My P3 tells me "critically low voltage" and just lands
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisslemke
lvl.1
Germany

Hi All,

as attached my P3 tried to land twice today in alpine surrounding and it scared the crap out of me. Is it possible that it does that bc of low temperatures (5°C / 40°F?)? What else can be the reason? Please help me out that my P3 doesn't crash. Thanks

image1-1.JPG
2016-1-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes the cold will affect the battery, have a look Here
2016-1-30
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you warm-up the battery before flying (and warm-up while hovering)?

That helps in cold temperature flying - be careful!
2016-1-30
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Apparently you don't read this forum.  LOTS of cold weather problems since winter hit.  DJI has even modified the firmware to help protect you from that happening.  Are you keeping your firmware updated?
2016-1-30
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

If you live in a place where weather is cold, better update to 1.6 FW. I was flying with FW 1.4 in the NY area and almost crashed my quad. I did notice additional vibration and noise from motor after the update to 1.6. To solve that I reduced the attitude gains in the GO app to 90% Roll, 90%pitch and 90%yaw. Now it is flying with FW 1.6 and as good as when it had version 1.4 on it. Make sure to update all batteries too.
Although I managed to adjust the quad to "original" levels, I am very reluctant to upgrade to the next upcoming FW 1.7 due to geofencing and discrepancies on maps and no fly zones (NFZs). Hope this helps.
Happy flying!
2016-1-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

warm up your batteries!
2016-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now