Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Standard- only 30 meters range.
12Next >
14364 47 2016-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

Hello,

I recieved my phantom 3 standard but not happy with it.
I get only about 30 meters range and the hight is also about 30 meters. I understand that it should be as good as the Lightning but 30 meters for wifi is VERY BAD!
I lost signal of both the Phantom itself and the video. The video connection was lost more often, the Phantoms connection was lost twice(hifht about 30 meters and distance also 30 meters)
And yes, I was at an open field, nothing around me. Even not any trees.
I tried to point the antenna at different positions, it didn't help.

2016-1-31
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Beginner Mode

You need to disable Beginner Mode in your app(Picture borrowed off The Net)
Beginner-Mode-selected.png

2016-1-31
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the above post. If that is disabled and you still have problems try putting your smart device in "Airplane Mode"
2016-1-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-1-31 13:26
Check the above post. If that is disabled and you still have problems try putting your smart device  ...

Airplane mode switches off the Wi-Fi, which on the Phantom standard is used to communicate with the RC ?
2016-1-31
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-31 15:01
You need to disable Beginner Mode in your app(Picture borrowed off The Net)

Beginner mode is not selected. So that can't be a problem.
2016-1-31
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

rodger Posted at 2016-1-31 15:26
Check the above post. If that is disabled and you still have problems try putting your smart device  ...

I also think that in airplane mode the wifi is disabled or not ?
If wifi is disabled I can't see live video on my phone.
2016-1-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kentristanpeter Posted at 2016-1-31 18:21
If wifi is disabled I can't see  ...

I assume max' flight distance, just under the 'Beginner' switch is set OK ?

The antenna should be verticle most of the time if the copter is away from you, at right angles to an imaginary line to the copter. If copter is directly above you antenna should be parallel to ground.

2016-1-31
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-1-31 20:52
I assume max' flight distance, just under the 'Beginner' switch is set OK ?

The antenna should be  ...

I tried different antenna positions but never got a good signal without connection problems more than 40 meters.
2016-2-1
Use props
janoschmahnke
lvl.1

Germany

After you set your phone to airplane mode you are able to enable your WiFi connection manually in the settings of your phone.
But im pretty sure that its an issue with the beginner mode, try to enable an disable it again.
Otherwise you have to check your max. distance and altitude settings in your dji go app.
2016-2-1
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

kentristanpeter Posted at 2016-1-31 13:21
If wifi is disabled I can't see  ...

Enter Airplane Mode and enable Wi-Fi. I am speaking about an IOS (Apple) device. If you are using an Android I have no idea as to how they work.
2016-2-1
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Here is another thought. Upload your files to Healthydrones.com and look at the signal strength of your flights. Also check your channels for noise in the Go App. Have you tried flying in a different location to eliminate any interference possibilities?
2016-2-1
Use props
PLindblom
lvl.1

Sweden

I bet your 5.8GHz antenna cable is either broken or disconnected inside your remote. I would return the Phantom for a new one.

Those of you who think this has to do with beginner mode, did you even read the first post? Both the RC signal and the video feed was lost at 30m... is that what you think Beginner mode does?
2016-2-1
Use props
TimUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PLindblom Posted at 2016-2-1 13:01
I bet your 5.8GHz antenna cable is either broken or disconnected inside your remote. I would return  ...

+1 on the antenna fault, if you deem yourself to fairly practical you can open up the remote and check the cable, it's not a hard item to fix but might invalidate your warranty
2016-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PLindblom Posted at 2016-2-1 13:01
I bet your 5.8GHz antenna cable is either broken or disconnected inside your remote. I would return  ...

"Those of you who think this has to do with beginner mode, did you even read the first post? Both the RC signal and the video feed was lost at 30m... is that what you think Beginner mode does?"

Yes I read the 1st post, but don't you think that the 30m mentioned was a bit of a co-incidence ? It was a simple and perhaps worthwhile check. Along with all the other setting checks. Fault reports can often be misleading.

The suggestion above (check antenna connection) sounds like the next step, both on the remote & copter.
2016-2-1
Use props
PLindblom
lvl.1

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2016-2-1 14:21
"Those of you who think this has to do with beginner mode, did you even read the first post? Both t ...

Honestly I didn't think of it as a coincidence, but that's probably because I've seen literally hundreds of posts from people with the same problem and broken P3S remote antennas are very common. I'm sorry if I sounded rude.

I wouldn't recommend the OP to open up his remote if it's still under warranty. If he does he might void the warranty and I'm not sure if you can even find a P3S antenna as a spare part.

The first time I opened up my remote I noticed my 5.8GHz antenna cable was really stretched, so I always keep my antenna folded to minimize the tension.

2016-2-1
Use props
dacofty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has the flight log been uploaded to healthy drones and posted yet?  Im interested to see the results
2016-2-1
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

Hey,
Thanks for everybody help and comments!
Right now have had very bad wether since the last flight where the errors occurred, so I haven't tested in once again. And also haven't had a possibility to test in in another place.
The P3S is brand new, so I would open it myself, I don't want to avoid any warranty.

I will upload my flight log to healthy drones tonight and will let you all know
2016-2-2
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

I already tried to upload it to healthy drones. I went to my phones folder: DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord but the problem is that there isn't any flight record file on that day when I was flying. There are some testings from the days before but not from the day when I went to the field to fly.
So the flying date was 31.01.16 but the only records are from days before.
But in the pilot app I can see the flight log from 31.01.16
What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot of the files in DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord

Screenshot of the files in DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord

Screenshot of the DJI GO app flights

Screenshot of the DJI GO app flights
2016-2-2
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

Ok, ignore my last post. I don't know why it did show but I figured out an bypass. I used HD Sync app for Android.

But here some short flights with errors recorded:
Downlink data connection lost for 1.7 seconds:  http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MjA0OA
Downlink data connection lost for 6.1 seconds: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MjA0Nw

I'm new to Phantom drones and also to Healthy Drones, but if you check it under General -> Notifications then there where the errors shown.
Have a look yourself
2016-2-2
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Looks more or less Perfect.
Is this the only location you tried so far?
I'm thinking maybe some dude in that neighbourhood has a jammer or some poweful radio equipment going on...
...not really but long shots are still shots, so try it a bit further away from the residences.
2016-2-2
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

6 seconds of data connection lost when the drone is 5 meters (15feet) from me, doesn't seem ok.  
But I lost once remote controller connection also but this doesn't show on any flight log. I'm sure it said remote control connection lost.
Next time I go flying I will record the screen of the DJI GO app

And yes, it is the only location so far. Hopefully on the weekend the wether will be ok to try it in another place!
2016-2-2
Use props
Juliano Cruz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I recommend you try another place. There is a place near my house I cant fly without interference (lot of wifi hotspot, radio transmiters, etc..), and in other places I can reach 1,3 kilometers without any interferences or video loss. I also have a P3S, and believe me, the place where you are trying to fly interferes a lot.
2016-2-2
Use props
bradyratchford
New

United States

Hey guys -- I actually had the exact same situation happen.  My P3S was losing signal at times less than 150' away.  Beginner mode is not an issue.  One thing to note is that it wasn't an issue of the area where we were flying either.  Friend of mine had no issues getting his P3S drone to fly more than 1500 feet away and it is the exact same setup as mine and we were standing right next to each other.
Here is the flight log from healthydrones.com.  

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... 645&page_id=GENERAL

any one have any thoughts?

2016-2-2
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

jeje i just to have the same issue with the standard, it have really short range.  they say CE mode 500 meters in open areas and FCC 1km in open areas
but what they dont say is that if is not open you get really short range , so i modify my controller , before the mod 100 meters and now 1km to 2 km in the city
here is what i did
http://forum.dji.com/thread-41425-1-1.html
2016-2-2
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

I don't want to mod my Phantom 3.
2016-2-4
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

I just want that it works like supposed. I'm not talking about 1km range, I know I can't get this without mods. I want just 300-500meters range, 30 meters isn't ok.
2016-2-4
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

I have had time to test my P3S. I have to say that airplane mode on my phone made it a lot better. Flying in an open area I could go 150m in distance at 40m hight.
But now near my house I got video signal only about 40m. Controller signal was ok! So still something is not ok, a little to less.
2016-2-27
Use props
mdfarys
New

Singapore

Anyone solved this issue ? I don't really wanna send my drone back to dji..
2016-2-27
Use props
Hinosaur
New
Flight distance : 16181 ft

Australia

HI Mine is the same 30 metres and i lose signal.I have tried go back in firm ware then cant get drone to see rc.re installed firmware with no luck  . tried patch for fcc mode still no better Please someone come up with something
2017-5-4
Use props
Hinosaur
New

Australia

Hinosaur Posted at 2017-5-4 20:10
HI Mine is the same 30 metres and i lose signal.I have tried go back in firm ware then cant get drone to see rc.re installed firmware with no luck  . tried patch for fcc mode still no better Please someone come up with something

I also just pulled rc apart and wire is good for airel so thats ok as well
2017-5-4
Use props
Hinosaur
New

Australia

Hinosaur Posted at 2017-5-4 20:30
I also just pulled rc apart and wire is good for airel so thats ok as well

I just tried in beginners mode still lose signal
2017-5-4
Use props
fans967b85df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22339 ft
United States

I cant fly above 98ft either and beginner is turned off also the drone thinks it is 70 feet away from me when I am right next to it
2017-8-12
Use props
fans967b85df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22339 ft
United States

My p3s wont fly above 30 meters and beginner mode is turned off plus I have the max alt set to 120 meters
2017-8-12
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.1

United States

I haven't had time to read every response to this issue but please let me be as clear as possible. Two days ago my drone was flying perfectly. My settings for altitude was 120m and my settings for max distance was set at 500m. I had a number of photo sessions I had to complete that day and I was able to finish them with zero issues.
The very next day I had other scheduled sessions so before I left my home I checked all my gear and in doing so I noticed there was an update on the DJI GO app (I have the Phantom 3 Advanced) so I updated it and then I left the house to go to the sessions. When I arrived at the first property I performed my regular checks and settings and everything was the same as they were before... the only difference was that I updated the DJI GO app.
When I started flying I suddenly got a warning which stated I had reached my max altitude (I was only 19m up) and when I flew the drone further away I got another warning that stated I had reached my max distance (I was only 19m away from the launch point). At this point I brought the drone back and landed it.
I checked the settings again and I was NOT in beginner mode, my max altitude was set at 120m and my max distance was set at 500m. Just as a process of elimination I changed the max altitude to 100m and I changed the setting so I would not have a max distance.... I tried flying it again and the warnings reappeared again at 19m altitude and 19m distance.
The issue is NOT with the operators or the settings, channels, modes or signal strength.... the issue started when I updated the DJI GO app. My thoughts are that DJI has embedded software in the app intentionally to control how far and high you can fly.
I'm guessing that if I can find the previous version of the DJI GO app for my phantom 3 advanced and if I delete the current one and reload the old version the issue may likely go away.
I will be VERY CLEAR with my next statement.... IF DJI DOES NOT STOP JACKING WITH THE SOFTWARE AND DOESN'T FIX THIS ISSUE THEN I WILL GET RID OF MY PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT AGAIN. FURTHERMORE, I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO MAKE TO TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM THAT DJI CREATED AND RECOMMEND THEY BUY THEIR DRONES FROM A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER.
HERE IN THE US WE HAVE MANY NETWORKS, FORUMS AND PUBLIC CHAT SITES THAT ANYONE CAN ACCESS. I WILL USE THEM TO TELL EVERYONE ABOUT HOW BAD DJI IS AND WHAT THEY HAVE DONE... I WILL ALSO INVITE OTHERS TO SHARE THEIR BAD EXPERIENCES AS WELL.
THE WORD WILL GET OUT AND DJI WILL LOSE MANY CUSTOMERS IF THEY DO NOT FIX THIS
If you are a DJI employee don't bother telling me to push (C1 + C2 + the shutter button) and don't bother me with those STUPID rookie steps to try to make me feel you are trying to help resolve the issue. I know for a fact that the issue is with your STUPID DJI GO app update so don't try to tell me it could be something else. It is SIMPLE to understand.... Previous day: Drone flying perfectly. Next day: I update the DJI GO app and now I have problems.

FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-8-12
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

i just a p3s a week ago, and yep,  i can only get 120m distance, and 30m high,  has anyone used the litchie app? or what ever its called,  its about 30 bucks but seems worth it, especially if it allows to get full range of the RC,
2017-8-15
Use props
msn56
New

United States

Exact same issue - will not go over 30M  beginner mode off etc etc was working fine before update
2017-9-13
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
First Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

msn56 Posted at 2017-9-13 14:47
Exact same issue - will not go over 30M  beginner mode off etc etc was working fine before update

Logout from ur dji go before 4 apps... Best to uninstall whole app but sync all flights first. Reinstall..log in ur account again ..when loggin in make sure your phone or tab are connected to a 4g or internet network...once done..try again..make sure all beginner setting or turn off n the limitation are properly set
2017-9-13
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
First Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

droneLIVEaction Posted at 2017-8-15 02:38
i just a p3s a week ago, and yep,  i can only get 120m distance, and 30m high,  has anyone used the litchie app? or what ever its called,  its about 30 bucks but seems worth it, especially if it allows to get full range of the RC,

Even when beginner mode are turn off... Do see your limitation setting too..if its same pls follow as above
2017-9-13
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

PLindblom Posted at 2016-2-1 05:51
Honestly I didn't think of it as a coincidence, but that's probably because I've seen literally hundreds of posts from people with the same problem and broken P3S remote antennas are very common. I'm sorry if I sounded rude.

I wouldn't recommend the OP to open up his remote if it's still under warranty. If he does he might void the warranty and I'm not sure if you can even find a P3S antenna as a spare part.

I don't think opening the RC up to look would kill the warranty. You have to open up the RC to fix the stupid left stick lock down (where the left stick doesn't return to center when pushed all the way down, there's a metal clip you have to remove or loosen). And doing that is in the manual.
2017-9-13
Use props
monstermash
Flight distance : 26240 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-1-31 08:04
Airplane mode switches off the Wi-Fi, which on the Phantom standard is used to communicate with the RC ?

Now I'm really confused, I always shut my wi-fi option on my iphone 5s and keep the airplane mode disabled.  To me the wi-fi option is for my wi-fi home signal, not the signal between the rc and ac.  I've never had a signal problem, please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
2017-9-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules