New Battery - Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gherd
lvl.2
United States

I purchased a new battery for my P3S.  When I went to fly, I received a message that a new firmware was available.  I am at the latest firmware but obviously the new battery is still a rev or 2 behind.  My question is, if I proceed with the firmware upgrade, will it upgrade the batteries firmware only or will it reapply the total firmware package?  How long will the process take>?

I searched the forum and found 1 article but when I clicked it I received a message that I am not authorized to access the post.

Thanks,

~G~
2016-1-28
Use props
z5.zonefive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24298 ft
United States

It will just do the battery.  watch the light on the camera.  It will flash green/red.  when it goes back to solid green and makes a dah dah dah noise you are done.  Truthfully I can't remember how long it takes.
2016-1-28
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

2-3 minutes. VERY quick.
2016-1-28
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2
United States

I also figured out that after I did the latest firmware update, that I needed to do that with each battery as well. I have the one battery that came with it and purchased two additional batteries.  Battery #1 was inside my P3. So, the next day,  I went to fly and then when I swapped out the batteries it told me I needed a battery firmware update. I came home, found some great advice in these forums and updated the other two batteries. :-)
2016-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules