Parachutes
3060 12 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Hearing all of these crashes and such, why is no one using a parachute system like the Mars Mini system or other systems?  Would it not make sense to have this installed at all times?  Or am I missing something?

Just wanting to cover all of the bases when I recieve my 2 Vision...

2015-1-3
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

I do not think it works on the phantoms.
2015-1-3
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I would love this, but know of nothing for the V2+I suspect that the extra weight might push it beyond its useful lift limit/flight time.  (although the later v3s with the gutsier motors might cope.  )  
However, if one is produced I want it!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-3
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

There are videos on You tube where people have made them.  Seems to make a lot of sense.  Would be pretty simple to just have a small one to slow the descent.  The Mars ones seem to work with the phantoms. DJI has one for the Inspire.

http://www.spacecitydrones.com/m ... phantom-mini-plate/

http://www.dronequadcopter.org/q ... e-release-tutorial/
2015-1-3
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

I you don't use a gimbal or camera, it'll work, otherwise you will not have any place to put the parachute + the weight will be to much.
2015-1-4
Use props
Dimjar
lvl.1

France

Yes, it is hard to adapt a parachute system on a phantom, but I have ever seen some pilots who managed to do this by themselves with a small chute.
2015-4-16
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

To answer your question I think you are missing something.  When you say "hearing all these crashes and such" it is not real.  What you are hearing is what is posted here and other places on the internet and it gives the perception that these things can and do fall out of the sky.  Some on here seem to have a drive to perpetuate this misconception.  In reality they sell these things at a clip of 20,000 a month and reported crashes and failures are virtually nothing compared to the volume of Phantoms out there.  Yep you hear from the one two folks that have had a mishap, but you never hear from the thousands that don't.  Don't let the internet scare you away from this thing.  It is pretty much a reliable and stable piece of Tech.  No need for a parachute.  
2015-4-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Whatever parachute you may use. try to get the manual trigger not the mayday board. It can prematurely deploy the parachute.
2016-3-1
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

tjalex Posted at 2016-3-1 10:07
https://youtu.be/oAl4kZOcD7k

Whatever parachute you may use. try to get the manual trigger not the  ...

So what was the final outcome? I see the picture but was there any damage to the bird? Did the chute deploy and bring the bird down gently and did the strings of the chute stay out of the props?
2016-3-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Username Here Posted at 2016-3-1 15:22
So what was the final outcome? I see the picture but was there any damage to the bird? Did the chu ...

Hi Username, the final outcome is still under repair. and the distributor of the mars is still trying to contact the mayday maker to solve the issue. since the mayday deployed the parachute prematurely. i m still waiting...the damage is severe..below part the camera was rips off and broken n must replace with new one...the antenna leg part was damaged..since the parachute string got tangled with the propeller and it came down fast..and hit the ground like a rock.. most of the part are repairable but the camera is expensive..around usd400 plus ok...half the bird price...
in case u going to install any parachute..think twice...my bird was flown away 10 meter from where i was standing.. at 100 meters high.. no wind... imagine if mayday deployed at 500 meters if the drone stopped...it may fly 1 to 3 miles away from you.. it may hit any building and stuck on a tree or fell on a lake..since the parachute will take the drone according the wind speed. so, get the manual trigger.. so, u can pull the trigger when the time is right..when it is in safe distance near u or so so...and another danger..if the mayday deploy the parachute...the string may tangle with the propeller since the propeller may be still spinning..that what happened to me...the propeller was spinning and the string entangled with it and the parachute didnt open fully...so, get the manual trigger...hmmm. i will update the outcome soon..since the shop still haven give me an answer..hmmmm..very sad...my drone is new..just 2 months old...flown less then 15 times...each time...lest them 5 minute to 10 minute fly..new bird..but gone now...tks.
2016-3-3
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-16 13:04
To answer your question I think you are missing something.  When you say "hearing all these crashes  ...

Hi gary.. i do agree with u.. out of 100,000 cars in road...only few meet with accidents daily..its bad luck for those...some have money..will not bother much...but some not..but the government impose a law..all cars must have seat belt.. the same...drones must have parachute no matter how safe it can be...since..these parachute may someday safe someone's life...especially the young one that walking and all of sudden 6 kilo object hitting the head.. i had this problems. i was at a park, flying my drone...there was some kids flying small drones...all of sudden it fell near to me but i was under a tree..wooow!! it was scary bit...the tree safe me..imagine, without the tree, my head may need some stitches. why the trouble later...the rules in chile...its mandatory to have parachute if we wants to play in public area..just to prevent some innocent people..like the cars..even in airplane they asking us to wear seat belt all time... do u know...the drone n airplanes are the most reliable machine ever built. but the rules for them are more strict then cars and motorbikes and bicycles...why???? since we are flying over someone property..and we must take responsible if someone get injured...the sad thing is..why for our own happiness..we ready to hurt someone...just use the parachute and be kind in our deeds. that is the best we should do. thanks for ur sincere opinion.
2016-3-3
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

markus@egide.de Posted at 2015-1-4 10:30
I you don't use a gimbal or camera, it'll work, otherwise you will not have any place to put the par ...

Hi markus, no...the mars parachute can be installed with having the camera...it was design in such a way to be installed.. i had my perfectly install and the weight is nothing..these drone can carry some weight...my mars parachute is so light...i see nothing change after using it...so, get the mars..its perfect..for all drones...especially the phantoms... but the shop really can adjust it...for other drones...no worries...but get the manual trigger...the mayday board may trigger and deploy the parachute prematurely...it happened to me but i may not to u...since out of 100,000 object built..one may go wrong...but if u have extra budget...get the manual trigger..
2016-3-3
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-3 22:31
I do not think it works on the phantoms.

You mean mars.. the one i installed may create some problems when it deployed since if there is wind since the string of the parachute may caught with the prop. if the drone spinning fast during it fall.. so, the parachute much be installed on top not side or below like my situation...where it was installed side and near to to prop.. when the mars opened my drone was spinning and the string entangled with the prop and it fell like a rock...hmmmm
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules