Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
30 Minute Battery??
2288 5 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

This news article is claiming a new battery with 30 minutes flying time.

This goes against everything I've read here. Just bad information, or is this real?

http://news.doddleme.com/equipment/dji-ships-inspire-1/

"Battery life has also been slightly improved, with up to 30 minute flight times courtesy of a new 6S battery and huge foot long propellers that provide greater lift with lesser energy drain. DJI has also created an encrypted data stream between the Inspire and the operator, preventing flight controls from being co-opted or images being leached from would be hackers."
2015-1-3
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

I wouldn't believe the 30 minute flight time, The article also lists a 18 minute flight time under the stats of the Inspire.  
2015-1-3
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

It seems, it's a mistake.
On the list of features the author mentioms 18 minutes. And reviewers haven't said anything about 30 min, it's just a little crazy.
2015-1-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is an optional battery. Let me check and get right back. I ordered 2 from B&H. BRB
2015-1-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The optional battery is 5700 mAh vs. the standard 4500 mAh. So another 1200 mAh. Enough for a few more minutes. I would have to check the specs to see what the current draw is. Then of course there are many variables that enter the draw such as the wind and temperature. What I always do is run my Phantoms right down to nothing by letting it idle and throttle up and down to drain the battery. It is good exercise for the battery. I have a few batteries  and cycle them evenly in regard to use. On an easy day I get close to 30 minutes out of the Phantoms. Time will tell once we start using the Inspires. A 20 minute flight is usually enough for me.
2015-1-3
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

the larger battery can do a little better, i think it was 22 minutes?
2015-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules