Show us Screenshots from Dji Go App About
4104 16 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Upload you're screenshot of your firmware and installed app version.
Let's see what you're running.
IMG_0059.PNG

2016-1-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Does it have to b e a screenshot?  I don't start the Go app unless it is absolutely necessary.  P3P-A: FW 1.5 P3P-B: FW 1.4 RC: 1.5 Go: 2.4.3
2016-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I feel exactly the same way, starting the Go App for no good reason. My particular beef, is all that spyware and websites it connects to, for nothing at all, other than being snoopy... Mine are all up to date..
App version  2.5.1
Aircraft version  1.6.40
RC version. 1.5.70
Anyway, I was mildly bothered when I read about this,
From another forum:
Ever wonder what your GO app really connects to on the Internet when you run it? One user used Wireshark to find out using the GO iOS app (2.5.1). With the coming GEO fencing implementation, this is worth a read.

He installed a device firewall to block all unnecessary communication between the GO app and the outside world and has flown 10 flights so far with no issues and full access to the maps. (Note you need to Jailbreak your device to install a firewall app (i.e. from Cydia like Firewall IP) that filters all app traffic to do this.)

These are all the connections the app tries to make (outside of those you need for maps).

•mydjiflight.dji.com

•newrelic.com - app analytics

•djistatic.com

•flurry.com - Mobile analytics company

•conf.international.baidu.com

•baidu.com

•qbox.me (via qbox.wscdns.com)

•upgrade.dj2006.net

•pingma.qq.com

•u.dji.com

•acbe.aasky.net -type this one in a browser for a nice scare.

•tpns.qq.com

•dds.dji.com

•pilotv2.djivideos.com

•active.dji.com

•m.dji.com

•djicdn.com

www.skypixel.com

•djiexplore.com

•flysafe-api.dji.com - LOL registered to Perfect Privacy LLC

You can block these by using the pure domains but listed them for completeness.

Hope you get an ear and eye full...

RedHotPoker
2016-1-29
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-29 21:05
I feel exactly the same way, starting the Go App for no good reason. My particular beef, is all that ...

That's actually quite shocking...what are the downsides to jailbreaking an iPad?
2016-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Shocking, only just shocking? Eh, that is spying and in some countries considered espionage and illegal.
But back to reality, who are we dealing with?
If more folks knew, they would be high tailing it, to a different brand, all together...

Shameful...

RedHotPoker
2016-1-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

A good number of those sites are actually DJI sites, so I don't see much of an issue there. But the ones that are not DJI are a bit of a worry. But it won't do them any good in my case, as my Air 2 is only used for flying the Phantom and carries no other information.
2016-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

While it irks the beejeezus out of me, I too have an iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular, solely for thee ultimate in Phantom 3 Pro', drone experience.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-29 16:59
A good number of those sites are actually DJI sites, so I don't see much of an issue there. But the  ...

While I don't use iOS for flying, my non-iOS device is used solely for the purpose of flying and the only app installed is my flying app - Litchi.  I have another non-iOS device that is used for nothing other than DJI Go app.  Both of these are set to not update anything - apps or system stuff.  The tablet I fly with is only connected when I need to cache maps.

I like the way my quad flies.  Dedicated devices is a good way to keep control of content in my opinion.
2016-1-29
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-29 16:05
I feel exactly the same way, starting the Go App for no good reason. My particular beef, is all that ...

I have installed the Firewall IP on my Ipad air 2 and blocked all connections to the GO app... Adds much peace of mind.
of course you'll need to be Jailbroken and have installed cydia in order to get the firewall ip app...

Having that firewall is a great way to prevent any attempt to prompt me to update/upgrade.
2016-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

We shouldn't have to be forced, to jail break our devices, to reclaim our personal privacy.
Would love to hear some genuine and sincere feedback from the @DJI boys on this intrusion...

RedHotPoker
2016-1-29
Use props
j30trouble
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

Just turn off automatic updates in your apps and turn on airplane mode if you do not want the DJI Go app to connect to anything via wifi or cellular.
2016-1-29
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Anyone tried this on Android yet?
2016-1-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I actually have only ever used my iOS devices to fly, from day one...
& eventually restored my jailbroke iPad 3, back to normal functionality.

RedHotPoker

2016-1-30
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry to poke this old topic but redhotpoker I made a github with the links you found will do some more sniffing and update them:
https://github.com/nivong/DJI-GO ... ob/master/README.md
2016-7-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hi @nivong, eh thanks bud, that would be a mucho gracias, Señor.
I was wondering who or why this topic got revamped? Haha

It was fun, for me, to reread this whole page again.
Not sure what gave you the idea to actually do this, but good for you... Thanks for the heads up.
It only seems right, to be flying our drones in Airplane mode, anyway. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-7-7
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

nivong Posted at 2016-7-7 13:43
Sorry to poke this old topic but redhotpoker I made a github with the links you found will do some more sniffing and update them:
https://github.com/nivong/DJI-GO-Spam-link-ad-blocker/blob/master/README.md

Any updates to this?
2017-5-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

nivong Posted at 2016-7-7 13:43
https://github.com/nivong/DJI-GO-Spam-link-ad-blocker/blob/master/README.md

What's up? Did you find out any more info? Or did you forget about it....ha

RedHotPoker

2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules