Ronin-M won't pan beyond 90 degrees of original orientation.
1810 2 2016-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
igraphyx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78737 ft
United States

Hello,
I'm a brand new Ronin user and I'm noticing a problem when using the thumb controller with Smooth Track off. My reason for wanting Smooth Track to be off is that I want to fully control the camera's pan and tilt using the thumb controller.

With the unit on the stand, I'll power up the ronin, turn on the thumb controller, test the left and right pan buttons and it works perfectly, but after lifting the ronin and turning it around either left or right past ninety degrees and whilst pressing the thumb controller's Pan button in the corresponding direction, the unit will stop panning beyond a certain point. It's not that I'm keeping my body still and trying to pan around past 90... I'm turning by body to essentially turn around and walk in the opposite direction, but the ronin won't pan with me using the thumb controller, as if it can't pan past the original orientation it was in when powered on.

Please help.
Reynaldo
2016-1-26
Use props
igraphyx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78737 ft
United States

Update: I'm  guessing Smooth Track needs to be on even when you want to dominantly control the pan and tilt with the thumb controller. I enabled Smooth Track and was now able to turn in any direction with the Ronin and still use the thumb controller. The only slight drawback to what I was trying to acheive is that I don't want my body's movement to trigger panning or tilting. I suppose the answer would be to increase the deadband.
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

If you want to control Pan at 360 degrees, please set the PAN axis endpoint to 0 at DJI assistant APP or PC assistant software
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules