Gimbal Error
6400 11 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomas_grubb
New

Australia

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, also new to flying drones.

I purchased a phantom 3 standard the other week, on a recent flight in some mild wind (15knts) the drone hit a tree during automatic takeoff and I lost the camera off the gimbal. next time I am not going to use automatic takeoff in windy conditions.

I assume for repair I need to purchase an entire gimbal set up? Should this be sent away for repair or is this something I can do myself? will the error codes automatically dissapear once the new camera gibmal is attached?

I have attached a photo of the damage and the error code showing.

Cheers
Tom
Camera Damage.JPG
Drone Error.PNG
2016-1-29
Use props
joaovitor_filgu
New

Brazil

Hi dude!
1- Fixing the gimbal it's not the hardest thing in the world, i always do it for friends, etc... but i'll not recommend you to do this if you don't have knowledge and practice.
2- You don't need to buy another complete gimbal/camera, i'm sure everything is working. All you need is a new flat cable, one of those 3D printed gimbal parts, knowledge or a person with skills to do it for you.
3- Yes, you get those "gimbal errors" because you flat cable is broken, your bird is not recognising the gimbal and it's normal.

Good luck!
2016-1-29
Use props
thomas_grubb
New

Australia

Thanks Buddy,

I am typically not too bad working with electronics as my background is electrical. Would be the first time working on a drone though. Where is the best online shop to purchase a new flat cable and 3D printed gimbal part?

Thanks
2016-1-29
Use props
joaovitor_filgu
New

Brazil

Soo, i'm sure you can do it! Look at this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... :g:ZZMAAOSwFnFWFGty
That's the piece you need + flat cable (You can also find on eBay, but i recommend you to buy the original DJI cable, i tried 2 fake cables on my repair and seems to be not compatible sometimes)
Please, post more pictures of your gimbal so we can help you to fix it.
2016-1-31
Use props
thomas_grubb
New

Australia

much appreciated, I am away at work until 11th Feb, once I get home Ill post a few more pics. This is the roll ring arm I think am going to order to suit the standard P3 - http://www.fstop-labs.com/produc ... replacement-stanard

I have watched a few videos online regards replacing the arm, doesnt look too difficult. What sort of adhesive product is typically used to attach the ring arm to the motor section on the yaw arm?

Thanks
2016-1-31
Use props
killall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191073 ft
Portugal

i replaced mine with a original piece and does not work :/ i had the flex broken.
2016-3-5
Use props
fans34329b92
New
Flight distance : 35194 ft
United States

I have a "gimbal gyroscope error". I have just replaced the gimbal cable and when i turn my P3S on, the camera doesn't move at all but it does connect to my phone and records. The problem is that the camera doesn't move. Any solution?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Have you contacted support yet on fixing the aircraft? Where are you located?
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

killall Posted at 2016-3-5 03:12
i replaced mine with a original piece and does not work :/ i had the flex broken.

Not sure what is meant by the flex being broken. As tempting as it can be to fix it on your end, have you considered sending in for a repair? If you send me a personal message on your location, I may be able to guide you to the right area to consider.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

joaovitor_filgu Posted at 2016-1-29 19:08
Hi dude!
1- Fixing the gimbal it's not the hardest thing in the world, i always do it for friends, etc... but i'll not recommend you to do this if you don't have knowledge and practice.
2- You don't need to buy another complete gimbal/camera, i'm sure everything is working. All you need is a new flat cable, one of those 3D printed gimbal parts, knowledge or a person with skills to do it for you.

I understand the temptation to cut corners. However, gimbals are usually replaced with a full set rather then 3 D printing. Also, when a ribbon on the gimbal is broken, it is not easily fixable.
2017-9-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Having done this repair myself, I can say it's not an easy one. Since the ring is broken, you should send to DJI repair. It requires a certain placement onto the yaw arm, or it will not work.
Also the flex cable requires some artful positioning, especially around the camera shaft.
2017-9-22
Use props
mauriciocruzdrones.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Ese problema se debe a un flex defectuoso. En su caso el flex está cortado, por eso da ese error. Al reparar el gimbal y cambiar el flex se solucionará el problema. Fíjese que el número que está escrito en el flex tiene que ser el mismo. No todos los flex funcionan en todos los drones. Para el Phantom 3 Standard hay pro lo menos 3 flex distintos. Dígame qué número tiene escrito el flex de su drone y yo le podré decir cual funciona.
También me dedico a reparar drones en Santa Fe, Argentina, por eso le hablo desde la experiencia.
Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
Saludos cordiales.
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules