Phantom 3 Standard- only 30 meters range.
14417 47 2016-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

Siambuddhas Gro Posted at 2017-9-13 14:56
Even when beginner mode are turn off... Do see your limitation setting too..if its same pls follow as above

yes been through the dji tech support,  even tried different devices, iphone, tablests, etc,,,,   i got slightly better results with magic mod,  but that made the video lag almost obsolete,  and got me about 66m high at about 100m away  from me,  my record before signal loss/rth.

dji want me to send it back, but i see a trend with the USA guys being able to fix it, (FCC), while rest of the world seem to be stuck with these restrictions (CE),   prob return it to the place i brought it from and get an advance or another drone with the light bridge,  maybe the xiaomi mi drone would be a better option than a ps3 standard.   ???
2017-9-28
Use props
fans967b85df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22339 ft
United States

Dear friend, This is an old post i know, but i had the same issue. Check and see if beginer mode is enabled, if so disabled it. If that does not work delete the dji go app and reinstall it.
2017-9-30
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

fans967b85df Posted at 2017-9-30 20:03
Dear friend, This is an old post i know, but i had the same issue. Check and see if beginer mode is enabled, if so disabled it. If that does not work delete the dji go app and reinstall it.

yeah i know it is,just didnt want to post about the same issue,

i changed phones, now have a redmi note 4,  got abit better,  then pout a windsurfer on,  i can get to about 200m away before weak rc signal kicks in,  and pushed it past 130m high, while being 70m out.

im going to try rolling back to an older firmware next,  
2017-10-11
Use props
djiuser_f9qt6WR
New
Flight distance : 18839 ft
United Kingdom

droneLIVEaction Posted at 2017-10-11 02:23
yeah i know it is,just didnt want to post about the same issue,

i changed phones, now have a redmi note 4,  got abit better,  then pout a windsurfer on,  i can get to about 200m away before weak rc signal kicks in,  and pushed it past 130m high, while being 70m out.

Yes, an old post, I am surprised DJI havent implemented a fix Flying today at 150ft high, 100ft away, signal lost and RTH initiated, a heart stopping moment. I was confident it would come to me as I RTH as part of pre flight (and not to my last home point some 3 miles away ) and NO beginner mode is not enabled, now i'm off to reinstall software which took 50 attempts the last time I tried ......
2017-10-17
Use props
4hotoddi
New
United States

If there are still some who have not yet released the altitude issue...I also had the same issue. This might help... I found as long as my trainer is off and I have my setting under the legal limit of altitude my drone flew as I wanted. BUT…was sure to have my Airplane mode in my devise (iPad) turned on. With apple devises you will see an airplane icon at the top of your devises screen when it is on. I noticed that when I updated the DJI software it turned off the airplane mode. This worked well for me. I set my limit at 91.44 M (300’) I have not had any issues since (I have my distance set at the same) I did try 400' and it worked as well. If that doesn't release the restrictions for altitude & distance, there is another issue of which I am unaware. Hope this helps someone... "Happy Droneatizing"
2017-10-19
Use props
4hotoddi
New
United States

SOME CORRECTIONS...from first post...

If there are still some who have not yet released the altitude issue...I also had the same challenge. I found as long as my trainer mode is off and I have my setting at or under the legal limit of altitude, my drone flew as I wanted. BUT…I was sure to have my Airplane mode in my device (iPad) turned ON. With apple devices you will see an airplane icon at the top of your devices screen when it is on. I did noticed that when I updated the DJI software it turned off the airplane mode. Turning ON the airplane mode worked well for me. I set my limit at 91.44 M (300’) I have not had any issues since. If that doesn't release the restrictions for altitude, there is another issue of which I am unaware. Hope this helps someone... "Happy Droneatizing”

2017-10-19
Use props
djiuser_n3PFeJY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38419 ft
Austria

This happened to me similar. I set 120 m high limit and 500 m distance and the drone would not go more than 30 meters. I set flight mode to altitude mode by mistake. Set it to GPS mode and now goes more than 30 m
2018-1-14
Use props
Markatos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284567 ft
United States

This is a bug. I have the same problem. It happened when I made an update. Try landing it. Taking out the battery, putting it back in and reconnecting. This works for me sometimes. You also need to be logged in (according to DJI). Not sure what is up, I read somewhere else that this bug might be because you haven't taken the FAA quiz. I took that (in the app) and it worked afterwards!
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules