E310 Two Hot Motors on opposing arms
917 2 2016-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aus67
New

Australia

Hi All,
Just setup a quad with new E310 Tuned Propulsion System. Total weight is 1.7kg and COG is balanced both forward and back and side to side.

From the very first flight two opposing motors (Right Rear and Left Front) are getting very hot compare to the other two. Almost 10° hotter these are the results below.

Left Front Motor 45°c              Right Front Motor  50.6°c

Left Rear Motor 51.9°c           Right Rear Motor  42.9°c

Ambient motor temp was around 33°c before an easy flight around the yard.

The Aussie dealer I brought them from (RiseAboveAerials)  says, its the weight and my COG setup (magical diagnosis of course!!) Logic would say if two motors on say the left were getting hot, then I would know its the lateral Cog or if the front, then pitch Cog... but the hot motors are on opposing arms. So I dunno where this guy gets his opinion from!

Here is a video that I made for dji to look at but have had not reply as yet.

There is something wrong here and given the temps the motors are reaching it will soon drop from the sky...sadly Raffy at RiseAboveAerials says that my warranty is void because I shortened the monster long ESC wires!!! LOL, A trap for anyone wanting to buy from this mob.! DoN't!

Any suggestions? apart from throw the E310 in the bin!

Aus

2016-1-26
Use props
paraman.bluewin
lvl.1

Switzerland

Your QUAD is 1.7KG....is that with LIPO. that seems lot of Weight... My F550 is the same weight with the 2 extra arms and Motors...Without Lipo
what do you have on it...

It seems to be windy also.. so maybe the 2 motors are working harder in a hover to keep it in one position..

2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The temperature is the in the normal range, the difference can be caused by many things. Firstly, you need to make sure the RC input for both side is the same, and the temperature detector always detect the temperature of the same altitude level so if you detect it at different height, you might get different result, what's more, you need to check the spinning start time of the motor, since different time can also effect the temperature. And it also related to the CW and CCW, cause the wind is different. In your experiment, the wind can also be a potent reason.
2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules