Poor performance version 1.6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leon.hughes
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've upgraded to version 1.6 on my Phantom 3 pro and the latest for everything else (batteries, remote, iPad app etc).  Am I the only person who's speed now seems to be severely restricted?  I'm not getting any of the vibration issues that are widely publicised.  The maximum speed I'm now getting from the thing is now 7m/s in ideal wind conditions,  the ascent and descent speed has also reduced to around half of what it was on version 1.4.  Although the machine flies OK, it has never been as stable / controllable as it was on version 1.3.  Is there anything to fix this? Has anyone else seen similar problems?

For info, my machine has the old motors and the outside temperature was around 6 decrees centigrade when I last flew.

2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just flew mine last night and got the advertised 16m/s. On the Phantom only the ascent and descent have been reduced by the latest firmware. 5m/s ascent and 3m/s descent.
2016-1-22
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Kick yourself in the ass for updating.
2016-1-22
Use props
SpeedyOG420
New

United States

You can always downgrade but then ur gonna show a error every time u fly
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SpeedyOG420 Posted at 2016-1-23 13:59
You can always downgrade but then ur gonna show a error every time u fly

It wouldn't show an error, it will just say update required but you can ignore that if you really want to stay on a lower firmware.
2016-1-22
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-22 20:31
Kick yourself in the ass for updating.

Done ...  been doing that ever since about 10 minutes after the update .

I "thought" ( stupid ME) that firmware updates were suppose to solve known issues NOT remove features that were working in the previous version ?

Also proly would not upgraded ( uses term loosely) if it were not for the ANNOYING yellow warnig in the app . Got tired of seeing it so I updated the firmware ... MAN what a mistake .     
2016-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules