FPV Glasses
1964 21 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scanner2
lvl.1

United States

I have been wanting to purchase FPV glasses to fly my Inspire 1 V2.0.   really don't know anything about them and what is available.  Can anyone give me some information on what I should purchase and if I have to do any mods to the Inspire, etc?  
2016-1-30
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

It depends  how much you want to spend
2016-1-30
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Look at Headplay.  They are about 300+ dollars
2016-1-30
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-31 05:41
I'd also advise that you check your local laws. You will probably find that the FAA don't permit FPV ...

Agree with Paul. In the USA it is illegal to use FPV. FAA requires visual on UAV at all times. There as been a lawsuit filed against FAA over the FAAs ruling and this is subject to change or not change.
2016-1-30
Use props
scanner2
lvl.1

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-30 17:47
Here we go...

I wouldn't want to be responsible for this... (Urm... is this a Puma or a Merlin??? I ...

Wow, Had no idea!  I guess I won't be getting FPV glasses.  All of this makes sense!!! Thanks!
2016-1-30
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

If you use iPhone, take a look of FPV Camera FPV Goggles.
2016-1-30
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't use them in the US. Also you cannot see what is going on around you or the Quad. Personally I don't care for them, to risky.
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodger Posted at 2016-1-31 21:45
Can't use them in the US. Also you cannot see what is going on around you or the Quad. Personally I  ...

That is true, that you can only see the part of picture, in some cases it  can be dangerous
2016-1-31
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-31 22:40
That is true, that you can only see the part of picture, in some cases it  can be dangerous

Hey Tim. Those things scare the heck out of me. I have no interest in them at all. In fact they would ruin my flying experience, my stomach would be in knots. I think scanner2 is a new user and is really enjoying his new DJI gear and may be a bit overwhelmed and wants to have a hands on with everything that is out there. Very understandable and happy to see that he is enjoying this new world of flying. Hopefully he will stick to his FPV with a phone or tablet and retain the sight of everything that is going on around his quad while in flight.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodger Posted at 2016-2-1 21:08
Hey Tim. Those things scare the heck out of me. I have no interest in them at all. In fact they wo ...

FPV is not that scary, but i also prefer using it on a phone and pad
2016-2-1
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-1 21:59
FPV is not that scary, but i also prefer using it on a phone and pad

I am going to stick with those methods as well.
2016-2-2
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I've been told by my hobby store that the only goggles that work with the I1 cost around $800 US.  That was the deciding factor for me not to invest the money.  Reading the above makes me glad I didn't.  I did not know that in the US it was required to have a spotter when flying FPV with goggles.  I routinely fly FPV off my tablet, but I always glance (or stare) at the aircraft when/if I come near an immovable object.  The other issue for me with FPV goggles is my eye reaction time once the goggles are removed.  It would be nice if a manufacturer would come out with a goggle that would allow the operator to switch from FPV to VLS without having to remove the goggles.  IDK maybe this isn't all that easy to do.
2016-2-4
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

FPV googles can make sense.

As I am flying mostly very low my girl is always looking at the drone but she often cries about trees or electricity lines when I know I am still 300m away just because this cannot be seen from down. When my FPV googles arrive it will be an advantage in such cases when i am passing closely over trees or flying down a mountain against another hill. I can optimize the flight path at the location and not at home when I see on the big screen how far I really have been away. The wideangle is very tricky you are still 5-10m away when you think you would already crash into it.

Its more for exact mission planning I think you cannot plan that exactly without FPV.

2016-2-4
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-2 18:03
DJI has a deal with ZEISS Cinemizer FPV goggles. Although remember the pilot is supposed to fly line ...

Thought they have stopped making these.??
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

kvamens Posted at 2016-2-5 17:59
Thought they have stopped making these.??

I will find out.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-5 22:22
They did. A long time ago.

I think DJI must have bought up all the returned and unsold stock.

I will ask and report back.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-5 23:44
It would be great if DJI do have a substantial stock of the Cinemizers. I had to hunt to find our p ...

noted, and I will let them know.
2016-2-5
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Buy a cheep pair of fpv goggel, put your phone in it buy Litchi and you have fpv with headtracking, proberly under $50 total

You look stupid thou
2016-2-5
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft

Thanks for all your input. I am going to stick with LOS. Even if I didn't have to by law. I did flyof friend's drone with a pair of FPV goggles and I found it rather claustrophobic
2016-3-13
Use props
Rich in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is interesting that all the quad racers use FPV in very enclosed spaces.  It is now an international sport and in my area (Boise Idaho) many racers continue to fly with FPV.  It is really the only way to do it.
2016-3-13
Use props
ericmowrey
New

i got a question for someone, I have a inspire 1 pro and a set of Fatshark deliminator V.3 with the trinity head tracking chip installed. i cant get the head tracking to work  yet. goggles are flippin amazing but what else am i missing??  I have the usb to my phone running go app and HDMI port plugged in to the goggles...  Please email me or leave me a comment        ericmowrey    2013@     gmail    .com        no spaces
2016-3-13
Use props
RBirtles
lvl.2

Australia

I can see an advantage to using FPV goggles and that would be for photographic and video purposes using a second RC.  Head tracking could also be put to good use for this particular purpose. But yes, flying LOS tends to be a common requirement in a lot of countries.

Cheers
Birty
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules