New P3A owner..couple of issues/questions...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrew.savasuk.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 665554 ft
United States

Hey All,

I bought my first quad and have flown it a few times.  I have read a few threads on here and watched some tutorials as well.  I took it out yesterday and maxed out(at the time) at around 4,400 feet from my home location.  I have runs into one issue and have a question about another...
1) For the past 2 flights, when I take off and start the video recording, it records for about 4 seconds then stops.  It does this a few times(sometimes more) before it will actuall stay recording.  I have a 32gb card and clear it out after every flight so it is not a space issue.  Any ideas on what may be causing this?

2) sometimes when I am flying(in low wind) the horizon is not straight.  There are times when the horizon is at a diagnol.  Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer!!!
Also, I was going to post a pic but it was asking for a pic address????  Is there a tutorial for posting pictures?
2016-1-26
Use props
chefdrew
lvl.2
United States

Update, I figured out how to post a picture.  
Took the dron out again yesterday and still had the video issue???
2016-1-27
Use props
gjp
lvl.1

United States

Hey. I too experience that same recording issue. I am very new to the P3A (quads in general for that matter). I use a 64gig micro and clear it after each flight. I have been thinking it was because I am using an original iPad mini (video feed is always a bit laggy). Anyway, I look forward to seeing if there are some experienced pilots out there with some help for this. Thanks for posting.
2016-1-27
Use props
chefdrew
lvl.2
United States

gjp Posted at 2016-1-27 12:31
Hey. I too experience that same recording issue. I am very new to the P3A (quads in general for that ...

What is the speed of your sd card?
2016-1-28
Use props
gjp
lvl.1

United States

chefdrew Posted at 2016-1-28 08:57
What is the speed of your sd card?

I’m not sure. It’s a Scandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD XC I.
2016-1-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

You can also check this out...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid251592
2016-1-28
Use props
chefdrew
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the link!  I do not see anything on there that speaks to the video cutting out issue though. ..
2016-1-28
Use props
chefdrew
lvl.2
United States

I have a fast sd car coming today to see if that helps fix the problem.  When I put a new sd car in the bird do I need to install new firmware to the new card?  Will it automatically promt me to do this when I get on the dji app?
2016-1-29
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

chefdrew Posted at 2016-1-29 12:00
I have a fast sd car coming today to see if that helps fix the problem.  When I put a new sd car in  ...

The Phantom does need the firmware file on the card except for doing updates. Just format your new card and start taking photos or videos.
2016-1-29
Use props
chefdrew
lvl.2
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-30 04:01
The Phantom does need the firmware file on the card except for doing updates. Just format your new ...

So I just put the new card in, turned it on, went to the dji app, entered camera view and the app said that I had the latest firmware...I am guessing that putting the newest firmware on the new cad is just an extra safety precaution?
2016-1-29
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

chefdrew Posted at 2016-1-29 15:49
So I just put the new card in, turned it on, went to the dji app, entered camera view and the app  ...

Putting the firmware on the SD card is only necessary when / if you need to do an update to the firmware. Just format the card from the app and have fun flying!
2016-1-29
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

chefdrew Posted at 2016-1-29 15:49
So I just put the new card in, turned it on, went to the dji app, entered camera view and the app  ...

As I said already, the firmware file is not needed on the SD card unless you are doing an update. There is no safety precaution. When you power up the Phantom it checks the SD card to see if there is a firmware file and will begin to update if it sees a different version. Any other time it is not necessary to have. Format the card fly and photograph. That's it.
2016-1-29
Use props
chefdrew
lvl.2
United States

Got it, thanks all!
2016-1-29
Use props
chefdrew
lvl.2
United States

So I put a a new 32gb 95mbps card in the drone and have not had a video issue since.  I guess I will just keep the other for a backup. ..
2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules