Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Solved] DJI Transcoding Tool and Premiere Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hi guys, following the advice in this thread http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=36464

I've been shooting in log mode on my Phantom 3 Advanced, and put the footage through the transcoder as instructed in the above thread,  creating what should be a better format for editing and color grading etc.

After transcoding I can play the files back no porblem, but when I try import them into Premiere Pro CS6 (windows) It says it can not import the files as they have no video ro audio stream?

I was orgianl shooting in 1080p 24fps .mov which converted into a higher bitrate .mov, but today was shooting some 2.7k and looking at the files they are now in .MP4 so I don't know if that is a restriction of 2.7k or weather it's just reverted to a default for some reason.  Either way, I converted these to the higher bitrate .movs as well, and neather of the 1080p or 2.7k transcoded files are able to be opened in Premiere Pro.

According to the transcoder they are converting to Apple ProRes YUV 4:2:2 10 bit, everything I've read states Premiere Pro shouldn't have any issues importing Apple ProREs?
2016-1-27
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

If anyone else is unlucky enough to encounter this, it appears to be an issues with Windows 10 and quicktime, I ended up having to download a dodgy version which someone had modded the installer themselves to work with Windows 10.
2016-1-28
Use props
mikedaniels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48986 ft
United States

pantera989@gmai Posted at 2016-1-28 17:11
If anyone else is unlucky enough to encounter this, it appears to be an issues with Windows 10 and q ...

try moving the video files to a different drive and importing them.
2016-1-28
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

mikedaniels Posted at 2016-1-29 10:23
try moving the video files to a different drive and importing them.

I got it working after getting a custom version of Quicktime. It seems there is an issues with the normal version of quicktime and windows 10, where it blocks other programs access to quicktimes codecs.
2016-1-28
Use props
monica66
lvl.2

Japan

As a matter of fact, the latest version Premiere Pro CS6, CC has the ability to handle 4K files without much problem, but it is extremely hardware intensive owing to the codec issue and resolution. To make DJI Inspire 4K files editable in Premiere easily, users need to convert DJI Inspire 4K to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro as primary delivery format. What I used is Brorsoft Video Converter. You can have a try. Good luck
http://fully-support-xavc-videos ... imeline-freely.html
2016-3-29
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

monica66 Posted at 2016-3-30 13:45
As a matter of fact, the latest version Premiere Pro CS6, CC has the ability to handle 4K files with ...

I'm not really sure what this has to do with the topic, the files that where failing to open where not in the Straight-out-of-DJI- Phantom format, but transcoded to ProRes.

I'm not sure what 4k has to do with it either, I'm shooting in 1080p/2.7k (although I have edited 4k footage in Premiere Pro without any problems before from other sources)

Either way, problem solved (hence why it is marked at solved), by installing an different version of Quicktime, which allowed Premiere Pro access to it's Codecs.
2016-3-31
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Hi Riley,

Im interested to know how much benefit you get out of this? As far as im aware you can achieve the same results via LUTS in Adobe PR and AE? I thought the ProRes conversion was touted at the launch of the P3P for users without access to programs that can perform those tasks such as Premier P? I may be wrong... Many users have stated that the effects are exactly the same as applying a LUT so i gave up on the process as it added too much time to workflow.

Instead i find it much more beneficial and quicker to apply rec709 luts to DJI log - from there i perform a full colour correction inside Premiere and export the look i like via a cube file (inside Premiere) and apply that LUT to the footage used in that shoot.

I also save different LUTs for different types of footage - you can google search and find LUTs specifically for DJI-Log and FYI The inspire Log LUTS work with the P3 Log mode or you can create your own

2016-3-31
Use props
chris198810
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-17
Use props
fansfbd82212
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield