Wi-fi range extender - bricked post Android update - Phantom 2 V+
13882 72 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crmackey
New

United States

scott.kelli@com Posted at 2016-2-9 11:21
Capstoner, did you run this restore process on a Vision, or a Vision +?

I tried to do what you suggested but to no avail...   3.8  does not show up anywhere ..    still down
2016-2-9
Use props
scott.kelli
lvl.1

United States

captstoner@char Posted at 2016-2-9 18:14
I have done mine which is a vision2+
But as someone else has stated they have just released a new  ...

Thanks for the additional information, Capstoner.  Unfortunately, I've already sent my camera and range extender to their service department to have them get the WIFI going again.  My assumption is they are going to install the updated WIFI version when they correct this issue.  I'll post additional updates when I get the components back, which is going to take 2-3 weeks, according to the information DJI shared with me regarding their turnaround times.

Note:
If DJI is truly going to limit the distance at which the drone can fly from the pilot, they need to make the information public within their web site and advertising.  Currently, the web page for the Phantom 2 is indicating a 300 meter WIFI range.  The page for the Phantom 3 is indicating a 1000 meter range.  
2016-2-10
Use props
captstoner
lvl.1

United States

crmackey Posted at 2016-2-10 11:57
I tried to do what you suggested but to no avail...   3.8  does not show up anywhere ..    still d ...

Http:/www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

This is where the 3.8 ver. Is
2016-2-10
Use props
galaviz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9962405 ft
Mexico

Me cancelaron mi boleto no podía enviarlo (México) ha muerto mi extensor, espero que mantener la información actualizada
2016-2-10
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

captstoner@char Posted at 2016-2-8 17:37
I went to the DJI website and downloaded the 3.8 I plugged my phone and the drone into the computer  ...

Finally had time to try this tonight no go. I already had the 3.8 assistant uninstalled reinstalled it. upgraded the 3.14 firmware that i already had 8 times no WiFi. Has anyone else done this with positive results?
2016-2-12
Use props
crmackey
New

United States

captstoner@char Posted at 2016-2-10 08:57

thank you   i will try it  
2016-2-19
Use props
crmackey
New

United States

captstoner@char Posted at 2016-2-10 08:57

no luck
2016-2-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

DJI,
Where are you at with a resolution to this ongoing problem?

Please come out of the closet and quit hiding!

All these users need a solution or at least a firm recommendation/response....

2016-2-20
Use props
galaviz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9962405 ft
Mexico

We have no solution rather than send them to DJI but as I'm in Mexico I can not, I have not blown my phantom is only ornamental.
2016-2-28
Use props
robbi
lvl.2
Australia

captstoner@char Posted at 2016-2-7 06:40
Android. I think they got a lot of money to make it  ( I - drone ) there was  no need to update.

having same issue with iOS on iPhone
2016-2-28
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

robbi@robbinewm Posted at 2016-2-29 11:42
having same issue with iOS on iPhone

I'm in the black screen club too after updating my software - and nothing but helpless answers from DJI after waiting weeks for their reply.

Just saw they have a new DJI 4 out - it's NOT gonna land in my garden for sure! Yuneec is coming up with their Typhoon H model soon and everyone writes a lot about their good customer service.

((  Now just waiting for DJI to delete my post!! ))
2016-3-1
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

The people of DJI must be absolutely nuts! I have the black screen problem too, I have been asked to do hours of ridicules updates that don't work and waiting weeks for reply. Finally I ask to send it to them for repair. Some person named Blair.Tang send me an email to state to send copy of the original invoice to him before returning it. 5 minutes later I get a mail saying "Your request (173062) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.". And further "thanks for the info,. It is okay Kindly note the aircraft is out of warranty period".

So DJI broke the thing with their software update and now running away like chickens not being responsible for their wrong doings. UNBELIVEABLE!
2016-3-3
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

That's right.
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Bump,
Thought since there are many more now viewing the P2 threads that some may have a cure or a problem they just don't know about yet if they have not launched their WW2 vintage Phantoms yet...
2016-3-4
Use props
gunslinger
New

United States

My RE700 also "updated" tonight and is now bricked... WTF???  Now I need to contact them to send this thing back???

-Gil
2016-6-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

gunslinger Posted at 2016-6-15 19:53
My RE700 also "updated" tonight and is now bricked... WTF???  Now I need to contact them to send thi ...

Sorry to hear that,
Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
DJI have been virtually unresponsive to this problem
2016-6-16
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

See post number 17.
DJI asked for detailed information back in February, and as of yet I cant see anyone supplying the information asked for.
My V+ is perfect, but if you are having issues then please give DJI the information they need to research the problem.
2016-6-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-17 00:46
See post number 17.
DJI asked for detailed information back in February, and as of yet I cant see an ...

John,
Agreed, here there are no responses but on a few other threads covering the same topic folks had posted the details, DJI did not admit anything per se but did offer that if folks submitted their RE's to repair they would look after it,

Would have been a lot, lot better if DJI did "sticky" a thread to suggest folks do this, unfortunately DJI are pretty lack luster at acknowledging any kind of issue so folks have to hunt for it.

I myself have had my P2V+ V3.0 for 18 mo., i fly the balls off it, literally and no issues, i am on iOS and the issues with the RE for those that have had it are with Android, you may be on Android and may be one of the luck ones but many folks have had the same issue.
2016-6-17
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

My V+ is a V2 and 2 years old now, zero problems and yes I am on Android.
I have done all the updates when released and never encountered any issues.

But for the people reading this that do have problems, please post the information DJI asked for in post 17 of this thread and help them to help you
2016-6-17
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

Having all the same issues. Both Android app and the iPhone app caused no live video feed with the forced update. I know it is a DJI issue since it happened to 2 other family members and myself at the same time since we were flying together that day. DJI needs to fix their screw up. Go to Google pay store and read all the reviews of lost video feed for the DJI app. DJI must have one big carpet to sweep this problem under. Shame on DJI! All of us have the Vision 2
2016-6-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hardluck2go, please can you and your 2 other family members fill in the information asked for in post 17.
At least then DJI will have 3 reports to go on out of the 10's if not 100's of thousand Phantom 2 sold.

2016-6-29
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-30 01:32
Hardluck2go, please can you and your 2 other family members fill in the information asked for in pos ...

Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
Hardluck2go The last update I did was before DJI set limits for airports and height.
1. Aircraft model: Phantom Vision 2
2. Aircraft firmware v1.19
3. Mobile device model Android Galaxy s5, Ipad 2, Iphone 5s
4. Mobile device OS version All Current
5. Vision app version Forced DJI Android 1.0.61, iPad iphone 1.0.42
Your info will be escalated to our P2 R&D to figure out the best solution for you.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Thank you!

The two Phantoms 2 Visions (My dads and Brother) were updated to the first firmware version that set limits for airports and height. Both use Android devices Phones and pads (Samsung and iPhones}. If I can get more info I will post it. It just is way to strange that all of us had the same problem when the app updated and at the same time. All were on Android when this happened or should I say when we were forced to update it or noticed it.

I have all apps set as non auto update, but for some reason this went through. All three of us are scared to do any updates or even run any Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software. (We are all iMac). I have spent countless hours looking for a fix. Mine has never crashed or even been dropped and is treated as a new born!

DJI YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PROBLEM. There are countless people with the very same problem. I won't speak for others but I'm not wealthy and looking at how I spent my hard earned cash that is now no fun without live video makes me think twice about DJI. Hope this helps.   

2016-6-29
Use props
azmohammed
New

United Kingdom

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-6-30 03:28
Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
Hardluck2go The last  ...

This issue has happened to me back in May but did not realise many others were having the same problem. Can't post the info DJI are asking for as I have now taken my P2V+ to HeliGuy in North Shields UK to be checked out but if the problem has been caused by DJI, then I will want them to foot the bill for any repair work.
2016-9-22
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

clausboman@gmai Posted at 2016-3-3 18:10
The people of DJI must be absolutely nuts! I have the black screen problem too, I have been asked to ...

Anybody know if there's a class action lawsuit potential with this?
2016-10-1
Use props
HUMMER_H1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160302 ft
Switzerland

Hi, I had the same issue a week ago! Now i can't connect anymore my WiFi Range Extender, I see no Phantom's network on my phone.
The green system light is off, but the power one is ok and lighted up.

1. Aircraft model: Phantom 2 Vision Plus
2. Aircraft firmware: v 3.14 (Main controller)
3. Mobile device model: Samsung Galaxy Note 4
4. Mobile device OS version: Android v 6.0.1
5. DJI Vision app: Android v 1.0.61

I don't want to spend a lot of money on a repair... Please DJI, help me! I'a student and i payed a lot for this drone...
If i buy a new RE700 and connect it to my Phantom will it work?

Update:

I bought a new RE700, I binded it with the camera and all works fine. But afet few minute came out the upgrade request. I declined it with turning the RE off. Any button of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 were working!
Maybe it's a problem of Android, now I'll check with an old Iphone 4S.

Take a look to the image ;)

Screenshot

Screenshot

2017-1-17
Use props
Billj747
lvl.1

United States

My P2V+ was just bricked by their update as well.  It's been working great for years and as soon as the update was completed, the video link quit working.  After spending over 3 hours on hold and with their support staff, they had me send it in only to notify me taht the WI-FI video link module and RE700 repeater need to be replaced to the tune of $267.

This is unacceptable since the P2V+ has been working perfectly until THEIR forced update.  If the components randomly failed during flight or storage, or after a crash, that's one thing, but since THEY forced the update which broke the unit, whether accidentally or maliciously, DJI should be responsible for the repair.

So far their claims department has turned down the repair and they don't seem to be standing behind their own actions, products, or customers.

If you have a P2V+  - DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES!!!
2017-1-20
Use props
Billj747
lvl.1

United States

Update:  What a horrible company.  They needed my proof of purchase twice to verify that I'm the original buyer and to see if it's still under warranty.  They apparently are so incompetent that my original submission of the proof of purchase wasn't tied to the creation of my Case number.

Each phone call was a minimum of a 30 minute wait and often 45 minutes to an hour.  I was 'accidentally disconnected' TWICE forcing me to go to the end of the queue and waiting again.  The first level of 'support' is less than useless while the supervisors/managers aren't all that helpful either.

A supervisor promised an immediate call back 'within an hour' which tuned out to be an email response 3 days later offering a 50% discount on the repair...to the bricked Range Extender which THEIR update CAUSED.  After another hour on the phone, rejecting this offer, a supervisor asked the head of the warranty department to cover it and was turned down.

Even at a 50% discount ($133), they are still profiting A LOT on these components.  It's unacceptable for a company to intentionally or accidentally release a software update that renders a product useless, and then profiting off of the repairs.

DJI is a horrible company to deal with and I don't trust them at all.  You've lost me as a customer.
2017-1-24
Use props
KPfocal
New
Canada

In case this helps anyone.

I just purchased a new RE700 and wanted to bind it and was having this issue with the black screen no binding action happening.

Tried it on phones using Android 5/6/7/8 and no go.  

Dusted off an old AF Samsung tablet using 4.4 and it worked first try.  " Binding Successful " and after a reboot, I had a perfect video with my new extender.    It simply would fail with any newer android version. This is when they changed file systems in Android, and I don't think it works with the newer system.   This is likely why the app was removed from the play store as well.   It no longer conforms.

For note, after the binding is successful you can use any newer phone with the app to control the video, however, you cannot have data enabled at the same time so no live streaming ( who did that anyway? )  if you don't do that there will also be no video feed.  But I was getting "  phantom connection broken " when I tried to use the camera on a failed bind.   

I hope this helps someone out of the frustration I was having!
2018-2-25
Use props
fansdffa0d29
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, has anyone got a wifi module with the black video issue, but still showing tenementary that I could buy off them? It would need to be posted to the UK, but it shouldn't cost more than a few pounds (posting worldwide for a UK large letter is about £3-4.

I would like to experiment on the fixing of them.

Thanks
2018-3-26
Use props
Danny Brown1
New

United States

sburman@cowboys Posted at 2016-2-1 02:01
Thanks for the input everybody. It seems like a very real problem and I also got no assistance whatsoever from support.

This issue certainly needs addressing from DJI themselves.

I just got the phantom 2 vision plus it was like brand new came with a whole lot of extra new parts and it was very cheap I didn’t even know what the box on top of the controller was lol I bought a a manic when they first came out so the phantom is all new to me . Anyway I flew it without the app it binded fast and fine no problem so I was ready for the video I downloaded the app on my iPhone 6 Plus and tried to conect and this thing popped up and started downloading an update for the range extender and yup now I have a 3 lb piece of ... that don’t do anything but flash pretty lights . I’ve had the Mavic for 3 years and that thing was 1200 bucks but I’ve never had a single problem is this goi g to be an ongoing problem with the phantom ???? Thanks

2019-11-5
Use props
Danny Brown1
New

United States

sburman@cowboys Posted at 2016-2-1 02:01
Thanks for the input everybody. It seems like a very real problem and I also got no assistance whatsoever from support.

This issue certainly needs addressing from DJI themselves.

I just got the phantom 2 vision plus it was like brand new came with a whole lot of extra new parts and it was very cheap I didn’t even know what the box on top of the controller was lol I bought a a manic when they first came out so the phantom is all new to me . Anyway I flew it without the app it binded fast and fine no problem so I was ready for the video I downloaded the app on my iPhone 6 Plus and tried to conect and this thing popped up and started downloading an update for the range extender and yup now I have a 3 lb piece of ... that don’t do anything but flash pretty lights . I’ve had the Mavic for 3 years and that thing was 1200 bucks but I’ve never had a single problem is this goi g to be an ongoing problem with the phantom ???? Thanks

2019-11-5
Use props
Danny Brown1
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-29 19:45
poho,
looks like we have found some similarities between you an the other posters, all seem to be on Android...
possibly DJI can chime in to suggest what might be happening,

It’s doing it on iPhone as well it’s really making me mad
2019-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You're saying an update was automatically done to your RE500 and now the RE500 is bricked?  Does it boot up?  What exactly happens when you move the RE500 power switch from OFF to ON?  Describe the lamps on the RE500 for the next 60 secs.  Please be specific.  
2019-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules