How to use the P3 Pro with Kindle Fire 7" (the cheap new $50 one)
8803 12 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devlspawn
New

United States

I had a lot of trouble getting connected, with the app only showing the option How to Connect, so since I finally got it working I decided to post here in case anyone else is having trouble. This was with the newer GL300B remote which won't allow updates via sd card, not sure if that matters.

This is very specifically the new Kindle Fire 7" (2015), the $50 one.

Steps are:
•Go to settings->Security->Enable Apps from Unknown sources
•Since DJI GO is not in the Amazon App store go to the DJI website with silk browser, under support->Phantom 3 Pro->downloads and click the link Get it on Google Play -- Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI
•It should download, click the hamburger menu, select downloads, then click DJI-GO.apk, then click install
•Start the DJI GO app and plug the Kindle into the remote
◦Important: make sure to dismiss the warning and choose never show this again when it prompts about charging on a low power source

•Unplug and plug in the cable from the Kindle 3 times
•It should then ask if you would like to use that app when plugging in this device, hit accept and you should now see the option in the GO app to connect to camera

I was never able to get it to connect to the Ipad 3, but everything looked great and smooth on the Kindle, pretty impressive for a $50 device -- plus it is the perfect size. Hope that helps someone else save the time I wasted.
2016-1-20
Use props
niftyken
New
Flight distance : 195157 ft
United States

Thank you for your report! This was super helpful, especially the tip about unplugging the Kindle Fire 3 times. Before I found this, I was standing outside wondering what was wrong and whether the Kindle Fire could even be used with the Phantom. Your directions worked perfectly and I do think I saved quite a bit of time. Thanks again!
2016-2-2
Use props
niftyken
New
Flight distance : 195157 ft
United States

niftyken Posted at 2016-2-2 20:36
Thank you for your report! This was super helpful, especially the tip about unplugging the Kindle Fi ...

Hmm, for me, it seems that every time I connect the Kindle Fire to the Phantom controller, I have to unplug and plug in the USB cable 3 times to get it to finally notice the camera. I wonder if I'm missing anything!
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's strange that a $50 KIndle fully works with the GO app. You do not have any issues with the live video?
2016-2-4
Use props
crschol7
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-5 00:44
That's strange that a $50 KIndle fully works with the GO app. You do not have any issues with the li ...

Zero issues... works perfectly..
2016-3-28
Use props
yvesvn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840879 ft

mayby stupid question
what the hell is 'hamburger menu' ????

I just got mine kindle and we in Belgium do not eat so many hamburgers ..........hi
2016-3-29
Use props
kb.oregon
lvl.1

United States

Great thread. Alternatively, if you have the capability to root the tablet, you can install the Google App store and get the DJiGo app that way. I have a P3S, so I don't need to connect the tablet to the controller via USB.
2016-3-29
Use props
khendrix2
lvl.2

Thank you so much! I just tried it and it worked for me too. I already had the app on the tablet but could never get it to work at all. You just saved me from buying another more expensive tablet. This is awesome!
2016-3-29
Use props
brian.800
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379954 ft
United Kingdom

Ive Done The DJI app, got the camera to work ,Only thing is Cant Get The Maps To come up.
ive tried through the app no luck
2016-6-19
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

brian.800@outlo Posted at 2016-6-19 23:59
Ive Done The DJI app, got the camera to work ,Only thing is Cant Get The Maps To come up.
ive tried  ...

Try to cache map on wifi, Brian.
2016-6-19
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Thanks this is wonderful work. And Ken is worried
2016-6-19
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

yvesvn@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-29 16:31
mayby stupid question
what the hell is 'hamburger menu' ????

You just made me laugh and i can't stop yvesvn!!
2016-6-19
Use props
cwong42
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3504731 ft
United States

Hi All, I am able to fly my P3A with the Kindle Fire too. Like you check how do you overcome the 90 degree offset when you are using Go app "compass" for flying direction guidance?

Many a time I am using the Go app "compass" to guide myself where my camera is facing which is also the indicator of the AC front facing. Using my iPhone 6 Plus I am able to fly the direction I want base on the Go app "compass" but with the Fire I am also 90 degreed off.

Any work around advise will be of great help. (Avoiding to spend more $ getting an iPad :-( )

Thanks
2016-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules