Return Phantom in exchange for another one
3192 34 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

Hello.

I bought a Phantom 3 4K shortly and I really thought I am fine with the range of the drone.
Sadly, I am not now. I did not use it often, did just some flights last weekend, where I realized that the range is a little too short...                        Now I would like to give it back and get it exchanged by an Advanced model. Does anybody know if this is possible (there should be a return policy?!) and how to do it. Secondly I think that the copter has an issue anyway. Every third/fourth startup of my Phantom the gimbal starts to shake, visible in the video and directly on the gimbal, the camera is moving up and down some degrees very fast. I was already in contact wirh customer support but they told me I can't exchange it. But what if the gimbal problemis really hardware related? Any help is appreciated! The firmware update 1.2.10 did not help.
2016-1-29
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sure it depends on what date it was bought on and from where.  Some places have different exchange and return policies, call the place you bought it from and ask about their exchange/return policy.  
2016-1-29
Use props
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

I forgot to add it, it is from the official DJI online store.
2016-1-29
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

According to DJI's policy, you have 7 days to return it AND it must meet one of the requirements listed here: https://store.dji.com/help/return/policy

I always purchase my stuff from Bestbuy or Amazon, they have a no hassle, no question return policy and you have 30 days. Buying directly from the manufacturer with ANYTHING, they will always have strict return policies.
If it's past the 7 days then I think the only options you have are to keep it and deal with the range ( i think there may be range extenders you can buy for it though) or sell it and then buy the advance.
2016-1-29
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I usually buy from Amazon and B&H who have no hassle 30 day return policies.

I originally bought an Standard. After three weeks, I found out the same thing that you did which was that it was not quite cutting it for me. Contacted B&H, boxed it up, sent it back and got the Advanced.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are having issues with it, yes the Advance offers LOTS of features over the P3 4k except the 4k camera and I'm guessing that's why you now want to exchange.
Unfortunately the return/exchange is 7 days.
Since you are having vibration issues, if you can post a video of the shaky video and include that in the email and start a ticket and it will be repaired under warranty.
Also, post the video here for us to see that it is indeed unusable video.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

I purchase a Phantom 3 Professional the 28 of December last month and I have to send it  to repair all ready.

I never crash or hard landed or anything like that.

I am very discouraged with these drones because in a short time they are already malfunctioning. $ 1,260 thrown away.
2016-1-29
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Sorry to heard that  , it happen to me before  i get the standard and after 1 month of lots of issues with DJI i realize that i need more range and unfortunately i wasnt able to change the phantom
to advanced , so if you alredy use it for more than 7 days , the only way is to sell the 4k and get the advanced ,  or upgrade your quad  , that is what i did with the standard to get more range

2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 02:08
I purchase a Phantom 3 Professional the 28 of December last month and I have to send it  to repair a ...

I don't remember what issue you had, can you please explain it again. And it was a $1,260 thrown away., explain that too.
2016-1-29
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066804 ft
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 11:08
I purchase a Phantom 3 Professional the 28 of December last month and I have to send it  to repair a ...

I am very discouraged as well, I am about to do my 4th exchange at Bestbuy because I haven't been able to get one that is actually focused correctly. It seems DJI tried to pump these out for the holidays. One of the P3P that I have got from bestbuy had the cables at the top of the gimbal disconnected so I didn't get any video feed and couldn't update the firmware. I realized it was unplugged and then everything went fine except the images were blurry. The one I have now has extremely loud gimbal motors and the images on the right side of the screen and center are not in focus. I contacted dji tech chat and they said that it was due to the cold weather. I have only flown in 32 degrees F or warmer weather and the issue persists even with photos taken from inside my house. I was super excited about everything at first but now I just can't stomach the idea that I have 3 extra batteries and a backpack purchased for a quadcopter that I want to return because it isn't working as a "flying camera" . If I just returned it and got a DSLR i could get an amazing camera for $2000. I realize this camera is only 12mp but I can't even get clear photos from as close as 15 feet. I have tested from 15 feet to 150 feet and it is always out of focus and soft.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 13:26
I don't remember what issue you had, can you please explain it again. And it was a $1,260 thrown a ...

Well thrown away, because no body buy equipment for work to send it for repair just a couple days after you buy it. Hello.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 02:33
Well thrown away, because no body buy equipment for work to send it for repair just a couple days  ...

Understand, but if you send it in and not get anything back then you can say you through away $1,260. But if you got it back repaired, then you can't say that.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 13:41
Understand, but if you send it in and not get anything back then you can say you through away $1,2 ...

Ok, but I don't think nobody buy equipment to send it back to repair just a couple days after they got it. Is waste of money. Plus now I have to go to a FedEx office send the package and wait 1 month or 2 months for the package to arrive and who knows when is going to malfunction again.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 02:46
Ok, but I don't think nobody buy equipment to send it back to repair just a couple days after they ...

I understand that and I'm sorry, you happened to be one of the few that had issues from the start. And if your in the US, the turn around time is only a few weeks not months.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Sinisalo Posted at 2016-1-29 13:28
I am very discouraged as well, I am about to do my 4th exchange at Bestbuy because I haven't been  ...

I gonna sell my Phantom 3 Pro in ebay for $100.
2016-1-29
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 13:54

Let me know when you post it on ebay for $100, I'll buy it.

Have you landed the Quad in a high grass area? Did you land with the camera facing downwards?  If so that can cause a lot of issues with the camera and gimbal such as overloading the Gimbal motors or even cause the cable to come loose.

It sounds like a cable issue. There are multiple points that the cable attaches too. If it comes loose from any of these connections spots, you'll get the issue you are having. Also, the flat ribbon cable to very fragile and can tear easily. Sometime the tears are so small that they are not obvious.

Is the fan on the gimbal working? Did something get lodge in there (a blade of grass, etc) preventing it from spinning? If so that could cause the gimbal to over heat while the camera was on.
2016-1-29
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 13:54

Sorry you are so disappointed, but please do put it on eBay so we can all move on.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-29 14:53
Sorry you are so disappointed, but please do put it on eBay so we can all move on.

Yeah I will
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

dmcman73 Posted at 2016-1-29 14:23
Let me know when you post it on ebay for $100, I'll buy it.

Have you landed the Quad in a high gr ...

Is not a cable loose because the remote can control the gimbal up and down left and right when I turn on the Phantom and after like 5 seconds the gimbal goes to sleep. If it is a loose cable the remote will never control the gimbal what so ever.

Before the gimbal goes to sleep or numb the remore can control the gimbal for a couple seconds.

It is a software bug issue.

2016-1-30
Use props
Chris Kincade P
New

United States

My Phantom 3 Standard was brand new...Straight out of the box I couldnt get it to fly. When we turn it on it just beeps. I took it to the DJI store I bought it from and they had it for a week. I got it back yesterday and they said the firmware is bad and that DJI knows about the issue and are working to resolve it. Yet ive been talking to people from DJI customer service and they dont know of any issue with the firmware...Anyone know whats going on?
2016-1-30
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-1-30 20:48
Moving on is easy, just don't read the thread.
Problem solved.

That's easy for you to say. It's not about the thread or what the OP was asking. This guy comes on and hijacks nearly every thread whining about his problem.

How about if you just butt out?
2016-1-30
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-1-31 02:50
No need for the attitude, you feel you have a right to comment, well then so do I.
So far as " but ...

I send the unit to repair yesterday, hope to get it back soon so I can take some nice photos in Puerto Rico coast in March.

2016-1-31
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-2-1 00:29
Is ok don't worry above that, maybe he is the founder of this forum and was upset because he don't ...

Don't give up on it, it's a great bird and I've had many hours of enjoyment with mine.
There are a lot of horror stories out there ( edit - there are also a lot more success stories, but we never hear of too many of those here), but I'm sure once you get it back you'll be a happy Phantom owner.
Good luck
2016-1-31
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Australia

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-2-1 00:29
Is ok don't worry above that, maybe he is the founder of this forum and was upset because he don't ...

Looking forward to those pictures, I've been told by many people that Puerto Rico as absolutely beautiful .
2016-1-31
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-1-31 08:35
Don't give up on it, it's a great bird and I've had many hours of enjoyment with mine.
There are a ...

Thanks for your positive comment!

I was very upset because is not easy to buy a expensive drone and then not be able to use it just a couple days after.  But now is on his way to repair.
2016-1-31
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-1-31 02:50
No need for the attitude, you feel you have a right to comment, well then so do I.
So far as " but ...

You were the one who started with the attitude with "problem solved". You have no right intervening in my conversation with the other person and telling me what to do. And finally you have no idea of my level of education so please don't make assumptions and butt out.
2016-1-31
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-31 08:43
Thanks for your positive comment!

I was very upset because is not easy to buy a expensive drone  ...

Glad you finally saw that you had other options then selling it for $100 on eBay. I know it can be frustrating. Wait to see what happens and then you will either be flying high or getting rid of it. There is still time. I hope it works out for you.
2016-1-31
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-31 10:55
Glad you finally saw that you had other options then selling it for $100 on eBay. I know it can be ...

Thanks!

I just was very upset on the comments I wrote before,  I really like how stable and powerful the Phantom 3 Pro was on the air compare to other drone I was flying for a year.

I really like the Phantom 3 a lot I was upset because of what happened.
2016-1-31
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-1-31 13:53
"You have no right intervening in my conversation with the other person "
Is that not exactly what ...

That is not is not exactly what I did. It seems that since you really can't follow along using "butt out" is right about at your level. So, B.O.
2016-1-31
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-2-1 01:00
Did you have to use a dictionary for that one?
P.S
HAVE..............A..............NICE.......... ...

Ok, you win. You can be the forum Nanny and make sure you tell me how to behave.

Baby is going to sleep now.

Nighty night!
2016-2-1
Use props
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

Please stop cluttering this thread! Thank you
2016-2-2
Use props
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 19:07
I'm sorry you are having issues with it, yes the Advance offers LOTS of features over the P3 4k exce ...

Yes I can show you the videos I get from my drone. Here is the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qdbdekn5pq555bv/AACnpPWBLaNLZgoEt09s_diXa?dl=0

I actually have two issues now. One is the still shaking gimbal every third startup and another one since last week that the video is stopping during recording but neither the app shows that it is stopped nor the video itself stops. It still captures, but its all frozen...
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

lukasphantom Posted at 2016-2-3 02:41
Yes I can show you the videos I get from my drone. Here is the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox. ...

Have you done a gimbal calibration?
And I will forward your info to EU support and they will contact you. What is your email?
Or have you have started a ticket them already ?
2016-2-2
Use props
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

Hello, yes I did a gimbal calibration and also a IMU calibration, which was not possible before FW 1.2.10 but both did not help. Yes the ticket is already made, I am already in contact with support! Thanks.
2016-2-2
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Australia

lukasphantom Posted at 2016-2-3 05:37
Please stop cluttering this thread! Thank you

My apologies mate, allowed myself to get drawn in.
I'll delete them.
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules