Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No sound with new Rode mic on Osmo
3166 10 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy
lvl.1

United States

Nothing happens when this mic is connected, no meters, no nothing.  The mic works fine when connected to my Canon but NOTHING on the Osmo.  What gives?
2016-1-29
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

have you checked MIC is switched ON ?
2016-1-29
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

And what cable are you using? There typically is two cables for Rode. One is meant for mobile devices (it has 3 tripes on the plug). That kind of cable doesn't work with the Osmo
2016-1-29
Use props
andy
lvl.1

United States

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-1-29 21:06
have you checked MIC is switched ON ?

There is no power switch on the Mic nor is there a Mic on/off that I can find in the app.  Are you referring to something else?
2016-1-31
Use props
andy
lvl.1

United States

sdchew Posted at 2016-1-30 00:28
And what cable are you using? There typically is two cables for Rode. One is meant for mobile device ...

I'm using the only cable that came with it and it has two stripes.  This is the one shown on the DJI site (Rode - VideoMicro) and that's where I bought it from.  This cable also functioned just fine on my Canon so I don't believe that it's a cable issue.
2016-1-31
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

andy@bottomline Posted at 2016-1-31 16:39
There is no power switch on the Mic nor is there a Mic on/off that I can find in the app.  Are you ...

Hello @andy

Have you checked this out in you GO App?

Camera settings inside the Cameraview

or in General Settings that one?

Greetings - Mike
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Do you mean that you can not hear any sound when checking the audio or video in Playback? Have you check it in Library? or maybe you can download your video directly from the SD card to your PC and test if the sound has been recorded.
2016-1-31
Use props
andy
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-1-31 20:14
Do you mean that you can not hear any sound when checking the audio or video in Playback? Have you c ...

I mean that there is no audio being recorded.  On the bottom of the screen when recording there is a microphone icon next to the audio meters and nothing ever registers on those meters and when I play the video back, either in the app or on my Mac, there is no audio, as in none, no sound, nothing recorded.
2016-2-1
Use props
andy
lvl.1

United States

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-1-31 18:14
Hello @andy

Have you checked this out in you GO App?

Yes I did, many times, everything is on and the volume is maxed out...and yet there is no sound when the external mic is connected.  If I don't connect the mic then all is well, but with the mic - nada.  And the mic works just fine on my other camera.
2016-2-1
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

okay, it was worth to give a try.
Sorry, but i would ask the Dealer where you bought it.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

andy@bottomline Posted at 2016-2-1 22:56
Yes I did, many times, everything is on and the volume is maxed out...and yet there is no sound wh ...

Have you check it in the SD card directly? You can unplug the SD card of the Osmo, using a SD card reader and insert them into your PC to check if the audio works. In addition, have you checked the Library in DJI GO App?? Another way to test if it's the problem of Osmo itself, you can try to record without any external Mic but with the built-in Mic.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules