Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Firmware 1.5.2.00 Install Guide & Support Thread
12Next >
7325 48 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InstallFeature1.5.2.jpg
DJI Osmo Firmware 1.5.2.00 Install Guide & Support Thread

Today DJI have released firmware version 1.5.2.00 for the DJI Osmo. This post will help you install it and also provide a source of help if you need it.

NOTE: You must be running GO App version 2.7 ( IOS and Android ) to make full use of this firmware.

UPDATE 1.

I have held off this update thinking it would be resolved but it seems DJI have ballsed something up and the App is not prompting for the update for most people. So this kind of throws my suggestion of using the GO App as a preferred method to update out of the windows. So, if you are not getting the prompt to update in the latest App, don't keep trying just give up ( I know you are brought up to never give up but in this case please do ) and use the SD card method below.

What's New.
1: Add “Mute Fan” option in camera Setting->Audio Control->Mute Fan. (You should scroll down the menu list to find it) The fan will be stopped during video recording, while it will start again automatically if the camera is too hot. It will also resume when you stop recording. NOTE: Latest GO App Required.
2: Add Digital Zoom feature ( x2 ), you can use two fingers to zoom on the screen (except for 4K and Slow motion video ). NOTE: Latest GO App Required.
3: Add Portrait option in camera Color setting. NOTE: Latest GO App Required.
4: Hold the shooting button on Osmo you can trigger continuous shooting. NOTE: Latest GO App Required.
5: Added button combination to disable/enable WiFi on the Osmo ( will aid battery conservation when setting up scenes or just when you dont want to use a mobile device ).
6: Added Gimbal 2-axis control ( Pan and Tilt the camera at the same time using the Osmo's joystick ).
7: Single video recordings in high temperatures are capped at 30 minutes to ensure video quality.

Optimization.

1: Lower the power consumption of Osmo to increase the using time.
2: Always show the latest captured photo when doing timelapse.
3: Optimize the D-Log & D-Cinelike Color option.
4: Optimize the Audio Volume Control gain.
5: Fix the issue that audio might be lost occasionally when recording video with low speed SD card.
6: Fix the issue that Osmo will shoot two photos in the same angle sometimes in when shooting Pano.
7: Auto save the gimbal “Calibrate Horizon” value after power cycle.
8: Optimize the firmware upgrading process. Made it less likely to fail.
9: Removed possibility of two or more devices connecting to the Osmo.
10: Optimized Gimbal drift when taking time-lapse video.
11: Optimized the issue of Gimbal drifting at rest.
12: Video downlink optimized for enhanced live streaming.
13: Downloading of videos and photos to mobile devices now three times faster.
14: Audio data loss when using some Micro SD cards under class-10 or UHS-1 fixed.
15: Double capture of the same shot when shooting panorama fixed.
16: Gimbal drifting reduced.
17: Joystick control optimized.
18: Horizontal calibration data saves automatically after powering off.

Upgrade Notes.
1: Make sure the DJI Osmo has at least 50% battery before attempting the update. The Osmo will prompt you it cannot continue with the update is the battery is below 50%.
20160207_100456000_iOSb.png
2: Make sure the mobile device has sufficient battery remaining ( 50% ).
3: Make sure, especially when using the GO App update method, that the Osmo has an SD card inserted or you will encounter an error as below.
NoSD.png
4: Keep the gimbal in the locked position for updates and place the Osmo down on a secure surface.
5: Once the update starts, and the camera light is flashing RED, DO NOT power off the Osmo until it completes.
6: After upgrading perform an Auto Calibration of the gimbal.

Updating the firmware is easy. You have two options. The DJI Go App method and the .BIN file on the SD card method.

The GO App Update ( preferred method ).
1:
Power on the Osmo, Start the DJI GO App. You get prompted that a new update is available in the GO App when you open it ( need to have Internet ).
2: Download the firmware following the direction form the app.
3: With the Osmo gimbal LOCKED, connect the mobile device to it's SSID.
4: Start the update process from the Go App, takes about 10 to 20 minutes.
5: When the update finishes successfully you will hear the D-DD beeps and the DJI Go App will indicate success and prompt you to restart the Osmo. The Camera status light will also turn a SOLID GREEN ( left hand side light ).
6: Restart the Osmo ( and app if it does not refresh the update successful page ).

The below video is a visual guide on updating via the GO App ( sequences have been shortened ).

INFO: If the firmware update fails, the sound produced by the Osmo will be a D-D-D-D beep. Try the update again. Leave it to go for longer as its likely you turned it off too early.

The DJI Go App should show firmware version 1.5.2.00 after the Update is successful ( if it says Unknown or something else, ignore it as long as the version numbers are correct for the various modules ).
20160317_204248000_iOS.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The .BIN file on the SD card method should be a last case option if the App method does not work.

SD Card Update Method
1: Download the latest firmware for the osmo from DJI's site - http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2: Extract the downloaded file ( name file here ) and copy the OSMO_FW_V01.05.02.00.bin file to your SD card.
3: With the OSMO powered OFF and the gimbal LOCKED, put the SD card in the camera and power ON the Osmo
4: The Osmo will start to update automatically. Can take between 10 and 20 minutes.
5: Wait for the Osmo Camera Status light to change into a SOLID GREEN and you hear the D-DD beep.

6: Power the OSMO OFF and back ON and check it connects to the DJI Go App.

INFO: If the firmware update fails, the sound produced by the Osmo will be a D-D-D-D beep. Try the update again. Leave it to go for longer as its likely you turned it off too early.

The DJI Go App should show firmware version 1.5.2.00 after the Update is successful ( if it says Unknown or something else, ignore it as long as the version numbers are correct for the various modules ).
20160317_204248000_iOS.png

After installing the firmware you will have two log files generated on the SD card. These two files will convey the results of the firmware update process.

Check the install logs.
Log file OSMO_FW_RESULT_AB.txt in hidden folder on SD ( MISC/LOG ). ( RED is previous version BLUE is new version and GREEN is unchanged version )

Packet [C:\OSMO_FW_V99.99.99.99.bin]
Version checking[2]...
[01 00][05] v2.54.4714 -> v2.63.4998
[01 01][00] v2.48.4521 -> v2.63.4998
[04 00][00] v1.29.0.63 -> v1.29.0.91
[09 00][00] v0.0.0.73 -> v0.0.0.78
[08 00][00] v2.14.9.37 -> v2.14.9.42
[07 00][00] v1.0.9.40 -> v1.0.9.48
Done.

Log file OSMO_FW_LOG_AB.txt in the root of the SD card.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V######.bin
Result: Success.

You can also confirm these firmware versions using the DJI GO App. Connect to the Osmo and in the App select Settings ( gear Icon )>General>About>Firmware

New Features Demo Video.

Below is a demo video I made showing the various new features available with this new firmware.

Support.
If you experience any problems during the firmware update, please post details below ( including the log file results if available ) and I or another members will try and assist you.

This guide is provided to you by www.osmo-guide.co.uk

2016-3-17
Use props
ari_za
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thanks for the guide! The videos are private at the moment however
2016-3-17
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>

Video says it's PRIVATE

Jack
2016-3-17
Use props
sploodge
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry, sorted now.. I hope
2016-3-17
Use props
ari_za
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Africa

sploodge Posted at 2016-3-17 17:46

Thanks for going to the effort. Much appreciated. hopefully the horizon tilt issues have been improved in this firmware! there is still a bit of gimbal creep in the video but i'm sure it's better than before!
2016-3-17
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>

sploodge Posted at 2016-3-17 23:46

Sploodge
I do not get the New Firmware update available when I do as you said turn on Osmo connect Osmo WiFi and open DJI GO---

Also tried turn on Osmo open App while connected to my WiFI still no Update/New Firmware available message..

What do I do?

Also the upgrade instructions from DJI say nothing about keeping the gimbal locked!

Thanks

Jack
2016-3-17
Use props
Khyber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 373842 ft
United States

is this able to be updated with the x5?
2016-3-17
Use props
tkramwinkel
lvl.1

Germany

How can i enable the free joystick mode? it doesn't work on my osmo. All other new stuff is working. edit: reinstalled the app, now it works
2016-3-17
Use props
simler
lvl.3
Canada

I have the same issue just like I did on the last update. I do not get "NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE" prompt even though I have the latest updated DJI GO App. They seem to not have addressed this issue still???? Any suggestions
2016-3-17
Use props
simler
lvl.3

I managed to do the update through the SD card and it worked.All functions seem to be working EXCEPT THE PAN TILT improvement. They still can not be performed at the same time after the upgrade. I have tried reinstalling the APP and still no luck. I can still pan and tilt but not together as the update promised?? DJI please respond.
2016-3-17
Use props
patrickem
lvl.1

United States

App does not prompt to update firmware.
2016-3-17
Use props
Khyber
lvl.1
United States

with x5.  update will not come up on app and with sd card, it will not start.  It has no clue a .bin file is on the sd card.
2016-3-17
Use props
sploodge
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, for those having issues getting PAN/TILT to work at the same time with the joystick here is the fix, hop DJI would have made it clearer

In the APP go to Settings>Gimbal and enable "Free" mode under "Joystick control direction". Enjoy
20160317_204213000_iOS.png
2016-3-17
Use props
simler
lvl.3

thanks that worked but I still can't pan in flashlight mode or was it designed to do that?I can tilt but not pan. I thought before the update that I could do both in flashlight mode?? Please clarify
2016-3-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

sploodge Posted at 2016-3-17 23:46

Outstanding! DJI should hire you. You are an asset to the forum, as well as the other boards you post on. Thanks for sharing
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

We're appreciated with your effort and sharing! @sploodge
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simler Posted at 2016-3-18 06:25
thanks that worked but I still can't pan in flashlight mode or was it designed to do that?I can tilt ...

Please check the answer in your post "Cant PAN in Flashlight Mode!!"

2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Khyber Posted at 2016-3-18 04:11
with x5.  update will not come up on app and with sd card, it will not start.  It has no clue a .bin ...

X5 is not compatible with the handle without the adpator, please wait for the release of the X5 adaptor.
This latest firmware version has helped to improve lots of issues in the v1.4.1.80
Look forward to your further feedback about this latest version. Thanks!
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simler Posted at 2016-3-18 03:54
I managed to do the update through the SD card and it worked.All functions seem to be working EXCEPT ...

Hi,
Please refer to ''sploodge's" reply at 13#
2016-3-17
Use props
pi-inthesky
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent post once again sploodge 5*****
2016-3-18
Use props
rj74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Morocco

jackiedh Posted at 2016-3-17 16:51
Sploodge
I do not get the New Firmware update available when I do as you said turn on Osmo connec ...

DJI does say in their update guide to lock gimbal and lay Osmo flat
2016-3-18
Use props
rj74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Morocco

Thanks for the info and your work on Osmo-guide.co.uk

New firmware seems good. Colour profiles much improved and corrected the issue of horizon sometimes not level.

I updated using sd card. There was no via app option.
2016-3-18
Use props
Khyber
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-18 03:33
X5 is not compatible with the handle without the adpator, please wait for the release of the X5 ad ...

wait on dji? HAHA no way... been using x5 on osmo. dji's loss.
2016-3-18
Use props
ari_za
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Africa

FYI to new OSMO owners. Just received my OSMO with 1.0.1.19 out the box.

Tried to update straight to 1.5.2.00 and it failed. I did everything by the book. I had to first go to 1.4.1.80 which successfully installed, and then go to 1.5.2.00 from there which worked.

Just in case anyone experiences the same problem as me.
2016-3-18
Use props
jrclark32
New

patrickem Posted at 2016-3-18 03:58
App does not prompt to update firmware.

I'm also not receiving any prompt to update the firmware via the app.  Is there a fix for this??
2016-3-19
Use props
thgrab
lvl.1

Hey sploodge,
When using the Link http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads to download the file from my desktop computer I only get the old  version 1.4.1.80 .
On the iPad there will be the new one. But the problem is, how to get the file from my iPad on the microSD ?
May be I am a bit stupid at the Moment but I have no idea.

In the DJI GO app ( I have the  new version) there is nothing for the update.
Thomas
2016-3-19
Use props
sploodge
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thgrab Posted at 2016-3-19 18:32
Hey sploodge,
When using the Link http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads to download the fil ...

Hi Thomas, use think link to download the latest firmware - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/OSMO_FW_V01.05.02.00.zip

I have seem many say the app is not prompting for the update and not sure why..
2016-3-19
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I just completed the update to my OSMO and tossed the new GO app on the Ipod Touch I use with it... lots of neat features.  I like the new digital zoom as well as the ability to mute the fan.  Sadly, the onboard microphone is still unusable, as it picks up a significant amount of the gimble noise.  I've been using a Rode external mic with good results when the fan was active, so I'm anxious to see if there is any noticeable difference once the fan is muted.  Still waiting for the DJI flex mic - perhaps another email is in order.  

Have you noticed if the audio stays synchronized with the video on longer recordings?  I'll try that along with a battery life comparison once I'm charged back up from the update process...

Cheers,

M
2016-3-19
Use props
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Updating with the app wouldn't work for me either, and the other method also had it's own stupid problems. copied the bin file to the card  etc turned the Osmo on and spent ten minutes wondering why the camera light was flashing yellow. The Osmo wouldn't format the 'invalid' card so I did that on my PC, also removing the empty DCIM file already on there. Copied the bin file over to the card again, put back in the Osmo and as of writing it seems to be doing it's thing... and then both lights started to blink red & green (battery getting low??)....
Ohh D-DD. Green. Yay! 15 mins total.
2016-3-19
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Good post sploodge, the app wouldn't work for me either ,the app has worked every other time (even the Dec 25th one i used the app and successfully updated!),so used the sd card to update,now the FW version shows 1.0.1.19+? maybe I will ignore this as sploodge suggested,update was successful ,all the other modules have the right FW numbers, I have checked all the Optimizations seems to be ok, the only thing is the gimble drift in video mode is terrible still! horizon tilt seems to be better, but maybe more testing required to really test it out,but in camera mode it is perfect.
2016-3-19
Use props
ping1240
New

United States

I did the update for the Osmo and something went wrong.  When I power up the Osmo there are no light . The fan runs and it beeps and I have to pull the battery to turn it off.  What do I do?
2016-3-19
Use props
david
New

United Kingdom

Hi Sploodge

I haven't had a prompt to upgrade the firmware via the app.  Have tried a few times to get the prompt to appear on the DJI Go app but no joy!  Decided to have a go at the SD card update method. Have downloaded the .bin file to my Macbook Pro and taken the card from my Osmo, (that was formatted by in it), but for some reason it won't copy across.  Have tried both dragging and using cmd shortcuts to copy and paste but it always comeup with the 'not allowed' icon when you hover over the card.  Even tried FAT 32 formattting the SD card in my Macbook but that doesn't work either.  I have a shoot tomorrow so am tempting to stop trying.  Any advice greatly appreciated.  I'm sure I've not missed anything and am being a numpty! Many thanks Dave
2016-3-20
Use props
beninsaigon
lvl.1

Vietnam

Same Problem here: we've tried every possible way suggested in all the previous posts.
Result: we're now stuck with FW version 1.0.1.19+. Not possible to update to any other version.
@sploodge: PLEASE HELP!
2016-3-20
Use props
beninsaigon
lvl.1

Vietnam

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-3-20 11:54
Good post sploodge, the app wouldn't work for me either ,the app has worked every other time (even t ...

same problem here. did you've found a solution yet?
2016-3-20
Use props
MagicBen
lvl.1

Vietnam

UPDATE: finally, we were able to update.
even FW still shows version 1.0.1.19+, but all FW numbers show up correctly.

EXCEPT the APP : 02 number shows 2.7.1(2522)  instead of 2.7.0.2(2485) as in above screenshot.
@sploodge: please confirm that this is ok and doesn't causes any problems.

Also, the LOG file still shows the following error messages (@sploodge: please feedback on this as well):

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.03.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.19.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.19.bin
Upgrading ...

Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80.bin
Upgrading ...

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:46 remo-con disconnect======

Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.05.02.00.bin
Upgrading ...

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

Upgrading ...

========== 2016.03.20 18:50:00 =====================

Upgrading ...

2016-3-20
Use props
thgrab
lvl.1
Germany

beninsaigon Posted at 2016-3-20 13:24
Same Problem here: we've tried every possible way suggested in all the previous posts.
Result: we'r ...

Check the txt file after the update on the microSD - it Shows you the right version.
On my Osmo it Shows me also the old one but there is alredy 1.5.2.00 installed.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-3-19 04:13
DJI does say in their update guide to lock gimbal and lay Osmo flat

In the Firmware upgrade Guide @http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/en/Osmo_Firmware_Upgrade_Guide_en_1225.pdf
It said that
"It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete the upgrade. It is recommended to lock the gimbal and place the handle on a flat suface during the upgrade process."
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-3-19 04:27
Thanks for the info and your work on Osmo-guide.co.uk

New firmware seems good. Colour profiles much ...

At present, the DJI GO App won't give a reminder of the firmware version 1.5.2.0, nor will it support the upgrade of it.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Khyber Posted at 2016-3-19 05:12
wait on dji? HAHA no way... been using x5 on osmo. dji's loss.

Hope you will enjoy your Osmo with X5.

Your continuous support to DJI will be appreciated all the same!
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ari_za Posted at 2016-3-19 05:50
FYI to new OSMO owners. Just received my OSMO with 1.0.1.19 out the box.

Tried to update straight  ...

Thanks for your tips!
2016-3-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules