Two Videos Of Deer In Fields
1022 6 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

I have been lucky enough to have a few spotting's of dear.   I'm slowly getting better with video editing aswell.  

My first video shows a two deer running through a field.

On the second video there is a doe running through a field and a buck by a pond.  A little more video editing in this one.

2016-1-30
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

If anyone has any advice on spotting things such as Deer at 400 feet it would be greatly appreciated.    I stay legal but do fly high to not disturb the deer, my goal is longer shots.

But problem is even with ipad air 2, it's hard at that height to spot deer.    Anyone have advice I wish it had a digital zoom on app where I could digitally get closer and stay at same height.
2016-1-31
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

4StateFlyer Posted at 2016-1-31 20:47
If anyone has any advice on spotting things such as Deer at 400 feet it would be greatly appreciated ...

No luck, dude! Only $5K Inspire 1 Pro with Zenmuse X5 gimbal and camera will let you put 45mm fixed lens or zoom lens to get close-ups. No matter what stay at reasonable distance from animals, please ...
2016-1-31
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-2-1 00:37
No luck, dude! Only $5K Inspire 1 Pro with Zenmuse X5 gimbal and camera will let you put 45mm fixe ...

That is what it seems to be.  I really wish even a grainy digital zoom on app, would be nice.   I'm surprised no one has come up with this feature in an app.  i would think they could make good money with this one feature.

The good thing is deer seem pretty unaffected as I'm flying high.  I really don't want to spook them as I enjoy watching them on fields.  So it has worked out good.... just hard to spot.
2016-2-1
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

Try flying in the mornings and evenings.. I have had the best luck around that first hour after sunrise and before sunset. I usually fly at about 70-90 feet when I look for them. They usually don't spook unless I get really close to them.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

dobmatt Posted at 2016-2-1 14:37
No luck, dude! Only $5K Inspire 1 Pro with Zenmuse X5 gimbal and camera will let you put 45mm fixe ...

It;s a good try, and i'm sure its fun to fly after deer, but i have to agree that only zoom can help you to get a nice close shot
2016-2-1
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

4StateFlyer Posted at 2016-1-31 20:47
If anyone has any advice on spotting things such as Deer at 400 feet it would be greatly appreciated ...

One more word of advice: your vids will improve greatly if you lower the tilt speed setting and master less frantic panning with stick, perhaps choose less aggressive curvature for stick action.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules