Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update
12Next >
10381 62 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI confirmed that just as the Phantoms you must update the firmware before you fly the Inspire for the first time. Changes have been made since the production run. PLease take heed, hate to see your new Inspire head off into the sunset the first time out.
2015-1-3
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hopefully someone could make a step by step list of how to do this successfully.
Page 60 in the manual I guess explains how to complete upgrade.
2015-1-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, here are the steps.  Download the bin zip file from DJI.com.  Extract the .bin file and load it to the root directory of your mini SD card.  Then insert the card into the Inspire.  Power the Tx and your device and then the Inspire.  The App will ask you to approve the update.  Click yes.  That will update the Inspire, the camera and the battery.  You will need to do this with each battery that you have.  Most of them will be on the current firmware.  You can check on the App.  You need to copy the .bin file to a zip/flash USB drive to update your Tx.  That is the whole procedure.
2015-1-3
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Ed, sounds simple enough.
2015-1-3
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yeah Thanks for the info.....
2015-1-3
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-4 01:01
Ok, here are the steps.  Download the bin zip file from DJI.com.  Extract the .bin file and load it  ...

Tahoe_Ed
Isn't this process a step backwards.
Having to load downloads onto the SD card.
With the Phantom connected to the computer it shortcuts the Inspire procedure nicely.
Also if one has to use this more involved routine to download to the Inspire.
Why is it equipped with a USB socket like the Phantom or has this changed?
2015-1-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2015-1-4 17:09
Tahoe_Ed
Isn't this process a step backwards.
Having to load downloads onto the SD card.

No the Inspire has a USB port and there is an Assistant for developmental purposes.  It may sound complicated but in reality it is not.  
2015-1-4
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.3

United States

Ok, here are the steps.  Download the bin zip file from DJI.com.  Extract the .bin file and load it  ...

Does anyone know if the firmware .zip file is only usable from a Windows computer?

I have a Macbook and I have downloaded the file more than once but each time I try to extract the .bin file it, it gives an error.

2015-1-4
Use props
powerhs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-4 23:41
Does anyone know if the firmware .zip file is only usable from a Windows computer?

I have a Macboo ...

Use StuffIt expander on the Mac
2015-1-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I have a Macboo ...

The v.13 works and unpacks using the default app.  I had issues with prior versions but not with the current.
2015-1-4
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.3

United States

Thanks Ed.
2015-1-4
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I remember i read something like i should keep the FW update file on the SD card or did i get that wrong? Why you should keep it there when its already updated?
2015-1-4
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I believe that you are referring to the Phantom upgrade. It states to use a clean card. I use a clean card for an upgrade then I reformat it and use it for the camera videos and photos. Could be wrong. Doesn't make sense to keep the update on the card and save the card. When you do another update the older version on the card is totally useless and if you get the cards mixed up you could end up going backwards instead of forwards.
2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

i did the update on the plane and the controller but the app said the plane was not successful.  I cannot tell if the firmware updated it or not.  I also cannot tell what version is running.  Is there a way to check the firmware version on the chopper?  

the WM610_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file says
result: cancel  
2015-1-4
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark@joytel.net Posted at 2015-1-5 03:48
i did the update on the plane and the controller but the app said the plane was not successful.  I c ...

Please delete the results file and power on the craft and let the upgrade process again. Please try to leave the controller off this time and wait until the LED goes solid red on the craft and you hear da... da,da
2015-1-4
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.3

United States

i did the update on the plane and the controller but the app said the plane was not successful.  I c ...

Mark, let us know if what Blade_Strike said works.
2015-1-4
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-5 04:16
Mark, let us know if what Blade_Strike said works.

You doubt me do you?
2015-1-4
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.3

United States

Nope. Want to make sure he is OK.
Also confirming that I can now open the firware .ZIP file.  1.2.0.13 seems to be the trick as is extracted to my Macbook without any issues.

Thanks to both Tahoe_Ed and Blade_Strike.

2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

no controller on and everything was removed from the SD card except the .bin file.  I left it running by itself for 45min or so.  No progress.
2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

im going to try it again.   no controller, only .bin on sd card
2015-1-4
Use props
rbendjebar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark@joytel.net Posted at 2015-1-5 06:00
im going to try it again.   no controller, only .bin on sd card

Did you put the file in the root directory of the card?
2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

file is in the root directory.  I did try to update the first time, the app notified me.  I went through the the whole process but failed with the aircraft at the end. BTW, i did update the controller with the same .bin file.  I will try to download and unzip from scratch.
2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

im going to let it sit again.  Does anyone know if there is an indication that firmware is updating?  Should the app detect if the aircraft is not up date in firmware?
2015-1-4
Use props
mhaislet
Second Officer

United States

mark@joytel.net Posted at 2015-1-5 06:33
im going to let it sit again.  Does anyone know if there is an indication that firmware is updating? ...

I read in the manual there was a tone to listen for when update is complete possibly taking 25 mins for full download. Good luck keep us informed please.
Only thing I've read  or seen concerning this was a tone indicator there should be a way to see the current version if installed sure its in the app.

I'm referencing what I read in the manual RE: firm ware update section approx. page 59.
2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

thats what im going by.  thanks, i will keep you posted.
2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

Everyone who get there inspire will need to upgrade firmware to start the motors!

mark marques 90470700090 mark@joytel.net .  Im having issues upgrading firmware.  It seems to have failed the first time and i cannot get it to upload again.  i have been trying all different combinations. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
19:08:51

hello
19:09:54

yes?

INSPIRE Support Send file How to Upgrade INSPIRE 1 Firmware.pdf(78573bytes)for you, Accept  ,or refuse
19:11:56

Sir, you need to del. one file inside

after each failure

please kindly check the documentation
19:19:42

the .txt file. yes i have tried that

is there a possibility that it did upgrade and i cannot tell?
19:21:00

it would D... during the process
19:22:13

is there a way i can check? in the app there are many devices listed. what is the aircraft and what should the firmware be at?

if not latest firmware, it can't be started the motor
19:23:19
2015-1-4
Use props
rbarghini
lvl.1

United States

Ed,

After you connect the smart device (via the USB cable) to the remote controller and power it on, do you open up the DJI Pilot App before turning on the Inspire or?

Thanks

2015-1-4
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can check a log file on the sd card as well. On Windows show hidden files, in folder options . You will see a hidden directory called MISC, in side that folder there is a log folder, please go there and open the log file. See what failed if anyhting.
2015-1-5
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@rbarghini

I power on the Tx and open app up before I power on the craft.
2015-1-5
Use props
rbarghini
lvl.1

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-5 22:14
@rbarghini

I power on the Tx and open app up before I power on the craft.

Thanks Blade for your response.
2015-1-5
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

If memory serves the video on the Inspire tat was posted and was excellent by the way the version that you are running is displayed on the Pilot Program on your Tablet.
2015-1-5
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.1

United States

I should be getting my Inspire today(it's out for delivery).  I've already downloaded the latest firmware in anticipation.

Is it advisable to fully charge the transmitter and Inspire battery before doing the update, or can I do it with whatever juice is in there and then charge and be ready to fly?

Edit - Nevermind, just read the install instructions pdf and it says at least 50% battery is okay.
2015-1-5
Use props
admin
New

United States

I have a Macboo ...

I used my MAC and everything worked fine, unzip the file, it has a .bin file that you put in root directory of SD card
2015-1-5
Use props
admin
New

United States

ETDroneHome Posted at 2015-1-6 01:35
I should be getting my Inspire today(it's out for delivery).  I've already downloaded the latest fir ...

My eagerness got to me, that thing comes with just a little bit over 50% but I manage to get the upgrade in just fine, takes about 10min, moves slow, stays on 0% for a bit, sounds like a dotmatrix printer, but should have plenty of power on remote and inspire
2015-1-5
Use props
admin
New

United States

rbarghini Posted at 2015-1-5 09:19
Ed,

After you connect the smart device (via the USB cable) to the remote controller and power it  ...

Shouldnt matter, if nothing is on and the App is open, it just says "Disconnected"
2015-1-5
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.3

United States

For anyone still having issues, forget about the aircraft for a moment and update the controller.  I did so, went back to update the aircraft, and discovered that it was already up to date.

Two text files were on the Micro SD root directory.  One with a current time stamp that stated "Cancel", and one dated in 1980 that stated "Successful".

Everything works, and I took my maiden voyage 1 foot off of the kitchen floor for about a second.
2015-1-5
Use props
rbendjebar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

ultraturtle Posted at 2015-1-6 08:19
For anyone still having issues, forget about the aircraft for a moment and update the controller.  I ...

Sounds like the old Y2K issue, with the time dated 1980?! Ahhh, DJI!! Never a dull moment.
2015-1-5
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

new firmware the was released today updates with no error!
2015-1-5
Use props
travissrt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

My android app crashed several times while updating the firmware on the Inspire itself but the update completed successfully and motors fired right up.  Be sure to unlock motors in the app first or you will be freaking out when it doesn't start!
2015-1-6
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Remember you do not need to run the app to upgrade. You can always just listen to the tones. once you get da...dada it's done. It usually takes about 10-15mins for the main craft and another 5-10 for the TX
2015-1-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules