Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 - Forced Android Update Bricking Range Extender, DJI ???.
18397 118 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

applekiller Posted at 2016-5-9 11:54
well I have taken to twittet.. dji support responded right away and promised to respond on this thre ...

Good luck with that,
Looks like they have forgotten the P2's again!

DJI...wth is up with your lack of response/acknowledgement of this issue...what is the fix?
We have a couple of Microsoft Surface Pro's that had issues, log a call with Microsoft, take it in, they replace it, no cost and no proble,m and no waiting, same for iPhone, iPad, same with a stick of wood from Home Depot..it warps, it is useless, I take it back and they exchange it...no issues....same with a jug of milk that sours early...do you get it?
Your system fubarred these RE's, why all the PITA to have them repaired and replaced....
2016-5-11
Use props
applekiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

@North I say we take to Twitter to force the issue. Link back to this forum thread. I will be doing it again as they promised a response..but haven't delievered
2016-5-13
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

I have posted this in a few threads and will add it here too;

Having all the same issues. Both Android app and the iPhone app caused no live video feed with the forced update. I know it is a DJI issue since it happened to 2 other family members and myself at the same time since we were flying together that day. DJI needs to fix their screw up. Go to Google pay store and read all the reviews of lost video feed. DJI must have one big carpet to sweep this problem under. Shame on DJI! All of us have the Vision 2
2016-6-29
Use props
janj3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-31 19:03
UPDATE:
I have just fired up the bird P2V+ running 1.0.58 DJI vision and all is well. There were n ...

Like a fool I updated DJI Vision on my IOS device.  Ver.  1.0.58 forced the RE firmware flash.   Lost binding.  When I do bind I have no connectivity to the camera.  I've opened a case with DJI and ordered a new RE700 on EBay, I'll have it Monday.   I have an older ver of DJI Vision, 1.0.56 and will try it Monday.  I may have 1.0.48 on an image of my system, never had issues like this before.   This RE700 problem shut me down, clients are aggravated.   Considering going Yuneec for my real estate stills.
2016-7-7
Use props
janj3
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-3 23:16
I am sorry for your frustration!  Our FW team is working on it right now, we will provide the soluti ...

DJI Vision 1.0.60 did not fix the issue.  The RE700 firmware flash in 1.0.58 broke communication between the RE700 and the camera.   You need to solve this quickly, there are quite a few customers not very pleased with DJI right now.
2016-7-7
Use props
martin
lvl.1

Estonia

Dear DJI

I own P2V+, use it with LG Nexus 5 (Android 6.0.1). DJI Vision version 1.0.61. After 2 hours on the field trying to establish connection between mobile and range extender I realized its broken. Came home and updated everything throught assistant software and still nothing. What now? Have been thinking to buy new P4 but after that thread I found should I go on with DJI?

Sad owner of four propellers with DJI logo.

2016-8-21
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

So just to be clear, you cant connect your phone to the range extender ? Are you seeing the Phantomxxxxx network ?
When you upgraded everything, you did the camera as well ?
On your phone, you turned off mobile data ?
Do you or have you ever used a "Wi-Fi booster" app?
2016-8-21
Use props
janj3
lvl.1
United States

I had this problem with my Phantom 2 Vision, I bought it used and it came with an RE700 instead of an RE500.  I spoke with DJI several times, wasn't sure what to do, but finally I got an answer, guess I spoke with the right person.  I explained the Phantom worked perfectly until I updated the IOS Vision app, and it forced the RE firmware upgrade down.  After I applied it to the Phantom, the 5.8G stuff still worked, but the 2.4G stopped working.   i couldn't bind the RE700 to the camera.  Like a jerk I bought a new RE700 on EBay thinking that an untouched one would bind.  Nope, didn't do it.   I could ping both the camera and the RE before I went through the binding procedure.....they both showed as WIFI connections on my IPhone 6s.  So after explaining all this to tech support, they told me to send the whole thing in.  It took 3 weeks, but I received an email saying it was repaired and coming back.  Now I sent them a Phantom Vision, and they sent me a Phantom Vision Plus back.  Everything worked, they told me they didn't have parts for the Phantom Vision, so they had to slap a Vision Plus camera on mine.  I also own a P3, and was very pleased that I got the Vision Plus camera installed.....now both my Phantoms don't have the jitters in their videos!   The biggest surprise was they paid for shipping from Connecticut to Washington state and there was no charge for the repair.  So, whoever reads this, don't give up hope.   Their service is very good, it just took time to get this done.  That firmware upgrade obviously did more than mess up the RE.
2016-8-21
Use props
martin
lvl.1

Estonia

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-8-22 00:06
So just to be clear, you cant connect your phone to the range extender ? Are you seeing the Phantomx ...

To be clear, I can't connect my phone with range extender. There is no PhantomXXXXX network. Range extender is charged and Power is solid green. System blinks 2-3 times and then nothing.
Upgraded everything.
On my phone I turned off mobile data.
I haven't used any "Wi-Fi booster" app. Why should I?
2016-8-21
Use props
Martin EST
lvl.1

Estonia

DJI got any advice? U released and forced faulty update.
2016-9-13
Use props
kellsworth
New

United States

I had this problem and contacted support. They had me send it in to them. They had it repaired and back to me in 4 business days at no charge.
2016-9-16
Use props
Martin EST
lvl.1

Estonia

Nice one. They had me to send it in.

I gave them all necessary info about drone including proof of purchase at september 13th.
Later that month UPS delivered drone to Netherland and they checked it.

October 3rd I received invoice for Range Extender replacement. I told them what I did tell them in the beginning that I am not willing to pay for any repair because DJI-s software broke it.

After they sent me this:
"Could you please provide us with a copy of the original proof of purchase?
We will determine if this will be warranty."

DJI? I wrote at septermber "Bought it 05.2014". So I sent them proof of purchase and got back "We are sorry to tell you, but this unit is out of warranty. This unit has a warranty period of 2 year. "

Nice DJI.
2016-10-20
Use props
jonathan
lvl.3

United States

Martin EST Posted at 2016-10-21 15:12
Nice one. They had me to send it in.

I gave them all necessary info about drone including proof of  ...

Wait. The warranty period is TWO years?
2016-10-22
Use props
Martin EST
lvl.1

Estonia

jonathan@gatehe Posted at 2016-10-23 04:52
Wait. The warranty period is TWO years?

They didn't tell me how long. Even though I told them, when and where was drone bought.
2016-10-23
Use props
garybaughman
New

United States

Hi All,

I know it's not what you wanted to hear however..... after trying to connect to my Nexus 7 for 2 days unsuccessfully I have been able to connect to my iPhone 7+ and my wife's i-Pad mini............ at least I have my FPV again on the bench, will test tomorrow.

Regards,
Gary
2016-11-25
Use props
fanscbe0e7d3
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Count me in,
I am user of litchi and never had any problems. A few months ago a saw there was an update of the djivision app to 1.0.61
So I dit update it, but never read the problems i should have with this update.
Two weeks ago, on my holliday , i was transfer 2 photo's with the djivision app 1.0.61 what I normally don't do (always take sd card out).
After that I have also a black screen for fpv.
So 1.0.61 is also bad. Please notice on the google playstore and marked it as
inappropriate, give as reason harmful for equipment.

note:
Wifi drone measure 42 db, transmitter 60 db. , I can boost it up with litchi  to 60 db for the drone so wifi is working.
1 of the 100 times booting up(with litchi) I have my livestream back, then reboot and black screen is back pffff.
I binded camera and extender several times, no joy.
So what is it?

If you have livestream stop using the djivisionapp and use litchi for P2, its free.
I hope that DJI take the responsibility and fixed the problem!!!!

2017-1-4
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

fans3deefc1c Posted at 2017-1-8 01:04
Hi guys. I have an idea, what do you think if everybody with the same problem on phantom 2 with no live video on dji vision app , gather together in a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT? Because DJI company doesn't want to admit that the problem is one caused by them, to push everyone to own a phantom 2 vision to upgrade or buy a new dji drone model. If you are with me let me know. Thanks

You Yanks and your class action lawsuits make me laugh
If you seriously think you have a case then feel free to contact your attorney, I am sure they will be happy to take your money....
2017-1-8
Use props
fansb9f063a9
New

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-18
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-19
Use props
Billj747
New

United States

My P2V+ was just bricked by their update as well.  It's been working great for years and as soon as the update was completed, the video link quit working.  After spending over 3 hours on hold and with their support staff, they had me send it in only to notify me taht the WI-FI video link module and RE700 repeater need to be replaced to the tune of $267.

This is unacceptable since the P2V+ has been working perfectly until THEIR forced update.  If the components randomly failed during flight or storage, or after a crash, that's one thing, but since THEY forced the update which broke the unit, whether accidentally or maliciously, DJI should be responsible for the repair.

So far their claims department has turned down the repair and they don't seem to be standing behind their own actions, products, or customers.

If you have a P2V+  - DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES!!!
2017-1-20
Use props
timbo
lvl.3
United States

They are not going to fix it for free even if it is their fault. They are going to ignore this until it goes away.
2017-1-20
Use props
Billj747
New

United States

timbo Posted at 2017-1-20 13:39
They are not going to fix it for free even if it is their fault. They are going to ignore this until it goes away.

If that's the way this ends up then they've lost a customer in me and hopefully this thread and others will warn other potential DJI customers into their customer service and business practices.

I hope they do the right thing...
2017-1-21
Use props
wendle
lvl.1

United States

I just got a new p2 v+ and have only used the vision app one time the first day I had it. since then I have used only litchi. am I safe to assume since I don't use the vision app and deleted it this shouldn't happen to my drone.
2017-1-22
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

I have only used the Vision app since day 1, June 2014, all Phantom firmware and app have been updated when released, zero problems.
I did download the Litchi app when it was first made free on the store, but only used it once, then went back to the Vision app.
But in answer to your question, no, you are not safe, the overheating internal Wi-Fi problem seems to be fairly random, if it was a firmware issue then why is mine OK ?
2017-1-22
Use props
wendle
lvl.1

United States

OK thanks
2017-1-22
Use props
Billj747
New

United States

Update:  What a horrible company.  They needed my proof of purchase twice to verify that I'm the original buyer and to see if it's still under warranty.  They apparently are so incompetent that my original submission of the proof of purchase wasn't tied to the creation of my Case number.

Each phone call was a minimum of a 30 minute wait and often 45 minutes to an hour.  I was 'accidentally disconnected' TWICE forcing me to go to the end of the queue and waiting again.  The first level of 'support' is less than useless while the supervisors/managers aren't all that helpful either.

A supervisor promised an immediate call back 'within an hour' which tuned out to be an email response 3 days later offering a 50% discount on the repair...to the bricked Range Extender which THEIR update CAUSED.  After another hour on the phone, rejecting this offer, a supervisor asked the head of the warranty department to cover it and was turned down.

Even at a 50% discount ($133), they are still profiting A LOT on these components.  It's unacceptable for a company to intentionally or accidentally release a software update that renders a product useless, and then profiting off of the repairs.

DJI is a horrible company to deal with and I don't trust them at all.  You've lost me as a customer.
2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

As I pointed out in another thread, one can get a used RE on eBay for around USD 50, and one can then bind it and you should be good to go provided you don't update.  

I know it's not an ideal solution since you are completely innocent and have clearly been victimized, but if you can get past your anger, I think it's the logical solution.  

And for the future, before you do ANY update on ANY part of ANY DJI AC, wait a few weeks.  Let others do the updates and wait for a positive review.  Because our experience here teaches us that there's at least a fair chance that this problem will repeat itself some day on other DJI aircrafts such as the P3, P4, Mavic, etc.  
2017-1-24
Use props
Billj747
New

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-1-24 10:24
As I pointed out in another thread, one can get a used RE on eBay for around USD 50, and one can then bind it and you should be good to go provided you don't update.  

I know it's not an ideal solution since you are completely innocent and have clearly been victimized, but if you can get past your anger, I think it's the logical solution.  

Except DJI had me turn my P2V+ in and currently has it.

My mistake was having confidence in and believing that DJI is a competent and trustworthy company.  Despite everything working perfectly, I didn't think twice about the update when the popup came up.  I didn't think I needed to stay on top of the forums with update compatibility and problems like Apple and many other companies.  Boy was I wrong.

If your Phantom is working, DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES or even plug it in!
2017-1-24
Use props
Sky Capture
New

United States

It seems like people are all over the place on this issue. What is the final consensus? That you have to send the remote in to DJI for repair?

My wifi extender  is charged and working, by wifi signal on my device can find the wifi account but in orange underneath it, it says, "No Internet Connection"

I know a lot of people have had this issue and it's been going on for a while, but what's happening here and what's the solution?

DJI Chime in with your stellar customer service.
2017-1-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Please don't confuse "no internet connection" with bad news.  The so-called wifi signal coming from the RE or the AC doesn't include internet, so when your device tells you there's no internet connection, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem.  
2017-1-31
Use props
fans0afbeb06
lvl.1
United States

Well, as everyone here i have the same issues:
- "Phantom_6226ee  No internet connection"
- No image on my iPhone.

Any ideas?
Thanks
2017-6-5
Use props
Lasernerd
lvl.1
United States

DJI...Do you have a fix for us??? If this is the way they treat Phantom customers,,,well I can most definitely let people know to make a better choice..DJI I am waiting patiently for a fix.
2017-6-5
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

"well I can most definitely let people know to make a better choice"
And what would that be ?

"DJI I am waiting patiently for a fix"
You will have a long wait then, DJI stopped firmware updates for the Phantom 2 in 2015. To get it fixed you need to send it in to DJI for repair or to a local repair shop.
2017-6-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

If you're sure it's bricked, the best solution over the past year or so has been to buy a used unbricked RE on eBay for around $50.

Also, consider if you had used a 3rd party flight app such as Litchi this wouldn't have happened and if you use a 3rd party flight app such as Litchi in the future it won't happen again...

2017-6-6
Use props
fans04fc8724
New

Sweden

Yes I tried that as well with no result. Has DJI fixad this problem with new updates? Cant find IT!
2017-8-18
Use props
James J
lvl.1

United States

I would like to add to this topic, I have given up on DJI and the phantom vision 2 +. I flown mine 4 times, the last time i was flying and while recharging the battery i got an email to update the new firmware. Being a registard FAA US responsible Drone operator I did so. went to sly again and no video feed to my iPhone or iPad ????? Countless attempts and endless hours of three reading I came to the conlusion that DJI is at fault and not a good company when dealing with there customers other than trying to get more money out of them. Well 4 flights, cost $1500.00 Way to go DJI. Oh and just to let DJI know I was one of the first to perches here in Vegas and and was proud to show it off when the phantom first came out :-) seeing I'm an audio/video stage hand tech in Vegas I do a lot of conventions and other techs see cool stuff, them buy as well. so my co workers bout one as well totaling 80 phantom's I'm one week. LOL after that update which some have done and having the same problem, well lets just say DJI has a bad name in the stage hand world. and in our union I.A.T.S.E. world wide we total over 3 million employees. we have our one blog in movies film ex. We now and then discus the lac of DJI's assistance. Way to go DJI in the loss of over 3 mill union strong sales. CONGRATULATIONS!   
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

James J Posted at 2017-10-21 01:09
I would like to add to this topic, I have given up on DJI and the phantom vision 2 +. I flown mine 4 times, the last time i was flying and while recharging the battery i got an email to update the new firmware. Being a registard FAA US responsible Drone operator I did so. went to sly again and no video feed to my iPhone or iPad ????? Countless attempts and endless hours of three reading I came to the conlusion that DJI is at fault and not a good company when dealing with there customers other than trying to get more money out of them. Well 4 flights, cost $1500.00 Way to go DJI. Oh and just to let DJI know I was one of the first to perches here in Vegas and and was proud to show it off when the phantom first came out :-) seeing I'm an audio/video stage hand tech in Vegas I do a lot of conventions and other techs see cool stuff, them buy as well. so my co workers bout one as well totaling 80 phantom's I'm one week. LOL after that update which some have done and having the same problem, well lets just say DJI has a bad name in the stage hand world. and in our union I.A.T.S.E. world wide we total over 3 million employees. we have our one blog in movies film ex. We now and then discus the lac of DJI's assistance. Way to go DJI in the loss of over 3 mill union strong sales. CONGRATULATIONS!

James, sorry for you bad experience. Did you contact our support and start a case? Please provide me the case number and I would check the case for you. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-21
Use props
MaxwellJoneZ
lvl.1

Switzerland

The same thing happened to me: RE700 bricked after auto update with DJI vision 1.0.59 (the only one available on official DJI website, as there are no version of DJI vision on the google app store anymore.

Anyone got it sorted?

Is there a way to hard reset the RE700? and get the old firmware in?
2018-8-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

You're talking about ages ago, right?  Because DJI fixed the bad update ages ago.  AFAIK, there is no way to fix the bricked device.  You need to replace it.  You can find them used on eBay.  They are not expensive these days.  Good luck
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules