drone fell from sky (resolved)
1732 20 2016-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
haden238
New

United States

i was flying my buddies drone when it suddenly fell out of the sky, as it was falling i tried pulling in the sticks to possibly start it again, i looked threw the flight log and i have a flight ending at an altitude of 147 with both sticks full bottom and AWAY from eachother. i also have the next flight path where i tried to start it again mid-air that is just of it falling from 97ft to the ground. im worried they wont cover it on worrenty because the last one shows me pulling them together (from panicking) as it was already falling. any thoughts on if they will cover it or not?
2016-1-27
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Nope...you did a CSC which is shown in the manual & they explicitly say "Do not perform a CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will suddenly stop" on page 46.
2016-1-27
Use props
JaxBchFlyer
lvl.2

United States

Two sticks bottom and away? That stops the motors.
2016-1-27
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Both sticks down and AWAY will also turn off the motors which is what happened at 147 feet in the air. I am afraid you owe your friend a new Phantom.
2016-1-27
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JaxBchFlyer Posted at 2016-1-27 19:04
Two sticks bottom and away? That stops the motors.

Yes.  Version 1.6 of the manual (and previous versions as well) on page 46, as posted, clearly shows the CSC commands and stick positions.

You read the manual, right?

2016-1-27
Use props
haden238
New

United States

it was a buddies drone, didnt read the manuel cuz i didnt have one to read, only knew to not pull them together and down. oh well. i guess im replacing his drone.
2016-1-27
Use props
JaxBchFlyer
lvl.2

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-27 19:21
Yes.  Version 1.6 of the manual (and previous versions as well) on page 46, as posted, clearly show ...

I phrased that badly. I know full what the CSC positions are. I was telling him he stopped the motors. But thanks for your sincere concern over my manual knowledge ...I sincerely appreciate it.
2016-1-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

haden238 Posted at 2016-1-28 08:31
it was a buddies drone, didnt read the manuel cuz i didnt have one to read, only knew to not pull th ...

CSC=
Can't
Stop
Crying
Or
Can't
Stop
Crashing
Or Convoluted
Stick
Command

Sorry to hear about the boo boo!

2016-1-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

haden238 Posted at 2016-1-28 00:31
it was a buddies drone, didnt read the manuel cuz i didnt have one to read, only knew to not pull th ...

Sorry to hear of the loss, never a good thing. Not so sure about you replacing it though, he shouldn't have let you fly it without making you fully aware of its operation. You could meet half way if it comes to that.
2016-1-27
Use props
haden238
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-1-27 19:23
Sorry to hear of the loss, never a good thing. Not so sure about you replacing it though, he shoul ...

naa it just broke the gimbal, ill just replace it and take the old one
2016-1-27
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Another case of human error.  
2016-1-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

haden238 Posted at 2016-1-28 09:36
naa it just broke the gimbal, ill just replace it and take the old one

You are  one hell of a good sport!

human error when concatinated could come out as "humor"..hopefully you and buddy can laugh at this one at some point!

And welcome to the club!...
2016-1-27
Use props
Neary Aerial
New

United States

We cover all Phantoms and Inspires, as well as Blade, Walkera, Yuneec, and 3DR. https://neary-aerial.com
2016-1-27
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

You forgot:

Cost
Some
Cash

Catastrophic
Stop
Crash

Completely
Smashed
Crap
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, I dealt with a guy who had a brand new Inspire Pro ($5,000) a few weeks ago and at 400ft did a CSC. He shipped us a small box of parts. Would be nice if your thread said "Drone fell from the sky due to accidental CSC"
2016-1-27
Use props
koine777
lvl.2

United States

Who the hell does a CSC with a 5k Inspire, let alone a thousand dollar P3? I would be sick, unless I had so much money it didn't matter...
2016-1-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-27
Use props
koine777
lvl.2

United States

Who the hell does a CSC with a 5k Inspire, let alone a thousand dollar P3? I would be sick, unless I had so much money it didn't matter...
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Oh I'm sorry to hear it. Unfortunately it can't be covered by the warranty, due to the pilot error. However you can send it to for a fix
2016-1-28
Use props
haden238
New

United States

do they usually come with the user manual? after telling my friend what i was told and where it was in the manual he told me he had no idea pulling them down and apart would shut it down also because his didn't have a user manual in the box when it came in
2016-1-28
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

haden238 Posted at 2016-1-28 14:19
do they usually come with the user manual? after telling my friend what i was told and where it was  ...

It's an online manual, probably because it gets updated regularly.

It's also in the quick start guide that comes with it or is in the Go app.
2016-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules