How to activate the sound on Phantom 3 Standar
32170 30 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xtartrex
New
Flight distance : 3947 ft

United States

I am having a hard time, trying to figure out how to activate the sound on my newly purchased Phantom 3 Standar, no luck so far, I went to the dealer to see if they could, but the salesperson told me that is how they are, no sound. I did some research and found out, many videos do have sound, yet the dealer says otherwise, does anyone else have the same issue, or is it true that it cannot record audio?
2016-1-24
Use props
koine777
lvl.2

United States

None of the phantom 3 cameras record audio. It's edited in after the fact.
2016-1-24
Use props
rzboril
lvl.1
Flight distance : 910705 ft
Czechia

With dictafon ?
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Just have a think about what sound it would record?
2016-1-25
Use props
rzboril
lvl.1
Flight distance : 910705 ft
Czechia

Sorry. In english is : "dictaphone" olympus etc . mounted and record sound.
2016-1-25
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I just fell out of my chair.....
2016-1-25
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

No sound recording on a Phantom. What do you think you would hear? I can't think of anything more unwatchable then several minutes of incessant weed whacker noise.
2016-1-25
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Its a Weed Hacker Vern, a Weed Hacker. (over the hedge reference)

to do good audio for my Drone flights, I have used a second sound source. I used a digital recorder out in the woods, and then used a video editing software to splice them together.

shoot, this is how movies put them together anyway.
2016-1-25
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

If you are asking if the Phantom 3 has a microphone, the answer is no.
It would be pointless to have a microphone on one of these devices, since all you would hear are the props.

What every "drone" flyer does, is add in a sound track during the editing process.  Can certainly give you a list of PC video editing tools if you like, or you can use DJI go app, iMovie, and more on your iPhone/iPad or android based device.
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

microcyb Posted at 2016-1-26 09:02
If you are asking if the Phantom 3 has a microphone, the answer is no.
It would be pointless to have ...

"What every "drone" flyer does, is add in a sound track during the editing process. "

Or - Shock Horror!, make it a silent clip. Why does everyone feel the need to put some form of sound in there?
2016-1-25
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

This is what  a microphone sounds like on the Phantom.... enjoy.  
Discussion on forum

2016-1-25
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Trust me, you don't want sound! The P3 doesn't offer sound but I have a P2 with a Go Pro that does. Weed wackier is right! lol It's loud and annoying. I always mute the audio on videos if I don't add anything.
2016-1-25
Use props
rc
New
Flight distance : 145623 ft
United States

I would also like a sound option and to those who don't see the purpose let me explain.  While I was in Iceland I liked to video the waterfalls.  By hanging a directional microphone 10 feet under the drone nearly all the drone buzz was eliminated. And what you are left with is the natural sounds of the water and birds. And the sound changes as the drone flies over the various water features. Adding sound to a video is not hard but why spend the time if you don't have to.
2016-8-28
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Hmmm, I can hear a drone much farther away than 10 feet. In fact, I once had a television crew ask me to stop flying while they filmed a segment, and I was well more than 100-200' away. (I obliged.)
2016-8-28
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-25 19:26
"What every "drone" flyer does, is add in a sound track during the editing process. "

Or - Shock  ...

agreed!

lots of effort for that sound it seems, rather do another flight
2016-8-28
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-25 19:26

Or - Shock  ...

Background sound tracks make the video a much nicer presentation, more enjoyable to watch in other words.
2016-8-28
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-1-25 19:39
Discussion on forum

This video is from a Phantom 3? Ouch! Why soooo much jello?
2016-8-28
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

rc@ave9.us Posted at 2016-8-28 12:25
I would also like a sound option and to those who don't see the purpose let me explain.  While I was ...

Yes what you described would work. But if DJI had put one in it wouldn't be 10' below, it would be built right into the camera and have all the drone sound.
2016-8-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-8-29 06:04

It sounds like it is shaking itself to pieces, hence the jello.
2016-8-28
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-8-28 16:04

This was a gopro or similar attached to the P3 to get a sound recording.
2016-8-28
Use props
PeterQR
New
Australia

I think there should be sound recording on these cameras, you can mute it if you want, but the sound of the props and motors can make a video more immersive, and in video editor, you can quiten those sounds and layer louder music on top of it, awesome!
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

PeterQR Posted at 2017-5-1 17:16
I think there should be sound recording on these cameras, you can mute it if you want, but the sound of the props and motors can make a video more immersive, and in video editor, you can quiten those sounds and layer louder music on top of it, awesome!

Some of the newer models have microphones built in the RC to get some ambient sound. Most would still find the direct buzzing from the motors a tad incessant.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans8c23d53e
New
Flight distance : 3947 ft

Russia

Thank you guys, I appreciate the feedback indeed that noise produced by the propellers sound like a trillion mosquitoes trying to eat me at once. By the way I found a way to add audio to my videos, you don't have to buy anything. I use the voice recorder on my phone, once my drone is up in the air I do a clap in front of the camera so I know exactly where to synchronise both audio and video, problem solved you don't have to endure the noise from the propellers, just your voice or the noises around you far from the gargantuan mosquito trying to eat you.
2017-6-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is the audio track of the FPV signal is instead used for telemetry which is why you don't have a sound option.  
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You can become a master with the video editing process and put your own sound on afterwards. then post the video here so we can check out and see what you got. A few swarmy remarks but hopefully all in good fun.
2017-6-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans8c23d53e Posted at 2017-6-21 06:06
Thank you guys, I appreciate the feedback indeed that noise produced by the propellers sound like a trillion mosquitoes trying to eat me at once. By the way I found a way to add audio to my videos, you don't have to buy anything. I use the voice recorder on my phone, once my drone is up in the air I do a clap in front of the camera so I know exactly where to synchronise both audio and video, problem solved you don't have to endure the noise from the propellers, just your voice or the noises around you far from the gargantuan mosquito trying to eat you.

Not sure about DJI Go, but DJI Go 4 has an option to record audio using display device mic' and overlay against the cached video. You may be able to make some use of that.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans1b6f13f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40056 ft
United States

Here's what you'd hear.  
2017-6-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-1-25 15:39
Discussion on forum

Something seems very wrong with your gimbal.  Do all your videos bounce around like that?  Videos that I take with my Phantom 3 Adv are perfectly stable.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans1b6f13f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40056 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-6-21 13:47
Something seems very wrong with your gimbal.  Do all your videos bounce around like that?  Videos that I take with my Phantom 3 Adv are perfectly stable.

the 360 camera was hanging on a skid with electrical tape for a test only, plus it was extremely windy and atop mountain crosswinds. if you done see the video in 360 try another browser for soem real fun.
2017-6-21
Use props
hward51
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144 ft

United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-1-25 15:39
Discussion on forum

Why does your video shake so much?  This is not normal.
2017-7-10
Use props
fansaff16cdd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 794091 ft
United States

If you want to shoot a video from the drone with audio, you'll have to do it via a Livestream. For example, I chose Facebook Live and selected my audience as Private. After ending the recording, I hopped on a computer, opened my FB page and downloaded the video. Then I deleted it from my Timeline. Done and done.

Yes, it uses the mic on your phone (or tablet) and yes, a flying drone keeps you from getting any clean audio but it's still a cool technique for sending a cheesy birthday video to a friend.
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules