First Litchi w/ ios Flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

I got my P3A right before Christmas and love flying it.  My brother lives about 4,900' away from me in a straight line and I kept trying to fly to his house but I only got about 3,000' before I lost signal.  I purcahsed the cooper antennae booster and got about 3,700' before I lost signal.  There are a lot of trees and houses between us and I am happy to report that the cooper booster did increase my range so I can only imagine how much greater the range would have been boosted in a more desolate area.

This morning I finally got the nerve to plan a misison in Litchi to fly to my brothers house.  I had never even tried Litchi before so I of course was nervous.  The first thing I did was create a simple Litchi mission around my house just to verify that the program works and sure enough it did.  Once it was over I started the misison to my brothers house.  :-O

Naturally, I lost connection at about 3,700' away but the cooper booster did enable me to view the extra 700'.  I was nervous once the connection was lost especially when I kept getting the disconnect voice messages coming through. lol  The entire flight was only about 5 or 6 minutes and I lost connection for about 2 minutes but sure enough my video feed picked back up and my bird came home.

The video came out great and almost exactly as I anticipated.  I just need to play around a little more with the POI elevation feature because I didn't get EXACTLY what I wanted but for the first flight using these tools I was impressed.

2016-1-25
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Welcome in the club of waypoint flying!

Of course always keep in mind the safety of the mission – keep the distance so that you can interrupt it or take over control. This is very imported!.
(also when you know the  

Today I did a mission “of course the bird” of 5000m long. I used FPV camera for it – probably similar as Litchi. The good thing is that you focus on the view of the camera.

What I did:
-        check the who route on obstacles (by foot or by manual flying)
-        check the battery (the mission was 42% of the battery)
-        wait for the right moment to “go” the mission. (Temperature / wind etc…)
-        check the drone before doing a long mission
-        don’t try to do the perfect video on the first trial mission. Learning of the 1 time and make changes to optimise.
-        Check you pre-flight plan.
-        keep local regulations!

My plan is to make a overview video of a park (connected to a small city in NL).
As you can see there is some work to do.

Result after first mission:
-        check camera position (for sun lines)
-        mebe some different angles
-        etc…

Attached the video of the first mission! (I just cut the warming-up and going to the video start position – total mission 9m)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skie03bz70x2mxf/5000mWaypoint.mp4?dl=0

2016-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules