Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
problems with updating the range extender
1234Next >
15357 131 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thepoho
lvl.1

Australia

Best i've gotten so far from the chat line.  My main takeaways are that maybe a fix might come from DJI, or you can send it away and they will fix it for you...

---

Hello, welcome to our Website ! How can I help you ?

---

Hi
I am in Australia, and I have a problem with my Phantom Vision 2
The wifi range extender is broken after a firmware update from the app

---

12:09:22
Hi , Peter . Did you buy it from dealers or DJI Store ?

---

DJI store
12:17:07
hello?

----

12:20:32
Our R&D has already known this problem and they are working on it .

----

Thank you
do you know how long it will take?
12:28:45
hello?

----

12:33:41
If you don't feel comfortable to wait , you can send it to us for further analysis .

----

How long will i have to wait? It has been broken for 3 weeks now.

----

12:35:31
R&D are working on it , If you don't feel comfortable to wait , please send it to us . Thank you !
2016-2-17
Use props
scott.kelli
lvl.1

United States

My recommendation would be to send it to them. At this point, I'm not sure how they would be able to provide a user-installed fix when we have no way of connecting to the range extender in the first place.
2016-2-18
Use props
psycocavr
lvl.1

United States

Android phone app.
The Wifi extender says Updating, then off to fly.
It flys normally but I lose video (streaming) at a short distance away.
I stop streaming and some times it comes back, some times not.  later on I see the video i took normally on the sd card.
I never seem to lose telemetry just streaming video.  I'm going to talk to my Drone Teacher tonight, get feedback, then see what to do next.
Only flown once since them. will see how it works this weekend.

PC

2016-2-19
Use props
skyline_g35
lvl.1

United States

So we lost range huh?
2016-2-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

There is/was a glitch it seems with Android especially, DJI are quiet in this, they respond to other posts here but seem to be ignoring it.
Someone else needs to step up to the plate and make some noise before the noise of  all the p2 owners are drowned!
2016-2-19
Use props
TomWolves
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2016-1-31 12:25
Update:
I just turned on my Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet which I have not used for several months. It u ...

jonnied2010. I have a P2V+ and a Phantom3 Adv., I have never had any problems updating it at all, as I recall the Phantom2 Vision Plus use to have all kinds of problems with updates. When a update came out for the P2V+ I use to wait for a couple of months before I updated to see how many folks had problems, and there was a lot!....lol  with the P3Adv, I still wait to see how updates go, DJI as a bad record, but I will say they are getting better or so I thought!
2016-2-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

DJI
Where are you at with a resolution to the problem of bricked range extenders.

Please advise
2016-2-20
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.4

United States

North, I think they don't have a clue about how to fix their screw up.
2016-2-21
Use props
rick.welsh
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here.  Phantom 2 Vision+ Ver. 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running 5.0.1
Got a message to update the RE.  Lost video feed to phone.  Still takes pics and video to the sd card.
I can connect to the wifi generated by the phantom.  I had a hard landing last fall and tweeked the gimbal mount.  Ordered a whole new camera, swapped it and everything worked fine.

Has anyone bought a new wifi extender?  $190 is a lot of money but may be easier than waiting on DJI.

Thanks-
2016-2-22
Use props
scott.kelli
lvl.1

United States

I've heard of others that have bought used range extenders from eBay, and that fixed the issue. I sent my camera and extender in and had it repaired. It's supposed to be shipped back this week. I will update and let everyone know if it works. As far as I know, this is the only way to get it repaired, as DJI doesn't appear to be offering any other user-installed solutions.
2016-2-23
Use props
david.ivey20
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 21:19
Thanks for your feedback here! Our engineers  are working on a solution, right now.
I'll keep you u ...

Just wondering where engineers are with a fix? You said you would keep us updated and that was over 3 weeks ago.
P2V+ VER 3.14
RANGE EXTENDER RE700
APP VER. 1.0.60 (now has updated to 1.0.61)
MOTOROLA NEXUS 6
ANDROID OS 6.01
2016-2-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

according to DJI Dave they are still supporting the P2 per DJI Dave here....http://forum.dji.com/thread-42644-1-1.html
though they have a very crappy way of showing it.

DJI, i get that you are all about announcing the new P4 but why have you been so absent to respond to this issue as it has been ongoing for nearly a couple of months now.

For you to say that you are not abandoning the P2 but to be virtually ignoring the issue with nothing of value in the way of a response sends another message!
2016-2-24
Use props
skyline_g35
lvl.1

United States

Alright, so I never tried the Android OS DJI 1.0.60 debacle and I was really unsure of whether or not to try 1.0.61, but I bit the bullet and gave it a shot. It never attempted to update my WiFi Extender and I flew for a few minutes and it flew great and the link was stable. So for me, 1.0.61 is solid. This is great news for those not sure if 1.0.61 is safe
2016-2-24
Use props
Longshots
lvl.1

United States

This is total crap!!  We spend $2000, they F it up with a crappy update and then we're supposed to just buy another one or cancel more jobs for the next 2 weeks?  Sorry DJI, once mine is fixed its going on EBAY CHEAP and I,m done with you.
2016-2-27
Use props
psycocavr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tim.. where is the support?  You bricked our stuff, do we need to have a class action suit to get our WiFi extenders fixed?
2016-3-1
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

psycocavr Posted at 2016-3-2 02:52
DJI Tim.. where is the support?  You bricked our stuff, do we need to have a class action suit to ge ...

I'm in the black screen club too after updating my software - and nothing but helpless answers from DJI after waiting weeks for their reply.

Just saw they have a new DJI 4 out - it's NOT gonna land in my garden for sure! Yuneec is coming up with their Typhoon H model soon and everyone writes a lot about their good customer service.

((  Now just waiting for DJI to delete my post!! ))
2016-3-1
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

The people of DJI must be absolutely nuts! I have the black screen problem too, I have been asked to do hours of ridicules updates that don't work and waiting weeks for reply. Finally I ask to send it to them for repair. Some person named Blair.Tang send me an email to state to send copy of the original invoice to him before returning it. 5 minutes later I get a mail saying "Your request (173062) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.". And further "thanks for the info,. It is okay Kindly note the aircraft is out of warranty period".

So DJI broke the thing with their software update and now running away like chickens not being responsible for their wrong doings. UNBELIVEABLE!
2016-3-3
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

scott.kelli@com Posted at 2016-2-15 17:40
I would recommend calling DJI directly.  After calling their number in California, they provided me  ...

I'm Danish, live in Thailand, bought it in China and the DJI tech just told me the warranty is out. NEVER will I buy a product from them with this kind of irresponsible service no matter how good the product is.
2016-3-3
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.4

United States

I'm with ya man.
2016-3-4
Use props
rick.welsh
lvl.1

So I got a new range extender, went thru binding.  Still black screen.  Camera functions, but no fpv to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 android device.  Very disappointed with DJI.
2016-3-4
Use props
Vitão
New

Brazil

Nothing yet?!

Overpay in equipment you think is cutting edge and from a serious company and nothing now. No solution or answer.

I am unable to work for months.
2016-3-5
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.4

United States

DJI left us in the dust with this one.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 14:26
Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
1. Aircraft model
2. A ...

Same problem with IOS
Aircraft - p2v+ ver,2
Firmware - 3.8
Mobile device model - Ipad mini 3 and iPhone 5s
Mobile device operation system - IOS 9.2.1
DJI Vision App Version - 1.0.56
2016-3-10
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.4

United States

This site has all the presious versions of the DJI GO App, if you want to run an older version.

http://www.androidapps.biz/app/dji.pilot
2016-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

snowsurferss Posted at 2016-3-11 01:49
This site has all the presious versions of the DJI GO App, if you want to run an older version.

htt ...

Thanks snow but it is snowgood for the Phantom 2's..they do not use a go ap...
2016-3-10
Use props
skippy2k
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
All this talk of bricking the wifi extender is scaring the crap out of me!
I have only used my P2V+ about 4 times. I need it for my daughters wedding in a few weeks time.
I have not used it for some months but noticed the app is now on version 1.0.61 (Android)
I have downloaded the APK for 1.0.58 just in case.
So can I assume that if I power everything up, will 1.0.61 ask to force an update or was that 1.0.60 only?

Is the Litchi app worth a risk instead?

Just scared to switch the bloody thing on!

I am glad that my drone was a gift because after reading all these posts, no way will I invest any of my hard earned money in an amateur company like DJI!!

Yes things go wrong, that is where the support comes in.
If there is no support then that company will eventually fade away as word of their lack of support gets around and customer go elsewhere.
DJI, this is your chance to put things right before its too late!

Skip

*EDIT*
Right, I took the plunge and switched it all on and I was not asked to update the extender.
I have a video feed and all looks the same as it was last time I used it.
I have not been outside with it yet and need to fully charge the battery.
Will post again with the results of a flight.
Fingers crossed x

Skip
2016-3-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

skippy2k@btinte Posted at 2016-3-16 19:05
Hi,
All this talk of bricking the wifi extender is scaring the crap out of me!
I have only used my P ...

Skip,
Sounds like you might be one of the lucky ones, hopefully all is good/was good and stays good for your daughters wedding...and congrat's on that...
Let us know how it turns out and please post some picts of the wedding....can't wait to see it...
2016-3-16
Use props
duritsch22
lvl.1

United States

How do you turn off auto updates on the DJI vision app. I have not used my V+ since last fall. Now i'm afraid to turn it on.  I'm not sure what version FW I have as I bought used and not long after I bought the V+ , I bought a P3P and the 2V+ is collecting dust on a shelf. I want to start flying the V+ but things look kinda bleak as it looks like DJI has all but abandoned  the V+.
2016-3-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

duritsch22 Posted at 2016-3-19 22:42
How do you turn off auto updates on the DJI vision app. I have not used my V+ since last fall. Now i ...

duritsch,
What i do is this...
On my phone/tablet, i have auto updates turned off, each ios/android has a feature for that, google it and should be simple, ie. i have iOS and i have not updated the Vision ap since last fall on my iOS and all is running fine.
Now, on my PC, same thing, you can go in and turn on/off auto updates, however, it you do not have this done before launching the Vision Assistant, be careful you may be too late,..worst case, just disconnect your PC from the internet while you are checking things out....
What i did was have the software on an older laptop and i just leave it disconnected from the internet as all it does for me us the Phantom updates/calibrations and iTunes back-ups.
2016-3-20
Use props
johncamp
lvl.1

The Vision App told me to update the range extender, but this was about 10 weeks ago. I had to leave the country on business, and I have returned to find I am having this problem. DJI having any success with a fix? My range is not good for getting telemetry although the P2 itself flies normally in all respects. It is of course useless without dependable wifi connection. I can wait for a solution, but I really don't want to have to trash this unit in part or in total.

For DJI
P2 Vision+
Firmware Version 3.14
Samsung Note 4
Android 5.1.1
DJI Vision App 1.0.61

2016-3-25
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

johncamp@divete Posted at 2016-3-25 15:54
The Vision App told me to update the range extender, but this was about 10 weeks ago. I had to leave ...

To all of you who had your drone fired by the Range Extender update, look at this rubbish reply I got from DJI after spending tons of money and time sending it to Hong Kong for repair:

For your case CAS-89692-J9Z4N8, there are some problem with the camera both no videl sign and DM368 damaged after aircraft have been hitted slightly.
Of course we will arrange repair for free if the product problem in warranty peroid .So sorry that this is a chargeable case.Please kindly note.Thanks for your understanding.Thanks

...oh, so apparently my drone had an accident exactly at the same time the Range Extender update came out and I now have to pay them more than a 100 USD for both parts, labor and tarnsport to get it fixed! I'm not shy of calling these people a bunch of lying bastards even this post getting deleted for my use of language.

No more DJI!
2016-3-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

United States

DJI,
Have you lost your marbles?
What the heck are you doing with all these folks that put out a large sum on their flying camera that is now a flailing convalescent?

Your response to this extender gate or range gate is b/s!..

Please advise.
2016-3-30
Use props
nagyattila287
New

Hungary

I have been waiting for the solution. But in last 10 weeks nothing happened!!!

P2 Vision+ V3
Firmware Version 3.14
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android 5.0
DJI Vision App 1.0.61

Anybody can help us?!
2016-3-30
Use props
capdevila.marc
New

Switzerland

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 08:26
Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
1. Aircraft model
2. A ...

The same happend to me today:

1. phantom 2 vision plus  model no. PV331
2. MAIN CONTROLLER V 3.14
3. SONY ZPERIA Z3
4. APP VERSION 1.0.61

had to cancel all my Work today!
Thanks for quick solution, its needed!
2016-4-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

DJI,
Have you resolved to not resolve this "bricking issue"?
I truly cannot believe that you did this,

Kill the roots, kill the tree!, why would anyone having this problem and seeing their investment basically obliterated ever want to come back and spend any more money with you....
Obviously the Billionaire Club has fogged your judgement and you really do not give a crap about your customers as you have had no response to support anyone on this in quite a while...
2016-4-5
Use props
johncamp
lvl.1

Regarding the loss of range with my wifi after a forced update to the extender, I opened a help ticket yesterday, and the response from DJI today was to re-bind the range extender.
2016-4-5
Use props
BWJ
First Officer

Denmark

Here you can find all previous software versions http://droneslinger.com/software.html
2016-4-6
Use props
johncamp
lvl.1

Re-binding the extender seems to have doubled the range. Now I can get out to about 400 to 450 feet before losing the video feed. Still half the original range.
2016-4-6
Use props
rick.welsh
lvl.1

So does this entire issue scream class action lawsuit??
2016-4-8
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

rick.welsh@nyca Posted at 2016-4-9 02:48
So does this entire issue scream class action lawsuit??

Indeed it does - I send my drone for repair for same issue. Guess what, got the message it was my own fault, they said I had and accident and thats why videosignal broke. They say I have to pay money, but don't wan't to return the parts for further investigation or even talk about the 1.60 upgrade. LET'S SUE DJI!
2016-4-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules