Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help with Phantom 3 crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petdcat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1650 ft
Thailand

I stopped concentrating for just a second and I crashed into a tree top. It dropped about 15 feet and the camera popped off. Ordered a new ribbon cable and after installing when I went to power up all I herd was a ver fast beeping. No LED's, no power up sequence, just a rapid beep. Pulled the shell off and discoverd 2 issues. First the component in the first shot,one side came off the pcb board and had to be resoldered on. Second was the component in the center was also partially disloged and upon closer inspection I noticed one side was partially warped. I guess alot of heat was generated and maybe fried it? Put it all back together and still the same rapid beeping. At this stage I am leaving the camera off to try and isolate the problem. Not sure what those components are and where to go from here. Any suggestions would be greately appreciated. Thanks

damage 1.jpg
Damage 4.jpg
damage 2.jpg
2016-1-23
Use props
Neary Aerial
New

United States

We cover all Phantoms and Inspires, as well as Blade, Walkera, Yuneec, and 3DR. https://neary-aerial.com
2016-1-27
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

That thing in the middle with the cover knocked off,  I'm pretty sure that is the imu module.  Sometimes in a crash that can get stuck.  Are you able to connect to the craft with the app?
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about your crash.
I would say, it needs to be sent in for repair.
2016-1-27
Use props
petdcat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1650 ft
Thailand

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-28 12:27
That thing in the middle with the cover knocked off,  I'm pretty sure that is the imu module.  Somet ...

Thanks for the reply,  no I cannot connect with the app
2016-1-28
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

That is bad.  Sorry,  not much I can offer.  Prolly need Dji Repair.
2016-1-28
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You really should take the battery out before removing the cover, otherwise you risk causing more damage by accidentally shorting things out.  Yes, the battery is switched off, but as it crashed it could also be damaged.  You should send it in to DJI.
2016-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules