Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Panning amd tilting the camera
4792 12 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jasonfenwrick
New

United States

My first post on here. I ran out of places to look on DJI's site and app for help.
So, somehow I haven't been able to find or figure out how to move the camera when in flight. Apparently it's so simple it wasnt included in the limited instructions. Once I have the drone linked to the controller before takeoff, I can pan it with the right stick. Once airborne, I haven't a clue on how to move it. Thanks for any help you have.
2016-1-22
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

You pan the camera by turning the drone.  That is the only pan,  even though the gimbal does swivel slightly.  The tilt is controlled by the wheel on the top left of the controller.

Be sure you have removed the clear plastic gimbal protector from the camera,  as well as the small Styrofoam block  that prevents the camera from moving during shipping.  With all that off and the Phantom turned off,  you should be able to tilt the camera very gently by hand from pointing full down to slightly above 90 degrees up.  The same gentle force should let you pan it a few degrees either way.  That is the full range of motion available.  Be sure the power is OFF if you test this.  Probably best to remove the battery.   In flight,  the Phantom's gimbal uses its motors and this range of motion to stabilize the camera.  So you control the tilt with the wheel,  but the camera always points straight ahead.  You use the left stick to turn the drone left or right,  thereby turning the camera.  

2016-1-22
Use props
jasonfenwrick
New

United States

Thanks for the reply and info. I had been trying evey button and menu on the app. I haven't been overly impressed with the instructions. It's so easy and great to fly. But not a fan of everything being online or the app. Thanks again for the help.
2016-1-22
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

Left stick, left or right to pan.

Wheel on top side - left side of controller, by antenna - up and down.  button on back left side (usually - programmable) to flick fast between front and bottom.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You tilt the camera with the wheel on the top left side of the RC or press your finger on the app and a blue circle will appear and move your finger up or down on the screen.
There is no pan except for making the aircraft yaw.
In the academy section of the app theres a full PDF manual and a bunch of tutorial videos you should watch and theres also a flight simulator.
2016-1-22
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jasonfenwrick@g Posted at 2016-1-23 15:22
Thanks for the reply and info. I had been trying evey button and menu on the app. I haven't been ove ...

"It wasnt included in the limited instructions.
I haven't been overly impressed with the instructions."

It sounds like you haven't got your hands on the manual yet.
Go to www.dji.com and click on Phantom .. find your model and go to downloads and download your manual and read it.
2016-1-23
Use props
jasonfenwrick
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-22 23:41
You tilt the camera with the wheel on the top left side of the RC or press your finger on the app an ...

Thanks. I've watched everything I can find on the site. Never found anything on moving the camera there or the camera section of the pdf.
I have been very happy with the physical product, but all the resources being online on a hard to navigate site hasn't made it a enjoyable experience as of yet.
2016-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-23 20:42
"It wasnt included in the limited instructions.
I haven't been overly impressed with the instruct ...

In the Academy page of the app theres a very detailed PDF of the user manual.
2016-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jasonfenwrick@g Posted at 2016-1-24 02:09
Thanks. I've watched everything I can find on the site. Never found anything on moving the camera  ...

Have you watched the tutorial videos in your app? There is a lot more on YouTube, just search DJI tutorials.
2016-1-23
Use props
jasonfenwrick
New

United States

jasonfenwrick@g Posted at 2016-1-23 10:22
Thanks for all the info. I had gone through the 59 page pdf, but hadn't been able to find the c

So next question
How do I edit a post so I can finish typing?
2016-1-23
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jasonfenwrick@g Posted at 2016-1-24 05:26
So next question
How do I edit a post so I can finish typing?

Look down the bottom of your post ... towards the right and you'll find the edit icon
2016-1-23
Use props
jasonfenwrick
New

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-23 16:58
Look down the bottom of your post ... towards the right and you'll find the edit icon

I was on my phone and edit doesn't appear when posting from mobile.
2016-1-23
Use props
chartercable
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109334 ft
United States

my App is not losing flight information for my Mavic, suggestions?
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules