New user.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kebabandchips.y
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hi, my name is Simon, I'm from Wolverhampton England and I'm on the verge of purchasing my first drone, a Phanton 3 standard.. Thought I'd come here to ask a few questions first. Hopefully you guys won't mind answering a few questions I have?
Firstly,

How long do the batteries take to charge?
Is there a system to charge them in cars, and how long does this charge take?
What batteries does the controller use?
At a later date can the camera on the standard be upgraded to UHD, and how much is this upgrade?

Thanks in advance..
2016-1-23
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

The Advanced is still on anniversary sale yes?
If so GO for that one
There's a huge risk of getting seriously bitten by The Drone Bug and you will have a hard time finding a better deal!
If by a slim chance you don't get infected you can always sell it when the sale is over
2016-1-23
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You can buy a cheap inverter from Maplin & use the charger that comes with it in the car.  Works fine.

Also, I'd get the Advanced for sure.  The range alone is worth it, especially with the UK CE spec.  Not sure the pro is worth the extra, although you can get decent sized frame grabs from 4K video.
2016-1-23
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

On my standard it takes 1.5 hours to charge the battery.  As nigel said a cheap inverter would work well.  
2016-1-23
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yeah, I did look at the advanced. But it's an extra £250 that my missus will disapprove of me spending... Not that she's the boss of me..

Don't tell her I said that though please..

I'll probably go for the standard as the videos I've seen on YouTube look pretty good quality anyway,  and if it turns out I'm rubbish at flying it won't be too much of a loss..

Thanks for the answers guys.. Really can't wait to get my hands on it, although it's been raining solid here for what seems like 3 years..
2016-1-24
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

WolvesSi Posted at 2016-1-24 15:49
Yeah, I did look at the advanced. But it's an extra £250 that my missus will disapprove of me spend ...

I have a Standard, and love it.

Unless you need to fly very long distances (more than 1.2KM), or take professional photos/videos,  the Standard is a great machine.

My battery takes about an hour to fully charge.

Sid
2016-1-24
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you will be happy with the Standard.  
2016-1-24
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ordered the standard today... Why is it not here already??? Why don't DJI use drones to deliver drones???
2016-1-26
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

The battery takes 1,5 hours to charge as said before.
My advice: don't charge it on the car unless you're sure you will do the full charge (1.5 hours) otherwise, you're just exposing the battery to extra stress/cicles due to half charging.
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules