3217 24 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need some collective thinking/help. S1000, Z15-GH3, Lightbridge, iOSD. I updated all firmware/assistants except the GCU on the gimbal to the latest versions including the iOSD.  I lost video. (took iOSD off, still no video) LB air is green for flight, red for video. Updated GCU to latest version, no video so went back to 1.4 because of the known problem. Replaced the LB air cable to GCU, replaced that small plug cable from bottom of gimbal to the GH3 (jack cable),. Went through a series of output trials i.e. 1080i, 1080p, auto, 720 etc...none work...initialized gimbal, replaced av cable with HDMI cable still no video (red led video on LB air). Since there isnt much left to do, has anyone had the LB air video side go bad? Does anyone know if theres a way to test it? Any feedback would be appreciated...I usually have been able to figure out the problem but this one has me stumped.
2015-1-3
Use props
ragutierrezr
lvl.1

Chile

hola, espero me puedan ayudar, en español, compre un phantom 2 y  DJI AVL58 FPV System (TX + RX + Antenna), pero se ve con lineas.
que puedo hacer para mejorar el video y que se vea como el video DEMO ???
muchas gracias.
2015-1-8
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Have the video ever comes out before or
remain no video after your setup the system?
2015-1-9
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-9 16:34
Have the video ever comes out before or
remain no video after your setup the system?

Yes I had video..updated  firmware and lost video, took the GH3 GCU back down to V1.4 still no video.
2015-1-10
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-1-11 06:39
Yes I had video..updated  firmware and lost video, took the GH3 GCU back down to V1.4 still no vid ...

Have you upgraded both LB air and ground side?
2015-1-11
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-12 12:02
Have you upgraded both LB air and ground side?

Yes, both air/ground, A2 and iOSD
2015-1-12
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

What are you trying to display video on? the newest updated enabled HDCP which causes problems for some people.
Also the app should probably be used first when turning on the LB to make sure everything is good (signal diag) and then unplug and switch to HDMI. With the newest update, my Black Pearl doesn't display anything from the LB... app works fine though other than getting the loading symbol for the video often. I'm upgrading to circular wireless antennas hoping it will mitigate the interference/signal problems.
2015-1-16
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I cant get the video led on LB to turn green..It was working..have 2 different android tablets and an HDMI monitor..like I said it was all working then did a firmware update and lost video...downgraded the Z15 GCU to 1.4, still no video, HDMI direct from LB to GH3, no video..I now looking to see if its a camera issue
2015-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-1-21 03:47
I cant get the video led on LB to turn green..It was working..have 2 different android tablets and a ...

Have been power off during the LB's updating?
2015-1-21
Use props
dennismurry08.e
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-1-22 15:39
Have been power off during the LB's updating?

HI Jackson, yes I power off and back on when prompted by the assistant...but not powering on/off in the middle of the update .... only when its complete on each of the components...This has been an ongoing problem for us who have the GH3...but usually downgrading the Zenmuse GCU to V1.4 give us video back...not this time. All components are at the latest version.
2015-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
China

dennismurry08.e Posted at 2015-1-25 05:28
HI Jackson, yes I power off and back on when prompted by the assistant...but not powering on/off i ...

Hi,dennismurry.

Could you please upload videos for us to confirm and analyse? Or try with another Z15 Gimbal in order to find out which part cause this situation.
2015-1-26
Use props
dennismurry08.e
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-1-26 19:50
Hi,dennismurry.

Could you please upload videos for us to confirm and analyse? Or try with another ...

Thanks Jackson...I have the camera apart replacing the HDMI board..when I get it back together I will film. But I dont have another Z15-GH-3 gimbal...I can tell you that it isnt the gimbal with a GH3..the gimbal performs perfectly. It all happens every time DJI comes out with an update which makes us GH3 owners loose video from the LightBridge air unit...red led on the video but green on flight. We all downgrade the GCU to V 1.4 and usually get video back. But this time I updated all firmware and lost video again then I down graded back to V 1.4 and still no video. I think all of us GH3 owners have this problem...I will film when I get the camera back on
2015-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
China

dennismurry08.e Posted at 2015-1-28 08:46
Thanks Jackson...I have the camera apart replacing the HDMI board..when I get it back together I w ...

Thanks you, too. You might link another camera ( just like gopro 3 ) to the HDMI port of LB air unit with a HDMI cable to see if ground station can get videos.
2015-1-28
Use props
dennismurry08.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jackson, I put a new GH3 camera on the gimbal. All components are updated including the Z15 GCU. Red LED on the Lightbridge air but green on controls. I backed the GCU down to V 1.4 and have video and both LEDS are green. There is something in the DJI firmware that conflicts with the GH3 gimbal GCU. It all started back with the GCU V1.8 I believe...thats the version where DJI said to update but it was really for the GH4 gimbal and all of us who have GH3's immediately lost video. Collectively and after much frustration we figured out that by downgrading the GCU to V1.4 get video back. I think I speak for all of us who own the GH3 gimbals that we would really like a fix to this problem. Thank you Jackson
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

dennismurry08.c Posted at 2015-2-5 01:39
Jackson, I put a new GH3 camera on the gimbal. All components are updated including the Z15 GCU. Red ...

Hi, I will test and reply you later. Thanks !
2015-2-5
Use props
info.clubdrift
lvl.2

United States

How can I get the software to downgrade back to 1.4?  We flip the shutter switch and lose video transmission from our GH3. Chuck@usuavacademy.com
2015-2-7
Use props
dennismurry08.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

info.clubdrift Posted at 2015-2-8 08:55
How can I get the software to downgrade back to 1.4?  We flip the shutter switch and lose video tran ...

sent you an email
2015-2-7
Use props
dennismurry08.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jackson..have you been able to test yet? I also should mention that this firmware has a random "wiggle" in it where the camera just does some sort of wiggle for no reason...its quite frustrating when filming. The version above 1.4 was suppose to fix that...but as I said if you upgrade you lose video...awaiting your findings. Thanks.
2015-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
Yes, I have tested  and found everything works fine not only in 1.4 version but also in 2.4 version. Did you connect GCU to LB air unit with Gimbal Video Power Cable ?

20150212161119.png
2015-2-12
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

1. How about the light on the gimbal when you connected the LB?
2. Expect the LB, did you try to connect the gimbal to 5.8G video downlink to see if there is any output?
2015-2-12
Use props
dennismurry08.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can you verify you are testing a Z15-GH3? V2.4 does not transmit video through LightBridge. Downgrading back to V1.4 gives me video back. Cathy, when using V1.4 everything is green...when using V2.4 the air Lightbridge video LED is red and the gimbal is red. Flight control is green. I use to use 5.8 video and yes everything worked fine...its been since the Lightbridge upgrade that was suppose to fix the "wiggle" has the LightBridge video above V1.4 stopped sending video. Jackson, yes everything is connected correctly...I have tried 2 different GCU's and have the same exact results. There are several other users with the same exact problem...heres the link on this forum but start from the last page and go backwards as it addresses this topic as I'm explaining.http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-2-12
Use props
dennismurry08.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

***UPDATE*** I got a little help from a good guy in Austrailia, the AUX1 was mapped to Apperture. Aux1 needs to be assigned to a channel and switch that is in the OFF position. The weird part was in the Lightbridge assistant it showed AUX1 assigned to the High/Trace/Free channel but the Zenmuse assistant showed AUX1 assigned to Apperture. Took me a little to figure it out but I reassigned channles so AUX1 is on a switch and OFF and fixed the High/Trace/Free channel to match both assistants...I now have V2.4 and video...so far.. DJI Jackson, DJI Cathy, here is a video documenting  the V2.4 failure...also please pay close attention to about the 25 second mark where the gimble does its wiggle...this is very frustrating when filming. I understand that the later version fixes that but we can't upgrade off of V 1.4:
http://youtu.be/dinkP0wTNyA
2015-2-13
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-hack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if  the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
2016-8-9
Use props
Dronedemachine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4201782 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello everyone,

I can not edit my topic so I here instead. Can you move whether

I apologize to translate Google but I do not speak any English. I can not find my answers on Francophone forums.

I have an X8 equipped with A2 and a Zenmuse GH4 HD. I replaced the Lightbridge 1 by lightrbridge 2. I made all uprgades:
Lightbridge2 air 1.1.40, 1.1.50 radios, application iOS 2.8.6, the GCU zenmuse 3.0 IMU1.12 IMU, CMU 1.2, 1.20 and finally -AV HD A2: Main Controller 2.7, 2.5 IMU, LED 2.1, 2.4Ghz receiver 1.1, Pro GPS + 2.6 and 2.6 + GPS Module.

Everything works except the video. The LED video air LB is solid red. On the front of the Zenmuse the LED is fixed green and orange (or red + green) if the GH4 is on. At the rear of the Zenmuse light is solid green
I respected the diagram below and I replaced the HDMI cable from the Zenmuse.

I would like the picture on my tablet. Can you help me please

Thanking you in advance

Didier

Bonjour à tous,

Je n'arrive pas à éditer mon topic alors je le place içi. Pouvez-vous le déplacer s'il faut

Veuillez m'excuser de traduire par Google mais je ne parle pas du tout Anglais. Je ne trouve pas mes reponses sur les forums francophones.

J'ai un X8 équipé d'un A2 et d'une Zenmuse GH4 HD. J'ai remplacé le Lightbridge 1 par lightrbridge 2. J'ai fait tous les uprgades :
Lightbridge2 air 1.1.40, radios 1.1.50, l'application iOS 2.8.6, le GCU zenmuse 3.0, IMU1.12 IMU, CMU 1.2, HD -AV 1.20 et enfin A2: contrôleur principale 2.7, IMU 2.5, LED 2.1, récepteur 2.4Ghz 1.1, GPS Pro+ 2.6 et Module GPS+ 2.6.

Tout fonctionne sauf la vidéo. La led du LB air vidéo est rouge fixe. Sur le devant de la Zenmuse la LED est vert fixe et orange (ou rouge + vert) si le GH4 est allumé. A l'arrière de la Zenmuse le voyant est vert fixe
J'ai respecté le schéma ci-dessous et j'ai remplacé le câble HDMI de la Zenmuse.

J'aimerais avoir l'image sur ma tablette. Pouvez-vous m'aider s'il vous plait

Je vous Remercie à l 'avance

Didier

Schéma.JPG
2016-8-11
Use props
Dronedemachine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4201782 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello, it works,

For Lightbridge, everything depended on the setting DJI Do. I thought I had tried all combinations but no, that's good in the case of LB2, an A2 and a Zenmuse GH4 HD. If it helps another.
Well, now there's just put it in the air and on the belly ...

Bonjour, ça fonctionne,

Pour le Lightbridge, tout dépendait du réglage de DJI Do. Je pensais avoir essayé toutes les combinaisons mais non, voilà la bonne dans le cas d'un LB2, d'un A2 et d'une Zenmuse GH4 HD. Si ça peut aider un autre.
Voilà, maintenant il n'y a plus qu'à le mettre en l'air et sur... Le ventre
image.jpeg
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules