[Solved] Yet another DJI GO app 2.5.1 no camera mode issue
2316 18 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

I have a love hate relationship with my P3P. When it works, it is an awesome device but I have spent countless hours with firmware, vibration issues (currently mitigated by lowering gains) and now the dreaded no camera mode.

With FW 1.6 and DJI version GO 2.5.1 I now can't see the camera mode option on Samsung Glaxy Tab S, just the how to connect button. RC has green light, P3P has normal red, blinking green. I'm able to control gimbal, CSC start and probably fly but dont intend to without the app.

It was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

I have tried: following the steps listed in how to connect, enable airplane mode, enable USB debugging on android, swapping cables, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, swapping batteries, using another android device (Note 4) with DJI GO 2.1 which at least shows camera view but also has other issues (no camera video, shows disconnected...), C1 + C2 + photo simultaneous botton press while turning RC off and then on.

Next up is deleting the DJI directory (need to save my flight logs) and uninstall/reinstall. I suppose I could try to uninstall 2.5.1 and try an older version. Stuck inside messing with this instead of flying

More trouble shooting: confirmed the samsung tab s is visible when hooking up to the pc (not just charging). My best guess right now is that the RC doesnt recognized the tab s (even with USB debugging enabled). I wonder how it lost this connection capability.

More trouble shooting: uninstalled DJI GO 2.1 from the Note 4 and installed DJI GO 2.5.1. Same problem - so I confirmed its not the tablet, looks like its the app.
2016-1-24
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
United States

I give up. I'm convinced there's a bug in the DJI GO 2.5.1 with Android (both my Note 4 and Tab S). RC light is green, P3P normal lights - red, green flashing, gimbal responds to wheel, CSC starts the aircraft but choose not to fly without camera view, made sure the tab s was connectable to pc...

another update: rolled back to DJI GO 2.4.3 with an apk file found in one of the threads, same problem, may try the new beta app
another update: manual relink didnt help either

2016-1-24
Use props
myles.berueda.g
New

United States

It's the same on my two iPads and iPhone. What's interesting is that when I click around the screen to change exposure, it automatically changes the shutter speed and ISO based on if I'm clicking something light or something dark. It definitely notices a light change, but won't stream the video.
2016-1-24
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-24
Use props
Ekoe
New

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-24 16:16
try that,

turn your controller on , wait 5 secs.. turn the aircraft on and wait till you get the  ...

I've done that on both my Android and iOS devices to no avail. I also tried to force the upgrade onto multiple Phantoms, where I'm getting device not detected prints in my fwlog. It's weird. Hopefully DJI Support can get back to me soon.
2016-1-24
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-24
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-25 01:28
I've noticed when I plug my tablet on before my tablet screen is on the app will not initiate the  ...

Morph1 - thanks for the replies. All the problems and frustration start with FW 1.5 and DJI GO 2.5.1. If I had a time machine, I would go back to your configuration. The latest FW and app updates have caused 30 hours of trouble shooting. App comments indicate widespread problems.

My current problem is that the RC and aircraft connect up fine (green RC and red flashing green a/c), I can probably fly, but the 2.5.1 app never transitions from the how to connect button to enter camera mode. Previous versions of the app would automatically startup with the RC with the camera mode enabled.
2016-1-25
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-25
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-25 10:20
This is the same issue I am facing now , and my solution is to make sure the craft is connected to ...

Thanks again Morph1. Tried all that (RC and a/c connected green and red/green flashing) - just the how to connect button and no camera view on both tab s and note 4 with all FW and app version up to date. Any help DJI?
2016-1-25
Use props
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

As a matter of interest which DJI Device reflects on the app screen where you see the "How to Connect" message?
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Drugless Posted at 2016-1-26 12:19
As a matter of interest which DJI Device reflects on the app screen where you see the "How to Connec ...

You can choose which aircraft is there by swiping the image sideways with your finger.
2016-1-25
Use props
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-26 09:22
You can choose which aircraft is there by swiping the image sideways with your finger.

Sorry forgot to add that as was reason why I asked.
If the OP can swipe to their device and it then reflects the enter the camera mode that might at least get one step closer.
Although I only ever have to do that if RC and craft are not on.
2016-1-25
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
United States

Drugless Posted at 2016-1-25 20:19
As a matter of interest which DJI Device reflects on the app screen where you see the "How to Connec ...

the inspire 1
swiping between inspire phantom didnt help either and then the miracle occurred...

multiple c1, c2, photo button pushes and I got the screen - something like: do I want DJI go app to start when connected to USB? (yes) and then the camera screen, all indications normal! Going to do a quick flight to see if vibrations (with reduced gains) reoccur with lower temps.

Thanks for all of your replies.

edit: and on to the next challenge - going to have to do IMU, gimbal, compass cals - very unsteady on the
2016-1-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I had this issue as well.  My solution was to use the Litchi app.  No more trouble.
2016-1-25
Use props
benavs
New
Flight distance : 44642 ft
France

bletzinger Posted at 2016-1-26 02:33
the inspire 1
swiping between inspire phantom didnt help either and then the miracle occurred...

I am much interested in your miracle. Have the same problem with the camera view whilst all other links work fine. Could you explain once more in detail for a "newbe". Thanks.
2016-2-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

benavs Posted at 2016-2-12 22:04
I am much interested in your miracle. Have the same problem with the camera view whilst all other  ...

+1 here - having very similar issues
2016-2-12
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
United States

benavs Posted at 2016-2-12 17:04
I am much interested in your miracle. Have the same problem with the camera view whilst all other  ...

WIth the RC on, push c1, c2 (buttons underneath the remote) and the photo button at the same time. While continuing to press these buttons, turn the RC off and on. May take multiple attempts.

I think  the key is that your tablet or phone is recognized properly by the RC. Check if your device is recognized by your PC when hooked up with a USB cable. Enable USB debugging in developer options on android device if your phone, tablet is not recognized (just charges) by the PC.
2016-2-13
Use props
benavs
New
Flight distance : 44642 ft
France

bletzinger Posted at 2016-2-13 22:39
WIth the RC on, push c1, c2 (buttons underneath the remote) and the photo button at the same time. ...

Bletzinger: Thanks for your response. Will continue trying but am still waiting for my miracle. Have written DJI 2x but sofar no response. In the mean time am still flying my Ph3pro for fun, without the mobile, and watching the forum for solutions.
2016-2-16
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
United States

benavs Posted at 2016-2-16 03:25
Bletzinger: Thanks for your response. Will continue trying but am still waiting for my miracle. Ha ...

benavs - good luck. Are you using an android tablet or phone? Make sure you can access it as a device when connected to a pc via USB cable.
Or if you have an apple device it might work.

I think you can actually shoot video and photos, you just cant see them on the app while flying
2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules