Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Fly Zone
2497 9 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markdoeshair
lvl.2
United States

DJI.  I unlocked my Inspire 1 for an authorized zone today but it didnt work.  In fact. The airport is listed as authorized zone but when I fly its a red restricted zone?  What am I missing?
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

To unlock authorization zones you need to be using the 2.4.4 GEO Beta app and 1.7 firmware on your aircraft.And the app is currently only available for Android and you have to download it from here.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-1-31
Use props
decooper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-31 22:26
To unlock authorization zones you need to be using the 2.4.4 GEO Beta app and 1.7 firmware on your a ...

Ken - I just posted this same info as a SUPPORT TICKET on the DJITECH site.  Not sure if you have access to it, but thought I'd post here to see if I can get some feedback from those that have cracked the code.  Basically, I'm on the edge of  NFZ and looking how to get the rotors turning and ran across your response above.

I've just added a DJI P3P to my inventory and after thorough pre-flight and preparing my setup I was disappointed to find I'm on the edge of a NFZ.  Research of the subject leads me to believe that I can get to the 'rotors turning' part of utilizing my P3P at the house, but 'how to' is very unclear.  I'm not looking for a work around --- just a place where DJIs official answer on how to utilize the existing "unlock authorization zones".  Info listed here - http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system is useful to understand DJIs issue with safety of the skies vs use by its customer base.  The online flight planner request (Advance Unlocking)  is pretty self-explantory, but I'm not sure what the GO APP or FIRMWARE actually should be???  Supposedly what I have loaded is the latest -- but do I need to add (update) to the beta versions? [
DJI GO APP (Android Beta Version)  / Beta Firmware for Android Only ]  I assume so --- but if thats the case to be in the BETA test group -- it might be worth listing capabilities that would be lost or gained verse the current versions.

Additionally --- the TECH SPT Reps need to be informed of what is on the DJI page and DJIs GEO FENCING initiative.  The first rep I spoke to earlier today - was absolutely incorrect with his response to my issue.  I tried several times to repose my question to get a solution, but it was apparent --- there is a training gap the supervisors need to address

IF this ticket is actually going to be utilized I have a couple other notes:
- Using advance unlock, the S/N help on webpage either is inaccurate or my GO APP doesn't display properly. Help/hint for S/N says "Your serial number can be found in DJI GO > General Settings > About" .  When I look in the app it just shows versions of software NOT  the S/N
- Speaking of Serial Numbers --- it might be prudent to give the user a HINT of what the number should start with , ie, for P3Ps they will start with "P76" or similar . . .
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

decooper Posted at 2016-2-20 04:47
Ken - I just posted this same info as a SUPPORT TICKET on the DJITECH site.  Not sure if you have  ...

Try these instructions below. Also if you want it on an IOS device you can email Beta@DJI.com

Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall.
Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app: Go to DJI Geo webpage http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Click on Android Beta Version APK, Agree to terms and it will then download
Go to  My Files, in Recent files click on the DJI app icon and it may say “Install Blocked” click on settings (if you get a different error then go to settings and scroll down to “Lock Screen and Security” Under Unknown sources slide the button to ON. Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open.

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link. (only available for the P3 Pro/Advanced and Inspire. MAKE SURE TO INSTALL THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR AIRCRAFT.
When you get to the flying site, if it’s an Authorization Zone you can unlock providing a credit card or mobile phone number (using cell will send you a text message with a code)
You can also unlock from home ahead of time by using the map page and you can unlock up to 30 zones and they will be unlocked for 72 hours.  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-2-19
Use props
decooper
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-19 14:08
Try these instructions below. Also if you want it on an IOS device you can email Beta@DJI.com

thx . . . I'll give it a go !  (no thx on the iOS tip --- Trump just called for a boycott !!  -- thats in jest BTW   )
2016-2-19
Use props
decooper
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ken - installs went well.  I added the authorization areas online (rec'd VERIFIED status), but the APP still wants to go through request authorization process --- then gives me "area is not eligible to be unlocked" error.  Is there a means to report this --- or have someone troubleshoot the issue?
2016-2-19
Use props
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

decooper Posted at 2016-2-19 18:48
Ken - installs went well.  I added the authorization areas online (rec'd VERIFIED status), but the A ...

I'm having the same problem. I just bought my Inspire 1 Pro bundle for $5300, the DJI Go advance unlocking app worked the first day I received the Inspire (5 days ago), and the next day on forward it no longer works. I keep getting "this area is no eligible for unlocking". I drove 25 miles away from Washington DC and I still get the same error. Now I'm stuck with an Inspire 1 Pro , $5300 bill and I can't use it. This is so bad, I've never spent so much money on something I can't use. I just don't understand how I was able to unlock my area the fist day I received the Inspire 1 Pro, and the very next day I couldn't.  What does one do in my situation?
2016-2-20
Use props
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

rich3759@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-20 23:39
I'm having the same problem. I just bought my Inspire 1 Pro bundle for $5300, the DJI Go advance u ...

Problem resolved!!!
The DJI GO GEO beta app is broken, it is incorrectly displaying no fly zones that are 4x bigger than what they should be. I uninstalled the beta app and downloaded the DJI GO app from the app market on my cell phone and I was able to fly again...I'm so happy! I only had to drive 15 minutes away from my house to fly, but the DJI beta app told me I would have to drive 1 hour 30 minutes away from home to fly.

Man I had so much fun flying tonight, thank you DJI!
2016-2-21
Use props
kjetil.rustenbe
New

Norway

Hi Dji! We are going to participate in an exercise together with EMS, police and the fire department here in Norway. We are profesional operators, and have all the required certifications needed. The problem is that its situated at the local airport, and thats marked as a restricted zone. We also operate other drones (Align M480L), but would prefer to use dji- equipment for this assignment. I have got your invitation to join the Geo- fencing project, but no project invitation shows up on my user, other than the OSMO Beta Testing... Can you please help me solve this. Time is running out, and I really need this fixed as soon as possible
2016-2-26
Use props
decooper
Second Officer
  • >>>

kjetil.rustenbe Posted at 2016-2-26 18:34
Hi Dji! We are going to participate in an exercise together with EMS, police and the fire department ...

any1 that watched/participated on this thread still have a copy of the 2.2.4 Beta APP APK ?  If so, pls message me
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules