device holder failing
684 6 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

My gear is a bit less than a month old now, and my phone/tablet holder doesn't stay snug.  After I compress the holder to hold the phone snuggly, it slips back up 1 notch, which is loose enough that the phone falls right out.  It seemed to hold ok when it was new, but I think the teeth are wearing out.  Is this common?  Is this typical of the design, or is it worthy of warranty request?  I looked for aftermarket holders, but it seems they're all deisgned for big tablets.

2016-1-22
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

How old is your phantom/device holder.You get 1 year warranty on the remote control
2016-1-22
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

The first 11 words of his post TELLS you that his device is less than a month old !!
2016-1-22
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

flocko Posted at 2016-1-22 19:35
The first 11 words of his post TELLS you that his device is less than a month old !!

Some people don't bother to read, just react.
2016-1-22
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

Awww it ain't no big deal , I have done it before myself . It happens .

O.P.   Basically , send it in for warranty repair . As long at it shows no sign of abuse , it should be covered . Now how long will u have to fight to get it done COULD be a different story .
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rather than send it in for repair, can you make a video of it slipping and possibly they can send you another one. That's not how it usually works but if you make a video, I can give them the link Monday and see what happens.
2016-1-22
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Yo Flocko, whats it like being so flocko perfect.
I guess i missed that fact.
My remote went back for the RTH button fault. 8 days is all it took to replace it.
Its not a big job, its one screw to remove it.
Can DJI not trust an owner to remove and replace the tablet holder, without sending it back to DJI.It would be loads cheaper all round.
2016-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules