My drone fell out of the sky
8044 22 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aar607flyman
New

Ireland

Hi my drone fell out of the sky a few weeks ago the 4 motors stopped and it fell 20m out of the sky the gimbal came off and one of the legs got dammaged... I got the RMA to return it to Germany today What are the chances of the warinty covering this I got the drone on chritmas day so it is still in warinty just want to know its on my mind.. Thanks Aaron
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

They will read the DAT files and that will tell them if it was pilot error or malfunction. If it wasn't a pilot error it should be a warranty repair.
2016-1-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Hopefully you did not do a CSC in mid air!....Fingers crossed for you!.
2016-1-22
Use props
dick
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-22 19:25
Hopefully you did not do a CSC in mid air!....Fingers crossed for you!.

What is a CSC?
2016-1-22
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

CSC is the way you start,  and if not careful,  stop the motors.  There is no reason to have the sticks in csc position ( Combined Stick Command ) while flying,  but if you do you will stop the motors instantly.
2016-1-22
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

CSC is both sticks in the bottom corners.  It is used to start on the ground, and emergency stop when flying, can also be used to stop motors when on ground - I prefer holding throttle down 3 seconds to shut off motors on ground.
2016-1-22
Use props
survivor2221
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332228 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me and DJI in California paid to replace my drone and the shipping without any issues..Very pleased with support
2016-1-23
Use props
aar607flyman
New

Ireland

survivor2221 Posted at 2016-1-23 21:19
Same thing happened to me and DJI in California paid to replace my drone and the shipping without an ...

I hope they do the same for me.. I live in Ireland so the drone has to be sent to germany hopefully there as helpful as they are In America
2016-1-24
Use props
jakobfloe
lvl.1

Denmark

christopherglen Posted at 2016-1-23 07:28
CSC is both sticks in the bottom corners.  It is used to start on the ground, and emergency stop whe ...

Question... Will the motors stop in mid-air if you pull the throttle down for 3 seconds, or will this only happen on the ground?
2016-1-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

jakobfloe Posted at 2016-1-25 09:13
Question... Will the motors stop in mid-air if you pull the throttle down for 3 seconds, or will t ...

No, the motors will not stop unless the aircraft thinks it has landed.
2016-1-24
Use props
dduncan1978
lvl.1

United States

christopherglen Posted at 2016-1-23 00:28
CSC is both sticks in the bottom corners.  It is used to start on the ground, and emergency stop whe ...

This is how i stop my motors, left stick down for 3 seconds.

But good question below, how does the drone know it on the ground and not 200 feet in the air. Is this tied to the "home point" or elevations some how?

2016-1-24
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

dduncan1978 Posted at 2016-1-24 22:24
This is how i stop my motors, left stick down for 3 seconds.

But good question below, how does t ...

It stops losing altitude with the stick held down.
2016-1-24
Use props
anderson7314
lvl.1

United States

Well, it appears it happened to me today while I was practice flying at my RC field....  I have flown RC planes and helicopters for years.  Never expected the motors to shut down when I pulled bottom left on both sticks doing some aggressive flying.  Motors shut down at about 100' in the air and fell out of the sky like a rock and ended up severally damaged.  Hope DJI will repair or replace.  Not sure if I held the stick position in this place for 3 seconds or not, but if you’re in climb and reverse directions, the aircraft probably did not have time to recognize it was falling before it shut down.   Not a good emergency shut down application in my opinion, why not just install a kill switch on the transmitter instead of using the throttle control at all??? For a helicopter or drone, motor shut down is a critical issue.  Maybe even a flip cover on the kill switch like the fighter jets use on bomb releases as a second protection from accidental shut down.  Would hope they address this issue, as I would call it a software problem as the drone was definitely still in a rotation motion, but possibly not in a vertical motion.     
2016-1-24
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

anderson7314@gm Posted at 2016-1-25 07:56
Well, it appears it happened to me today while I was practice flying at my RC field....  I have flow ...

Sounds like you did a CSC mid air...too bad you could not reconstruct and do another CSC to get it to restart before it hit the ground though that would be a first!...Sounds like it is done! good luck with the warranty repair but doubtful there will be any coverage as it appears to be operator induced.....
2016-1-24
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

As I said, an emergency stop when flying.  Imagine you are flying, and a crop-duster popped up out of nowhere, and you had to get out of the way to avoid a collision.  The drone descends far to slow to be meaningful, CSC and you fall at the speed of gravity.  Yes, the drone is lost - but you didn't cause a collision with a manned aircraft.  It did exactly what it was designed to do.
2016-1-24
Use props
jfinchphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 698845 ft
United States

Mine fell out of the sky with full throttle.  Temperature was 32F (0C) when I gave it full throttle to climb.  After 20 seconds I saw a low voltage warning about the same time all four motors stopped turning.  I know someone who repairs phantoms quickly but DJI does not sell the parts he needs to fix the gimbal.  I since learned of a firmware release that addresses cold weather flying.  I asked him to send my P3P to DJI.  They should cover it if a firmware bug caused the motors to shut down.
2016-1-24
Use props
haden238
New

United States

same thing happened to me. i was flying a friends drone and bringing it back towards us when it suddenly fell from the sky (30-40 feet) and broke the gimbal. my friend ran to it and picked it up and the props were still spinning. we have no idea what could have happened.
2016-1-27
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

anderson7314@gm Posted at 2016-1-24 23:56
Well, it appears it happened to me today while I was practice flying at my RC field....  I have flow ...

Bottom left on both sticks shouldn't stop the motors...CSC is both sticks fully down & in towards each other or fully down & away from each other.  Check your flight records & if you did as you said it's a warranty claim.
2016-1-27
Use props
fans158c669b
New

All today I was flying my Matrice 210 with z30 and Xt2 camera attached. While hovering at about 250 ft I got a warning saying aircraft disconnected and then I see the 210 just falling like a rock! Obviously it is completely destroyed including the cameras, I got no battery warnings or anything. Any ideas?
2018-10-15
Use props
djiuser_zsOdBSlPLa7a
New

United Kingdom

My mavic pro just fell out of the sky too
2018-10-31
Use props
djiuser_zsOdBSlPLa7a
New

United Kingdom

I took off. Hovered just above head height of my child taking photos of him. I elevated to around 40ft and the thing just fell like a stone and broke an arm. I was surprised at how heavy it fell. Who should i contact to fix the issue?
2018-10-31
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Guys you should contact dji support via the dji go 4 app they will instruct you on what you need to do.

Can you upload your flight log and post a link to it here so we can see what may have gone wrong.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2018-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules