Can't link remote to Phantom 3 Pro
10984 15 2016-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

This is my 3rd Phantom and my first issue with linking remotes.

Anyhow, straight out of the box these devices wasn't linked. I have tried what I can to get them linked and nothing.

The method I used was trying to link them together through the DJI GO app. I tried this with my Ipad Air 2 and my Galaxy S6 Active.

At first I would: turn remote on > plug in monitor > open app> Turn flight battery pack on > navigate to view camera > select link devices on monitor > press link button on Phanton > then press link button on app.

I tried several configurations of this and the timer would run out evertime without linking the devices. All devices was at full charge minus my phone which was 50%. I haven't done any  updates, charged batteries and noticed the remote wasn't linked. That is as far as I got.

Thanks for any help.
2016-1-26
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

SVTRay,
First, double check that your RC antenna are parallel and oriented parallel to the legs of your P3. The antenna you're trying to link to are in the legs of the P3 and the flat side of the antenna should be parallel to the legs.
Next, turn on the RC and connect your mobile device. Launch the GO App.
Next, Turn on the P3 and watch for the RED link LED on the side of the VPS housing on the gimbal motor side of the aircraft. This LED will turn GREEN when link is established, but will stay RED if no link is negotiated.

Does the link LED on the side of the aircraft stay RED?

Back in the GO App, enter Camera View and tap the RC Control Setting icon up on top next to the Aircraft Status.
Down at the bottom, select Linking RC. Your left most RC Status LED should start blinking BLUE.

Does the RC Status LED start blinking BLUE and beep & the GO App display a 60 second timer?

Back on the aircraft, just to the right of the RED link LED, is a button inside a small hole. You'll need a paper clip, toothpick, or small screwdriver to depress the link button. Press and hold the link button depressed. The RED LED just next to the button should turn GREEN. You can now release the link button when the LED turns GREEN.
And if you look back at the RC, its status LED should also be GREEN.

Advise at which step you're observing something different.....
2016-1-26
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

So you're supposed to press and hold the button at the back of the bird? I'm only pressing it once and releasing?
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

SVTRay Posted at 2016-1-27 11:15
So you're supposed to press and hold the button at the back of the bird? I'm only pressing it once a ...

Just try to press it once, i should get linked
2016-1-26
Use props
nixdiecast
lvl.2

United States

Connect cable from rc to phone
Turn on rc
Turn on craft
Run dji go app
Tap camera view
Tap rc settings
Tap linking rc
Tap confirm
Rc will start beeping and light will be flashing blue
Press and hold the link button on left side of craft for 2 seconds then release
2016-1-26
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Nadda, zipo, this thing isn't linking no matter what I do.
2016-1-27
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

SVTRay Posted at 2016-1-27 21:56
Nadda, zipo, this thing isn't linking no matter what I do.

When you press the link button on the aircraft, does the LED next to the button provide any feedback?
Does it blink, flash GREEN and then turn back RED?
Is it RED before you press the button?

You are getting the RC status BLUE LED and the 60 second timer in the GO App, right?

P.S. Also look on the bottom of your RC and find the Model number. Is your controller a GL300A or GL300B? Just curious...
2016-1-27
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Finally!

This has been a royal PITA! Mind you, this isn't my first Phantom....it's my 3rd. I can't believe the hassle it's been linking the RC to the bird. I killed two battery packs working on it lol The simplest of things took for ever, 10 tries before I got the compass orientated lol I'm still not sure if this bird will fly. I was getting upgrade messages up until close to quitting time! The RC and Bird was linked but it wouldn't even start. My last ditch attempt at upgrading for the day seemed to got everything synced. The app showed everything safe to fly in GPS. So I placed it outside real quick and went through the notion of take up by initiating auto take off. Everything worked great. (did this without props just incase).

Anyhow, tomorrow looks like the day I'll finally get to try it all out props including. Four days from the time I opened the box to the first flight lol  2.5 Hrs just charging the remote...Kinda miss my Phantom 2's and their AA batteries LOL.

Thanks for all the help.

FYI: I'm not sure what the problem ultimately came down to to be honest. The RC needed to upgraded for one thing. The bird seemed to be upgraded, it mirrored all the beeping sounds i found on upgraded tutorials on youtube about 2-3 minutes after inverting SD card and switching on. After the RC was upgraded, they two linked up but it still wouldn't work and indicated it needed upgraded.  In my last ditch attempt, I left the bird running for 30 minutes even after the bird made it's "down with upgrade" beeps. I think it initiated the end of upgrade beeps prematurely causing me to end the attempt and it not upgrading right.
2016-1-27
Use props
SPC
New
Flight distance : 111319 ft
United States

nixdiecast Posted at 2016-1-26 22:15
Connect cable from rc to phone
Turn on rc
Turn on craft

Hi Guy's. I have been having the same problem with my brand new phantom 3 advanced drone, When I open the app and click Link button in the app it says "Confirm Frequency settings"  I'm new to this make of drone and am wondering if It will ever fly?  I have updated all the firmware and every once in a while it will connect, then I turn it on another time and it won't connect, the back LED light on the drone flash red & yellow. I'm really frustrated, I own a XIRO Xplorer and though this one would be an up grade to it, but now I've really began to wonder if this is so. Any Ideas for me too?
Thanks Steve
2017-1-21
Use props
zer0memory
New
Ireland

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have the same dilemma. The only problem with mine is that when I press the link button on the aircraft nothing happens. No light from the led. what could be the problem
2017-4-16
Use props
BIGDOG AIR-1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100814 ft
United States

will not link
2017-5-9
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

hmm.. with all the people having link issues, are you all on p3 pro or advanced? Keep in mind linking is quite different on p3S and p3S 4k, as opposed to Advanced and Pro....
For the last 2, Press down the link button for more than two seconds until the LED indicator blinks, then release the button.
Does the bird go into bind mode? None of the manuals I looked at say anything about how the aircraft is supposed to blink to confirm it is in bind more....
2017-5-10
Use props
Willie B
New
Flight distance : 10 ft
Canada

I was having the same problems after upgrading firmware on my RC. I then just unplugged and shut everything off. Turned on RC, hooked up iPad, turned on bird and went in to settings.  Scrolled to bottom clicked on linkRC and then the RC started to beep. Then I pressed the frequency button on the left side (its hard to find but ones a light other is the button) now hold button with a pen or paper clip. They say to hold for 2 secs but I held for like 5 more. Then everything beeped and it linked.  Maybe this will help someone, only thing that worked for my P3P.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans1edaf0c2
lvl.1
United States

I apoligize for jumping  in but I am having tremendous problems getting going.  I am new to this fun? getting our Phantom 3 professional (refurbished) only 3 frustrating days ago.

I am using an Alcatel onetouch Pop 7 lte tablet  6.0.1  The go app downloaded ok.  But when I go to connect the RC  the P3P lights up makes it's little welcome music with 2 blinking greens and 2 solid reds on the prop arms.  The small LED on the gimble side is green.  

When I select my P3P on the page that lets you scroll through the different drones I get the "How to Connect" button.  I go through that procedure and get nothing just return to same place.  But if I scroll to the Inspire 1 page I get the word camera in the place of How to Connect!  If I tap Camera I go to a control page with the word Disconnected on top of the page.

I can not get the simulator to work on the p3p it states simulator only available when connected to the aircraft.

I need some help bad as I convinced our club to purchase this item since it was rate so highly.

Help

Bob

2017-7-8
Use props
fans1edaf0c2
lvl.1
United States

2017-7-8
Use props
abutcher
New

United States

When I select Linking RC on my phone after just upgrading my controller firmware, nothing happens. It just goes back to the previous screen. Any help would be appreciated.
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules