turn them on before its shipped out .
2016-1-22
Use props
YCL-DJI-CSP
lvl.1

United States

lukasphantom Posted at 2016-1-23 03:04
I finally received my 4K today and unboxed and switched it on immediately of course.

Everything ok with the IMU?
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

lukasphantom Posted at 2016-1-23 03:05
... And now it shows me also the mentioned error about IMU cannot be calibrated. Will there be a fir ...

They are working on it, if you do not want to wait you can send in for warranty repair.
Sorry about the issues.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RodB Posted at 2016-1-23 05:51
How does something like this get past quality control , do they even turn them on before its shipped ...

There are thousands of Phantom3 4k's being sold, it has happened to a number of people and So sorry it happened to you. It will be fixed with a firmware update ad if you don't want to wait then you can send it in for repair.
2016-1-22
Use props
sevenluv2
lvl.1
United States

Thanks guys from DJI for responding.   Am I to understand that this issue is only on some and not all new P34K?  Or is this issue on all new P34Ks?  If there is anyone reading this that has just bought a new P34K and your IMU calibration page is showing live data and is able to calibrate please post a reply thanks that way we will know if it is only some units and not all of them. I am curious to find out if a firmware will fix this or if it is actually a hardware issue. Is it possible to apply the firmware from another model or reinstall the current firmware to resolve the issue? Thanks guys and hopefully the new firmware will release soon!
2016-1-23
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

sevenluv2 Posted at 2016-1-24 07:02
Thanks guys from DJI for responding.   Am I to understand that this issue is only on some and not al ...

Hey do u have same problem with your unit? or your unit work fine?
2016-1-23
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

U not the first person that have IMU issue with the new model. i have send it back is on the way to DJI EU. there some issue with first batch was shipping. They advice me to shipping return, I have ask to change for P3 advanced let see what they can do for me? I know how u feel is crap and disappointed. Just send it back we don't know when the first firmware comes.
2016-1-23
Use props
Rambo1
lvl.1
United States

My unit is working fine. I flew it today and everything is working good. Only no ability to calibrate and no data is being displayed on the calibration page. I hope DJI puts out a firmware update before my unit actually needs to be recalibrated. Thank God all is good so far.
2016-1-24
Use props
elijah
New

United States

Same problems. It worked for awhile, but now it won't fly after I tried calibrating and it wouldn't get past 0%. Contacted DJI about a warranty repair given that I bought it a week ago and now it won't fly due to IMU issues. I need it for work this week, and I really doubt a repair will happen in that time. Disappointing.
2016-1-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

elijah@elijahkl Posted at 2016-1-25 18:19
Same problems. It worked for awhile, but now it won't fly after I tried calibrating and it wouldn't  ...

The new Firmware might just fix that
2016-1-25
Use props
YCL-DJI-CSP
lvl.1

United States

The new firmware just came out http://www.dji.com/product/phantom3-4k/info#downloads does anybody test it all ready please let us know, if the IMU issue was fixed....
thank...
2016-1-25
Use props
YCL-CSP
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-1-26 04:27
The new Firmware might just fix that

did you update it? IMU issue was fixed?
Thank You
2016-1-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

YCL-CSP Posted at 2016-1-26 17:03
did you update it? IMU issue was fixed?
Thank You

Not personally, I have the 'Phantom 3 Pro' not the 'Phantom 3 4k'. But if you read that link there are one or two who say this fixes the IMU problem. One of them also suggests that adjustment to the settings may be required.
2016-1-26
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Check your Go App there is a new firmware fixed the IMU issue.
2016-1-26
Use props
Rambo1
lvl.1
United States

OK guys yesterday went out to fly at the park and was pleasantly surprised to see an update was available! Thankfully I have AT&T on my tablet so I downloaded and installed it. My Phantom 3 4K  flies just the same as it did before and although the update outlined several issues that would be fixed it didnt mention the IMU issue. So after my test flight I went to the IMU page and was happy to see the missing numbers in the boxes. Big smile. Now I have not actually tried calibrating it yet because mine is not in need of the calibration and I did not have a level with me at the park.
Thanks DJI for addressing this worrisome issue and your quick attention in doing so. This type of care and support is what makes the difference between a good company and a bad one. Thanks DJI for being not only good but great!  IMU CALIBRATION ISSUE SOLVED  
2016-1-27
Use props
surf11east
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111188 ft
United States

6#

(DJI Announcement) There is a new Firmware Version: V1.2.10 that bacame available Jan 25thThis should fix the IMU error for those who cannot do a IMU calibration.
2016-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules