Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 gimbal motor overload ? Helppp
1033 4 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Live Fast Fly H

Costa Rica

Ok guys I'm in Costa Rica and was doing a sunset beach flight, went thru normal pre flight checklist. All of a sudden the image started shaking , so I re calibrated the gimbal . Still was shaking so I brought her down and it started saying gimbal motor overload . Some help because we can't make international calls and we have a week left of our trip,,
2016-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only two things I can think of, either you had a hard landing and bent something or you landed in the sand and got some in the gimbal motors. Does the gimbal more freely when powered off and moving it around with your hand?
Basically, it needs to come in for repair.
2016-1-25
Use props
Live Fast Fly H

Costa Rica

The drone doesn't send a notification of gimbal overload any more , but we did have to tighten the bracket to make the vibration go away.. We had a test flight this morning ad everything ran smoothly .
2016-1-26
Use props
Live Fast Fly H

Costa Rica

Still think there was sand in there .. Best thing to do is take the x5 apart and give it a good air cleaning ??????
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Live Fast Fly H Posted at 2016-1-27 01:08
Still think there was sand in there .. Best thing to do is take the x5 apart and give it a good air  ...

Pretty much the only thing you can do is blow compressed air around the gimbal motors.
Glad it's working and wasn't from anything being bent, that would have been a costly hard landing.
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules