3674 45 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SFGiants24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394524 ft

United States

I have the following for sale
2 barely used batteries. We're talking less than 10 charges-$100 each plus shipping
P3A in perfect condition $725 plus shipping. Comes with new carbon props, battery, more just ask

Let me know

2016-1-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Why or what are you giving up?
2016-1-22
Use props
SFGiants24
lvl.2

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-22 18:13
Why or what are you giving up?

Can't fly in my area, not because of geofence, but local laws recently passed due to knee jerk reaction.
2016-1-22
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

SFGiants24 Posted at 2016-1-22 21:33
Can't fly in my area, not because of geofence, but local laws recently passed due to knee jerk rea ...

What area do you live in? Most towns will have designated areas that you can fly in such as parks.
2016-1-22
Use props
SFGiants24
lvl.2

United States

dmcman73 Posted at 2016-1-22 18:44
What area do you live in? Most towns will have designated areas that you can fly in such as parks. ...

Exactly! They outlawed flying in all local open spaces (parks that make up a huge swath of the county.) Really great spots to fly, really the only places. They're afraid drones will hit planes, wildlife and people. We're talking thousands and thousands of acres, places where sometimes you won't even run into a single person.
2016-1-22
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

hello, i would like to buy your batteries.
thanks Jordan
2016-1-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

SFGiants24 Posted at 2016-1-23 10:56
Exactly! They outlawed flying in all local open spaces (parks that make up a huge swath of the cou ...

Sorry about the frustration and I get it...just too unfortunate...

Unfortunately too many idiots have been able to prove (or do it just because they could) they could fly in, on or over places they should not have and subsequently ruined it for the larger mass of folks that are just out to try to have some fun and take some cool videos and picts.
The public at large should not be paranoid (but the majority are) and the majority of us on here are not as we have no ill intentions however the uninformed and those over informed looking in from the outside have become experts on what we as UAV flyers could possibly do with our UAV's and those experts are now suspect of every individual doing something around them that they are uncomfortable with because they do not know any better and are reacting to what the idiots did to create this paranoia to begin with. I did not create it and it is likely you did not create it either but some idiots have created the paranoia and until the situation becomes one with which the public at large are comfortable with then we will have to live with what the new rules are and they will continue to develop until/and if ever there is a common ground/air space. This will apply to all UAV manufacturers (DJI, Yuneec, 3DR etc.) weather you or I like it or not..It will be governed/regulated/legislated etc. it may become country specific but it will happen..If you are a car manufacturer and want to sell in the United States the vehicle must have brakes, seat belts etc. etc., there will be minimum import requirements and requirements that are the same for domestic manufacturers..
For what it is worth, if I were fortunate enough to be able to have tickets to i.e., the Super Bowl, I for one (as of today) would be far more comfortable knowing some freak/idiot would not be able to fly their UAV over a stadium that could possibly cause mass hysteria or worse as it is only a matter of time before some idiot does!.

Unfortunately you are not alone and sorry that you gave up something that you were likely otherwise thoroughly enjoying on any given day while minding your own business...

2016-1-22
Use props
SpeedyOG420
New

United States

SFGiants24 Posted at 2016-1-23 10:56
Exactly! They outlawed flying in all local open spaces (parks that make up a huge swath of the cou ...

I was told if you live in the USA That the FAA is the only people who can control air space and all other city and state laws are void... FAA has some new laws tho
2016-1-22
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

But the registration process was supposed to make everything alright. Yeah right. Say thanks to all the idiots that willfully and blindly went along with their bullshit instead of fighting for their right to fly in the sky that no one owns. " Do as i say or ill steal your fuckin money and lock you in a cage".
2016-1-22
Use props
snoopy
lvl.2

United States

Paradise Valley in Arizona recently passed an drone ordinance
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/55621703-story
2016-1-22
Use props
SFGiants24
lvl.2

United States

snoopy Posted at 2016-1-22 20:55
Paradise Valley in Arizona recently passed an drone ordinance
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ariz ...

Here you go, this is where I live. Check the headline.
http://www.ebparks.org/about/new ... st-not-in-the-parks
2016-1-22
Use props
SFGiants24
lvl.2

United States

jordan_pilot Posted at 2016-1-22 18:57
hello, i would like to buy your batteries.
thanks Jordan

pm me i can't seem to pm you
2016-1-22
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

SpeedyOG420 Posted at 2016-1-22 22:08
I was told if you live in the USA That the FAA is the only people who can control air space and al ...

At one time the FAA regulated airspace above 500ft (Federal Aviation Act), now amended from the ground up, and eventually it will be outer space, a certain distance from earth.

City and State can codify/enact laws which would override the Federal regulations/law but guidelines to do so require the penalties/fines must be greater.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bet there's many places you still can fly, I wouldn't sell your equipment.
2016-1-22
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

It's funny that they are doing this for the reason of privacy. What about all the news reporters/paparazzi that will come into your yard and take pics, isn't that invasion of privacy?
2016-1-22
Use props
retired dog
lvl.2

United States

Damn tree huggers!!
2016-1-23
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

SFGiants24 Posted at 2016-1-23 00:27
Here you go, this is where I live. Check the headline.
http://www.ebparks.org/about/news/enjoy-you ...

Are there no " flying" clubs in your area ? Even if it is RC plane / heli organization ? Sometimes they can help direct . Maybe I am off base but hate to see you sell off a wonderful hobby  
2016-1-23
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why dont you research the problem and consult with other drone owners there maybe class action you can form to change the rules.
2016-1-23
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

There is a model airstrip in Livermore, just north of 580, and east of the Altamont pass.
2016-1-23
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-23 17:55
... That's kind of like saying your NEVER going to speed again "break the law" ... And if you are, . ...

I'd be inclined to agree...depending on the likely penalties.  If the fines aren't too high I'd treat it as a licence fee which you may never have to pay.  You just need to manage the risk.
2016-1-23
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-23 19:48
Only the FAA can control the skies.  Local ordinances do not trump federal law.

So, does that mean it's unenforceable?
2016-1-23
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-23 19:50
in a court of law.. yes.  Problem is, defending yourself costs $$$

Crazy American justice system!  How can anyone prosecute if the law's not valid?

Looking at the link, it says it'd cost about $300, which is worth the risk if planned carefully IMO
2016-1-23
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-23 19:57
They pass all types of illegal laws in the U.S.... our government is a disaster.  You see, the pro ...

Scary stuff huh
2016-1-23
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

SFGiants24 Posted at 2016-1-23 13:31
pm me i can't seem to pm you

im a newbie, i dont know how to pm....
email maybe?
2016-1-23
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Contact me. I will make you a very good offer.
What do you have other than batteries, drone, and props?
If you still have everything.

Mike
2016-1-23
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-23 14:48
only the FAA has jurisdiction over the sky AGL.  period.  Your city trying to pass a law saying you ...

"only the FAA has jurisdiction over the sky AGL.  period.  Your city trying to pass a law saying you can't fly your drone, is like saying if you got your pilots license, you couldn't fly your plane here, and there.... bull honkey."

Look at this another way...

It is established law that we (the people) own some of the airspace over our private property. (Causby case and others). No need to get into a debate as to how much of that space is our own to "control" (1 inch, 1 foot, 10 feet, 100 feet), but I think most would agree a property owner can and should have *some* ownership of the airspace on their property.

Take that concept one step further. If the "town" owns the park, shouldn't they have a similar amount of control over that airspace?

I am completely against these ridiculous drone bans. But I am also careful what I wish for. I think the FAA is over-reaching at the moment. The federal government tends to overreach. The feds like a "one size fits all" solution that works for _them_. Those same rules many NOT work at a local level.

What if the FAA decided to allow jet liners to fly 500 feet above your park? Wouldn't you want your local government to fight that? What about the FAA allowing aircraft to fly 100 ft above your home? If you cede all control of every inch above ground level to the feds/FAA, you believe they have the "right' to do that.

When/if the FAA does try to assert their alleged "control" over ALL airspace, there is going to be an all out war in the courts between towns/counties/states and the feds. I don't like the regs that the FAA OR the locals are putting out (they all suck) - but I am more worried about the repercussions of the FAA actually asserting control of ALL airspace from the ground up. As crazy as it sounds, that would give them the ability to regulate every paper airplane and every baseball, etc.

While I don't expect them to regulate items like that, I do chafe at the idea that they could and it is only by their "good will" that such items are exempt from such regulation. It becomes like the 55mph speed limit that really isn't enforced until you are <60-65mph. Then you get that one cop who gives you a ticket for 58mph.
2016-1-23
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

I'm in Concord sorry to hear your selling your gear
2016-1-23
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

Flyin&#39;Bryan Posted at 2016-1-23 21:15
I'm not really worried about any of it... I do what I want, using enough common sense, to not enda ...

" And no, the local government doesn't own those parks, you do.., your tax dollars., those parks are for public enjoyment., like flying your drone!!"

I'm with you. My point was more about the danger of ceding local control to receive federal control. The results are not always as rosy as people would like to think.

I'm a big fan of personal freedom and responsibility. I don't think the feds or the local should be enacting unnecessary knee-jerk rules.

Without getting into the semantics of it, sure "we" own the parks. However, we also elect representatives to manage that park space for us. Not everyone can (or should) be allowed to do anything they want at any time in a park. You can't bring in heavy machinery to dig a gold mine and I can't build a structure to act as my home or business... because we _all_ own the park and our elected management has rules against those activities.

I agree that local bans on drones are wrong - for the same reasons you do. I also believe it is preferable to have to fight these rules at the local level than to have the FAA enact a sweeping "one size fits all" rule for the entire country. I find it easier to petition my local park manager on an issue than to write to the FAA in DC to get the rules changed for my local park.

I also believe that this issue has long-term legal consequences for states rights. If the Federal Government has the authority to control and regulate the airspace one-inch above the ground in that park - or your private property - what's to stop them from taking control away from the states and your local government for the ground itself?

I see the benefit for one body regulating the "national airspace." A patchwork of rules doesn't make sense. However, we are talking about low altitude drone flights here. I do not agree with the assertion that the FAA has the right or authority to regulate every inch of air above ground level - regardless of what the FAA claims. IF regulation is necessary (and I don't believe it is, certainly not to the levels being discussed) then this low level of airspace should be managed by the owners of that space - be it a private or public entity (with the public entity having a greater burden to prove the need for regulation to its constituents).
2016-1-24
Use props
retiredat47
lvl.1

United States

Flyin&#39;Bryan Posted at 2016-1-24 10:15
I'm not really worried about any of it... I do what I want, using enough common sense, to not enda ...

I agree with what you say. I think however a person would have a little firmer ground to stand on if they are flying on say on their own property that is within the banned area. After all it is their property/airspace. Here in CO, like the rest of the country, they have a number of city/county/state park regulations and they are enforceable. Some are like can't let a dog off a leash, no dogs at all, no skateboarding, no smoking, etc. Everyone that I know that challenged them ended up losing. I live 25 miles outside the city on acreage so I'm not worried. At least not yet. But I totally agree with what you say.
2016-1-25
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

What we really need, is someone who is willing to put up the $300.00. I think we as a community could do that....

so here is what we do. we call the cops. have them meet the lucky person out at some east bay park. have the officer sit there as you set up your drone. take off, and hover about 10 feet in the air. then say Officer, please issue me a ticket for flying my drone in a park according to the regulation"  ensure you film the whole event.

then take that to court, asking the JUDGES and a jury to determine what if anything, we were doing to endanger any other person, or aircraft. Get a Not guilty verdict on the case. now we have case law on our side to tell every other cope to just "Have a Nice day"

but someone has to be willing to take the first step. I live on the east coast so I cannot do it in your area, but I have already done it here. Case was thrown out but the government is appealing. I have had a lot of fun with this one. I was flying and filming an emergency response, and it pissed off a local cop. Judge told the police to Go to H.... I was actually a little taken back with what he actually said, and had to not Break out in court. that would have been unprofessional.

again, you have to be willing to stand up. Just like the guy who moved to washing DC to challenge them on their GUN laws here in the US. He Pissed off all of the cops, but he won the case. Now you can own a gun in DC. he is currently going after them for several other things on gun ownership. I know its not the same thing as Drones, but the masses are trying to use the same slash and burn techniques to control us as they do to GUN ownership.

NOW DONT BE A HATER, I am not taking sides on gun ownership. this is nether the time or place for that. I am just trying to point out the similarities on the regulation and enforcement aspects of this.

Fly safe, but lets push back the forces of ignorance.
2016-1-25
Use props
cdugger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

San Francisco.... why am I not surprised.   I agree this should be challenged.  Just disenfranchised a whole bunch of taxpayers.

Chris     
2016-1-25
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

To Flyin'Bryan and others who can help.  I think it would be awesome for us to have a nice document that outlines what and what not local cities can claim as banned or illegal when it comes to going against the FAA.  If some city says it is illegal and gives you a fine, you would have a slew of paperwork already in hand to fight in court avoiding some lawyers to change you a ton to gather the information.
Also, maybe when cities are found to do this, to flood them with complaints to the FAA about their abuse of power.

Just an idea, but looks like we need to get more power on our side to fight these idiots.
2016-1-25
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

It is going to be on a State by State basis, dependent upon whether or not each State has preemption legislation which prohibit governing bodies from enforcing more restrictive regulation than that imposed by the State and/or FAA. In general, States can enact laws and regulations which are MORE restrictive of Federal Law/Regulation, but not less (IN GENERAL, as this caveat has been skewed a LOT recently by cases regarding firearms and marijuana) . If the State has a preemption statute addressing airspace, then local governing bodies cannot legally enact restrictions beyond whatever the State has in place (almost always FAA guidelines these days).
2016-1-25
Use props
alexm42
lvl.2

United States

For anyone reading the thread, California residents:

-Can't fly in California state parks
-Can't fly in National parks
-Can't fly in many county parks

There are at least several comments from people saying "oh there's lots of places you can fly." It's quite challenging when you actually look into it.

I am seriously concerned that I will be forced to sell my Phantom due to a lack of flying sites. I need to drive at least an hour to fly legit, that's too much for me.
2016-1-25
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

Flyin&#39;Bryan Posted at 2016-1-25 12:50
Of course they lost because all of those things are on the ground the city can regulate the land t ...

"Of course they lost because all of those things are on the ground the city can regulate the land they don't regulate airspace"

I usually follow what you are saying and actually agree most times. I am having trouble following your logic on this one.

Based on this comment, you acknowledge your state/county/local government to make and enforce rules for state/county/local parks (public land, that "we" own). You might also realize that many of these park rules and ordinances are not made by the actual elected officials, but by their appointed bureaucrats in the "parks" department (usually an "agency" of the executive branch).

On the other side, you do not recognize the FAA's authority to regulate airspace, because they are  appointed bureaucrats in an "agency" of the executive branch (Federal). Even though Congress delegated them that power.

So who does, in your opinion, have the authority to regulate airspace? If that group is not currently regulating it, does that mean anyone can do anything they want at any altitude because no legal rules exist? Does that mean this body has exclusive rights to regulate all airspace from the ground up?

Just trying to understand where you are coming from as this "ground" comment *seems* to contradict some prior statement you have made.
2016-1-25
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

alexm42 Posted at 2016-1-25 14:44
For anyone reading the thread, California residents:

"For anyone reading the thread, California residents:

-Can't fly in National parks
-Can't fly in many county parks"

Welcome to Long Island, NY. Pretty much the same here.
2016-1-25
Use props
Samadams467
lvl.2

United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-23 11:27
But the registration process was supposed to make everything alright. Yeah right. Say thanks to all  ...

Well as much as I disagree with the FAA and their policies... Federal airspace is a big deal especially since we have a bunch of idiots flying these things. Also as a Commercial operator be thankful that you don't have to have a pilots license like me.
2016-1-25
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-25 21:07
I never said that I didn't think the FAA couldn't regulate air-space., quite the contrary., they d ...

Okay, that makes sense. I agree that the FAA does not have the authority to regulate hobby model aircraft based on that 2012 law.

Since you agree, however, that the FAA does have the authority to regulate airspace, do you agree with their assertion that this authority begins at ground level? If so, that would actually give them authority to regulate anything that operates in the airspace - including model aircraft, paper plane and baseballs. The DOT does not have the authority to regulate horses, but they DO have the authority to ban horses from the interstate and impose fines for anyone violating that rule.

If not, then who does have the ability to regulate that airspace from the ground to whatever altitude? If no one, then I would have full use to fly whatever I want 6 inches off the ground in your yard. If you believe the property owner "owns" that space, we are back to the beginning where the management of a public space/park has the authority to regulate that airspace.

Bottom line is someone has to own/control the space, otherwise it is anarchy. Do you believe it is the FAA, property owner or no one at all (making it a free-for-all)?
2016-1-26
Use props
RC Noob
lvl.2

United States

I fly at my RC club.   Find one in your area - most clubs are happy to have new members including drone flyers.  
2016-1-26
Use props
pfalcon
lvl.2

United States

Flyin&#39;Bryan Posted at 2016-1-25 12:50
Of course they lost because all of those things are on the ground the city can regulate the land t ...

But you, the flyer of the aircraft are on the ground and within their property.  And thus, they CAN tell you what you can and cannot do while you are standing on their property.
2016-1-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules